Game is now unplayable.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BlackDove, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Hilv

Hi, my PS2 now runs better on my 3 gig core2duo 8800 gt machine, compared to my I7 8 gig GT555M.

I know the GT555M is a mobile card but it's overclocked and I was getting 20/24 fps in the most zergish of fights pre-patch, and usually around 30 fps which was "playable" Now its fine until a reasonable battle occurs and it can drop to 1-5 fps as many others are reporting turn away from the battle and FPS shoots up again.

I know they said they wanted to optimize for lower end machines, but I did not think they meant at the expense of newer ones. I know folks with much stronger GPU's having exactly the same issues.

I did not think I would have to break out the 6 year old PC to play a game in 2013
    • Up x 1
  2. MatthiasK

2X Intel Xeon LGA1366 is my best guess. Or 2X or 4X Xeon LGA1157 (which go up to 10 cores). Video cards? 2 GTX590's don't sound unnormal to me. Consider this when replying:Epic Games PC specs (these are some of the fastest PCs for the time they where bought). That's the only thing I know about Hardware used in Game development (except probably Valve using two monitors per PC, but that just seems to be industry standard).
    • Up x 1
  3. Sompele

They should restore the game to how it was before the patch.
    Now it's just hotfix after hotfix, but I still can't play the game.
    I don't like being treated like a labrat.

Mabye SOE should work like Cryptic did with STO (Star Trek Online)

Holodeck : Fully functional game (like PS2 before the patch)
    Tribble : Holodeck + new functions, updates, ... being tested.

All data was the same on both, if u're rank 15 on holodeck ur rank 15 on tribble, .... Only thing was on tribble u could have weapons, ships, armor, maps, ... (that was being tested) that became unavailable if u played on holodeck.
    And people playing on the testserver where given an amount of items or ingame money depending on how much they played on the testserver.

The nice part was if u just wanted to play, u went to holodeck and played. If u played on the testserver u had a first look at new items and such, ur progress was the same and transferred, but the game was not as smooth, u had to report bugs, ...
    It was a combination of playing and working for a better game.

The nice part was everything was tested by lots of players (who wanted to test and got some extra items) and whoever dind't just played the regular game.
    • Up x 2
  4. KoelnMetal

I no longer play this game.
  5. BenYeeHua

Did you try the new patch?
    We are getting better performance than before.;)
    • Up x 1
  6. MatthiasK

True, the game doesn't CTD for me and even runs with an OK framerate (considering I'm playing with an old Celeron Dual Core, that's quite surprising).
    • Up x 1
  7. KoelnMetal

The game works much better now. Big thank you the SOE/PS2-TEAM!

The game use alot memory (1 GB almost Win7 64bit, up to 3 GB the game, my 4 GB RAM working on the limit) i noticed, not sure if they can take a look at this too one day.