[Suggestion] Give NC Reaver a weapon like M14 Banshee/Light PPA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Magma52, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Urban_Scorp

I have. Even better, I've been on the receiving end.

It was rather deadly, though obviously not the most efficient weapon he could have been using in that scenario.
  2. DrPapaPenguin

Nope, I come from the perspective that I used this weapon for roughly 2k kills, and thus kind of know how to work with it. So far, my experience has shown that it is a terrible long range weapon, the spread is horrendous, and will lead to maybe 1 kill per mag, unless there is a mighty cluster of targets.

Then again, I would LOVE the idea of reducing the rof on it, say to 750. I think it would actually benefit the ammo efficiency on the banshee.
    • Up x 1
  3. Dieter Perras

Like I said he was REALLY good at flying that thing. The way he spun in the air completely stopped my locks and unfortunately I seemed to be the only one trying to actually shoot him down.
  4. redmamba

that's right kids.
    keep whining about OP and UP stuff so that SOE makes an even better PS2 game
  5. T0x1s

I can agree with this as long TR and VS gets ravens
    • Up x 1
  6. vsae

AH damage drop off range nerf was unnecessary.
    Lets revert it back and stop moaning.

Also for anyone saying 300m high hover banshee is good. Nice joke;) Try it yourself with a single target. You'll hardly get a kill from that distance, even if you burstfire. Also, you're better off with default nosegun for 300m infantry plinking.
    • Up x 2
  7. Goretzu

Balance is balance is balance - complaining about complaining about it changes nothing, it is still balance and things move towards that state at various rates (usually until an expansion comes out and ruins it anyway :D ).
  8. Maljas23

As someone who has also aurx'd the Banshee, well before it was popular, I agree with whats being said here. May not have to be as close as the AH to score kills, but the Banshee is not going to be killing infantry 300m away. Just no.
  9. GhostAvatar

So NC gets a new weapon. What do TR and VS get as well?

Except with flak armor, then it can be problematic.

Skyguard!!!

And this is the problem with forumside, exaggeration and plain falsehoods.

Then give TR and VS something similar to the AH. Especially the VS.
  10. Hegeteus

No farmweapons for NC please
  11. Magma52

So I've been using the Mustang AH some more and I don't think my OP stressed enough how awful the thing is compared to the Banshee/Light PPA.

You have to get so close to your target to kill in a reasonable amount of time and the danger of being so close is just too much, especially with surprise flak. Of cource Mossies and Scythes get surprised by flak too, but due to the extended range of Banshee/Light PPA, they can attack from further out and the damage fall off of the flak means they take less damage under fire and are able to get away.

You would think that the TTK of the Banshee/Light PPA would be adjusted to compensate for this, but no, those weapons have a very high TTK from a safe distance. It's very, very unfair and surprising that the designers have allowed it.

Sure, sounds good to me. If were a case of a straight swap I would be happy; TR and VS get an AH shotgun type and NC get Banshee/PPA type. Everyone's happy. I really hope it happens.
    • Up x 1
  12. Nexus545

We are NC we have shotguns. Even on our planes. That's just how it is.
  13. NoctD

Why not turn the Canister into a GroundHammer? Ie. allow it to have some effectiveness vs. vehicles including other MBTs.
  14. Goretzu

The thing that gets me about the Banshee is that close up it has got a ridculously good TTK and yet it still carries a very good one out of very decent ranges too.
  15. nightbird

I have 15k kills with the Air Hammer, and I always get tells saying how this gun is OP and unfair and going to get nerfed. Everyone has different experiences I guess...
  16. Morti

Always hated the fact that it's a shotgun, and a semi-auto one to boot. If it had an auto mode, even with a low ROF, I'd like the AH more.
  17. Abstracted

OP is complaining about his ability to farm. :\

AH is just a little harder to use for a new pilot - considering you have to position more for killing infantry. But its effective against everything, unlike the PPA - try fighting air. The Banshee is just the middle ground in this case.

Just spam rocket pods, you'd likely be farming more from that than anything else?
  18. a-koo-chee-moya

AH seems kinda stupid, but if you guys like it....
  19. Yeahy

Kinda sucks that you guys can't use your default nosegun to kill infantry.
  20. IamnotAmazing

Yeah, the air hammer defiantly isn't hilariously op against air while still being able to farm infantry( maybe not at the same range) and maxes just as well as the banshee