Game is now unplayable.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by BlackDove, Feb 2, 2013.

1. PresidentFreeman

Everything seemed good for the first 10 minutes then it all went to stuttering hell afterwards. Hotfix didn't work as intended I think.
  2. IronZuuL

Was hoping the Hotfix would actually fix the constant drops of fps. But nope, still goes up and down like crazy, and randomly drops to 0 fps near some vehicles or bases, without even being in a battle.

The hotfix did make the Prowlers shoot puffs of air, instead of shells. lol

Oh yeah the game was running perfectly before the patch. ;)
    • Up x 1
  3. CHEF

I could picture doodle this game faster than my FPS.:)
  4. Kaezyr

Count me in for unplayable performance as well. This is the first time I have ever had ANY problems playing this game since Beta started.

...and Yes , i have an AMD multi-core CPU and it hasnt given me any problems. This seems to be unrelated to my choice of CPU.
  5. Stew360

I was playing with HUD and i was getting the FPS ive talk about i just saying that my graphics was as pretty as thats just ad the hud on top of thats and i was getting this kind of graphics pre patch ;)

i could upload some footage on youtube but my videos get murderer in term of quality when i edit those for youtube the quality is not even near as thats , but when i play the game it was stunning

Now i have almost 50 % less FPS at least 15 to 35 fps drop from whats i was use to and even if a put the graphics on High ( vanilla ) i still get 30 or below fps in zurvan with not thats much peoples
  6. Boosafer

Video lag is horrible after the patch and hotfix.. Also Turrets aren't doing any damage when fired. This is useless to play with the current problems.
  7. Neopopulas

I haven't noticed a FPS drop myself, but i've never got more than 24 FPS (in warpgate) ever, so i guess i wouldn't
  8. ddp

STOP HOXFIXING! REMOVE THIS GARBAGE UPDATE AND GET TO WORK TESTING TO MAKE SURE IT WORKS FIRST BEFORE UNLEASHING IT ON PAYING SUBSCRIBERS! THESE FEATURES SHOULD HAVE BEEN TESTED AND WORKING BEFORE LAUNCH! Sorry but this is ridiculous and I am willing to wait for a working game than this bs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kaezyr

I have to apologize. I must take myself out of this discussion. I forgot I had Windows Driver Verifier running in the background and it was the cause of my issues. If you want to experiment and see what PS2 looks like as a slideshow go turn verifier on for all installed windows drivers lol
  10. Selinikkos/Asz

I tl;dr'd most of this thread,
    but everybody please check and make sure that the Planetside2 blah blah **Shipping**.exe process is set to the affinity of various cores.

Windows likes to hand the task to just core 3 of my good ol' Phenom II 955 BE. I get an unplayable game in this case, then I minimize , set affinity to all cores and get decent FPS.

I have yet to play the patched game myself. Will report results here.

P.S.
    Also, Sony, really, 4 gb patch and (apparently) no download resuming?
    You guys should release a separate patch file to a torrent, save everyone time, save yourselves money, and still pretty secure...
    Wargaming does it (is that encouraging or discouraging?)
  11. carlos1982

I am lagging as hell when Im into big battles (unplayable), random crashes too, flying and shooting I can not see my bullets, FPS drop horribly to 30.

my specs: i5 2500K not overclocked, 8GB ram, HD 7870, win7
  12. Hosp

Diff specs, but same effect. FPS going form 50-60 to 10-20 and it's like a yo-yo every few seconds.
  13. Derek069

Completely unplayable with higher end computer parts.... 4 fps spikes for a few minutes, back to 60 fps for a few minutes and so on so forth. Please fix it.
  14. Konstantinn

Try turning down your render distance in graphics options. Render distance max 6000, i turned it down to 4000. Still feels like I can see players/tanks/objects just as far as before if not better, but it made a huge difference in FPS after patch.

I run everything on high at 1920 by 1080, except for shadows(low), flora(low) and particles(med), terrain quality(med). Those are personal preference, makes it easier to spot people without too much smoke and particles from explosions and tracers, stupid bushes and brushes don't want them to block my view, shadows are next to useless (I don't need to see the shadow of your ammo pouches fastening clip), and as far as terrain having it on high just makes it harder to see someone camouflaged properly.

I played around with other settings, but render distance is the one that made the game perfectly playable. Literally can keep render distance at 6000 with everything else set to low, and I will lag non stop in large open areas. On the flipside turn down render distance to 4000 and set everything to high works just like it did before the patch (as in perfectly smooth).

Try it out, see for yourself.

As for tanks shooting blanks.... mine do (NC), reavers shoot every other rocket instead of all, machine guns are fine, air turrets seem ok, ground turrets shooting blanks, rocket launchers work perfectly fine. Those things do need to be fixed ASAP, it only happened after hotfix, not after 4gig patch itself. I do see plenty of magriders rolling around shooting just fine.... not cool, pls fix. Thx.
    • Up x 1
  15. Konstantinn

16. gilbz

I hate you... >.<
    /Tantrum/ I WANNA PLAY! /End Tantrum/

I guess I will be playing Sins of Solar Empire: Rebellion and stuff until another hotfix/patch rolls along...
  17. HerbertKnivez

Ha! I bet you had a system as crap as mine!

E4700
    GT610
    2GB ram, and as of the patch, I am getting a better FPS than most of you :)
  18. ThommiX

Just tried and the game is still laggy as hell. Fps drops to 1-10 constantly. Before the patch i had no trouble anywhere,not even crown with its megazergs,had decent 30-40fps all around usually.
    Now its unplayable.
  19. Skippytjc

Its not us or our hardware or internet connections.

75/35 Connection
    AMD 6 Core 3.4
    16 gig RAM
    RAID 0 SSD's
    Crossfire 6870's

They broke it, its not the gear.
  20. Crazyden85

Core I5 2400
    Radeon 6950
    8 Gb DDR3
    Windows 7

Some places with number of players >10 will drop my FPS to 1-5 from long distance. Interesting - if im in ceter of action , FPS dont drop.