Game is now unplayable.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BlackDove, Feb 2, 2013.

1. gilbz

Gahhhh, at least you younglings got more than 1 frame...

On a AMD FX 8320 @ 3.5GHz with 16GRam and a 2gb 7870 I got... wait for it... ZERO! That's right 0FPS. I logged in and though 'okay this is just log in lag' > 5 minutes later I still have it.

However I am lying alittle, it was kind enough on a few occasions to give me 1fps, but 90% of the time, the counter read '0'. I tried re-installing my drivers, altering user configs, logging in on different servers, different times and any other factors which may possibly cause this... but alas, it seems this games hatred of me has not dwindled.
  2. Jooky

the added lag and freezing is a added bonus!
  3. Dorito

Before this patch the game ran so smoothly on my system that it was incredible enjoyable.

Today this game is so bad, I had to log-out because it's basically unplayable. Unbearable video lag. Players disappearing from my scope. Choppy video frame rate. You should seriously reconsider a rollback to the previous version while you fix and thoroughly test this new patch.
    • Up x 2
  4. Folklore

It's pretty ridiculous that a patch that causes problems for a large majority of the demographic would get past testing.

You aren't some run of the mill company, you're SOE. You have years of MMO (hell, games in general) support and development behind you, you shouldn't be having problems like this in this day and age.

I knew Planetside 2 was going to be unfinished at release (not even 1.0 yet, still marked as SHIPPING), but c'mon.
  5. Zcuron

Try limiting the FPS to 59 in the ini if you haven't already.
    Assuming you don't have a 120hz monitor, of course.

Out of curiosity, what CPU would that be?
  6. Kastrenzo

GTX 680 FTW+ 4GB, i7 3930K Six-Core, 16gb RAM

Before the patch
    Warpgate: 150-170
    Most Battles:70
    Huge Battles:50
    Flying ESF:70

After update
    Warpgate: 50
    Most Battles: 30
    Huge Battles:25
    Flying ESF:20

I don't even...
    • Up x 2
  7. drNovikov

40-60 (vsync limit)
    i7-920 @ 3600GHz, 6GB RAM, GTX670
  8. Mata

Weird thing I noticed is before the patch my frames were alway limited by my GPU, which is most definitely the bottleneck on my system, now the game is saying my frames are limited by my CPU, which I never got before, strange. I don't know much but that tells me there is something screwy in the patch. Hopefully this hot fix will address this.
  9. Hatamoto

Thats what playing without the hud will do ... Smooth frame rates.
  10. Hatamoto

Lets not forget they had their way with the starwars license and have already run one planetside game to the ground. I dont know who/what to blame for ****** decision making at SOE, but it better be tracked down and dealt with. Blizzard used to,even before the sucess of wow, finish their games before releasing them and see where that got them. Market well, communicate to the players and spend that extra money to make the product amazing. SOE doesnt do any of these things, and probably wouldnt even if they got hold of the most popular IP in the universe.
    • Up x 2
  11. Arcanum

Hahahahaha. Are trying to suggest firing Smedley?
    • Up x 1
  12. Madscot

Patch is major fail.....crap performance now (
  13. Folklore

They've certainly screwed up past IPs pretty hard, but they didn't really boast about how they were better than other companies back then. Now Smedley and Higby are tooting their horn and talking about the industry as if they have the most successful game under the sun.

In ths day and age, they should know that talk is cheap. If they at least admitted that they made a mistake (apology would be nice too), then I'd be okay with it. But for ***** sake, who handles their PR?!
  14. Goden

Still unplayable after hotfix.

Just do a rollback please.
    • Up x 2
  15. Corezer

Im running this on an amd phenom 2 940 with a 9600gt with my 3.2 gigs of detected ram (minXP 32 bit user right har!)
  16. Hatamoto

Well Smedley cant even smile during interviews and events, while Higby does everything too much .. And stop using twitter to rap about awzome banhammrin dude!
  17. PresidentFreeman

And here I was hoping it had fixed things. Kind of anxious to check my game now, don't want to be disappointed.
  18. Arcanum

Don't complain. My understanding is that this "talk" is standard. It really is too much to expect more honesty.

Besides I'm pretty sure this game is at least relatively critically acclaimed while SOE has existed for a while. That gives them some room.
    Smed apologize at one point. On twitter, during tech test PR. (remember the talk about cosmetics and sidegrades?) I'm not sure what he was apologizing for but it was in response to a tweet of an angry player.
  19. Bruiserdog

Its a feature.
  20. Crierd

It really is nearly unplayable. My FPS gos from 80 to 50 then back to 80 and then down to 5 in just a few seconds, and anywhere in between at random times or whilst looking at areas with combat. Just spent well over 20 bucks today on PS2 and this happens, amazing. Not to mention, tanks and other things don't work at all with the most recent hotfix...

AMD Phenom II X6 2.8GHz
    8GB DDR3
    AMD 6870 1GB
    • Up x 1