game freezes on redeploy

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Louis Farrakhan, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rulistic

How to respawn in ps2
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  2. KemikalElite

Nope.

Not even that works. When planetside2 freezes it crashes the entire computer. Alt-tab doesn't work so i have to hard reset and reboot. I wouldn't mind as much if it was just the .exe crash but I can't keep doing unclean shutdowns.

bump for fix kthxbi
  3. metrotw

well....whats the story on this codeforge?
  4. Maellean

Yep. Still happening quite often, twice in about 10 minutes just now.
  5. Luperza Community Manager

We're aware of the issue and working on a solution.
    • Up x 5
  6. Rulistic

Thanks hun.
    Happy to finally see this problem is acknowledged.
    PS. love your hair :p
    • Up x 1
  7. Whateverworks

Locks at 100% on loading screen when using quick deploy to squad. No Physx stuff.
  8. Kanzy

I've been having this issue since GU04 and have been in contact with SOE support on it for a while now, lots of work arounds and lots offices submitted but so far nothing worked, even when I disabled all my Windows services as a test, apart from my antivirus, it just made the issue happen less often but it still happens, I even did a clean reinstall of the game, good to hear this IS an issue at their end and not mine.
  9. Lazaruz

Happened right out of the gate today, I was maybe 3 minutes into the game. One manual shutdown later, and I think that's enough PS2 for today.

Also, I can't help but notice that Planetside 2 is the only game I've played that requires me to add it repeatedly to the trusted applications on my anti virus and firewall, and delete/rewrite my user options after almost every little update... beta is beta.
  10. SikVvVidiT

Off topic Lazaruz but did you used to play in PS1 as Lazaruz111 or a name simular to that? I forgot the name exactly.
  11. Lazaruz

I had no numbers, I think my character was just Lazaruz or xLAZARUZx.
  12. TeknoBug

Ah yeah I recognize that PS1 name.
  13. sozo

still here ...fix it plz
  14. drag zamf

Yeah i hate this. Some guy in game gave me a little hint which helped on my crashes.

Controlpanel -> battery -> high performance

Now i have half the crashes. Still annoying and i try to avoid the most crowded places on deploy. Everything is low settings btw. I hope this works for you. It helps on my pc obviously.. (laptop)
  15. Jezs

I have actually stopped getting this bug today, could just be temporary though
  16. Beatnu2

Ty Luperza... appreciate the response.
  17. Terramorph

Played this evening for several hours. No crash on re-deploy. Perhaps they fixed it.
  18. Gristo

Hey guys, I'm pretty new in PS2 and had a hard time with the game. I uninstalled it because it started to really annoy me. whenever I started the game I cought myself waiting when it will freeze again.

PS2 is a lot of fun, but I only play 1-2 hours a day, and when I want to play I look forward to play, but then it crashes, so it's just not fun anymore.

hope it gets fixed soon. maybe I'll install it someday.
  19. veehexx

I've only been getting the 100% freeze since todays update! every deployment attempt has ended in having to task kill planetside2.exe. based off the changelog, then it might just be a coincidence.
    Revalidated game files (no issues) via ps2 launcher (i'm running via steam fwiw).
    I've also been getting texture issues; anything other than the world itself and vehicles, flicker...

q6600, w7x64, 8gb ram, 660ti at 1920x1080 high detail, physics on. Miller server (amerish i think this morning)
    hope to see a fix soon - missing out on double XP this weekend :S
  20. sozo

well today im 3 for 3 ..all three times i ge the same old freeze on deploy....i have to admit im disgusted with sonys failure to acknowlegde this ..if it takes a while to fix fine..at least let us know your working on it asap...certainly more important that new decals and such
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.