[Suggestion] Give NC Reaver a weapon like M14 Banshee/Light PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Magma52, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Magma52

I can't make sense of what you're trying to say. You seem to have used sarcasm but it's kind of made it difficult to understand you.

If you're saying the Air Hammer = Banshee performance-wise, it may or not be the case, but that was never the point I was making so it's completely irrelevant. The problem with the Air Hammer is that you have to get MUCH closer to get kills and therefore put yourself in MUCH more danger. The Banshee/PPA lets TR and VS just sit a few hundred meters away and farm from there.

There is a misconception (or lies, for fear of a nerf) that Banshee/PPA do little damage from that distance. It is wholly untrue. They do enormous amounts damage from a very safe distance. It's totally unbalanced.
  2. Magma52

You've deliberately taken what I said and tried to make me look selfish. It's because you fear a Light PPA nerf or you fear that NC will get something similar to Banshee/Light PPA.

So me highlighting the fact that Banshee/Light PPA can farm infantry extremely well but Air Hammer cannot is somehow a problem? Explain to me what's wrong with that? Are you going to PM all the Banshee using TR leaderboard toppers on Miller and tell them how you feel?

And for your information, the real reason I highlight the issue is because I want my NC Reaver allies to be able to perform equally with TR and VS ( I even wrote this in the OP, but I guess you just didn't read), therefore making battles more fair for me on the ground (where I spend most of my play time). And before you ask, yes, I have used the Air Hammer a lot.
  3. IamnotAmazing

The ppa may be able to do several hundred meters, but not the banshee, while it can do farther than the air hammer it's still not very far due to spread and damage drop off. ( I have several hundred kills on the ah and aurax on the banshee). I"m curious, have you actually used the banshee at long range or at all?

The ah makes you get closer, but really not that much closer, and it allows you to ohk infantry and it's very very powerful at a2a, even better than the vortek sometimes. It's a gun that can do a2a and a2g, now that's imbalanced
  4. Hoki

They're all noob weapons that should be removed from the game.
  5. Paragon Exile

Why can't there ever be asymmetrical balance in this game without calls to remove it? :(
  6. Hoki

You can say that OP things add flavour, but I've yet to see a game where OP things didn't add that.

The problem with sky based AOE-murda-death-rain is that its just too goddamn easy, so that anyone that has done the time necessary to learn to fly can do it.

The banshee is especially deadly because it sounds like a normal nosegun. At least with the AH and PPA you know to prepare your anus or redeploy.

And whoever was talking about the AH advantage against maxes, I don't think there is a more potent anti-max weapon in the game than the banshee. In a slugfest with a flak max I will win. I don't even have to get close.

And now thanks to the free mini-map hacks telling me exactly where the rocket is coming from, taking out lockon heavies is effortless.

Its even halfway decent at damaging fat slow air vehicles.

Does anyone know if the banshee instantly lames everyone in a valk rumble seat? Cause it sure does against harassers and flashes.
  7. Magma52

Well, whatever we can say about drop off or spread doesn't really dispute the fact that the Banshee can be used from a nice, safe distance. The results are there to see. If there are drop off and spread penalties, then it simply isn't enough.

The only point I was ever really making is that, in comparison, the Air Hammer requires closer proximity and a seemingly exponentially higher risk of being shot down. It's enormously unbalanced.
    Yes, I have used the Banshee a great deal on my experiment TR alt...and I'll just assume you have used the Air Hammer, I'm not particularly worried about that; I won't be convinced otherwise about my assessment in the OP. It's not a matter of opinion because the results are there to see.

Again, the only thing I can say is that you're just wrong.

Banshee is as good as OHK. Whatever extra time it takes to kill at most ranges is certainly less than 0.5 seconds.

Well, then, at this point you need to consider the fact that Reavers have enormous disadvantages with A2A combat :) Ask anyone who has tried extensively and they will say the same thing.
  8. Morti

I'd settle for full auto mode on the AH

Really sick of single-clicking. Destroying my index finger.
  9. Magma52

Wow, personal insults for no reason. Reported.

And I'm assuring you that this is not true.

*Exponentially higher risk that far outweighs the reward.
  10. QQlazors

An AI pilot should almost always be close to the ground anyhow.
    It maximizes cover, which is a MASSIVE benefit.

To OP:
    Point==Null
  11. IamnotAmazing

Ah, looking up your flight time solved this one, you have 42 hours, sorry not a moron, just an inexperienced and misinformed player. Please respond when you've actually flown some.

So you trade having to get closer, for ohk, more kills per mag, and a very good a2a weapon, that defiantly seems awful
  12. NC_agent00kevin

13. Xasapis

The Airhammer performance is identical to that of the Light PPA. What needs to be brought down considerably is the Banshee.
  14. Mjolnir

The air hammer is amazing, why does this thread exist? Nearly every time i pull an airhammer reaver I get 30+ kills before dying. It has pretty long range, but you have to fire a few shots to kill infantry at range. The advantage is that you can mop up clumped up infantry, and you are also still viable against air targets.
  15. AdmiralArcher

make the AH a cannon instead of a shotgun.........make it less effective against air

boom

problem solved
  16. Goretzu

Banshee aKPU is ~15, AH aKPU is ~10, PPA aKPU is ~10.
  17. KnightCole

Banshee and PPA...spam friendly weapons. Its not wonder when you get a pilot out of his plane, he cant aim for crap....which I dont mind, free kills most the time.
  18. Xasapis

The Airhammer and the PPA have almost identical performance. What's much better than those two is the Banshee.

The way I see it is that PPA has the distance, but need to linger to deliver the damage. The Airhammer has the burst damage, but needs to dive in to deliver, so it lacks the distance. The Banshee however has both the distance of the PPA, combined with the burst damage of the Airhammer.
  19. KnightCole

Having been on the receiving end of all 3, the AH is by far the deadliest, it friggin 2 shot my MAX suit, but yeah, its range is apparently really short. PPA, it kills me in my HA before I can even move, while the banshee, I get hit a bit cuz it spreads a bit, but still kills next pretty damn quick. The Banshee damage is like a normal infantry weapon, not alerting me to the fact im being shot by a plane, then I jump around, take cover and die anyway cuz it was a plane...if anything, the banshee is the most deceiving.
  20. IamnotAmazing

ok, so buff it at ai, but soe then needs to nerf it at aa