game freezes on redeploy

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Louis Farrakhan, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louis Farrakhan

after the latest hotfix, when i redeploy in any situation (ams, base, instant action) the game freezes at the loading screen, and i have to end task the game.

anyone else getting this?
    • Up x 19
  2. Demosthenes

It has happened to me a couple of times since patch.
    • Up x 2
  3. sigur

+1 Happened at least 6 times in 2 hours, tonight. Never behaved like this, before
    • Up x 2
  4. Soulfiend

yup been getting this randomly too, mainly when i redeploy to warpgate
  5. MissTiger

I reported this a few days ago, haven't heard anything about it... Game locks at 100% on the loading screen.
  6. codeForge

Do you guys have GPU Physics enabled?
  7. doombro

Thank goodness. I thought it was just me.

I don't. GTX 460 here. Playing on all low settings.
    • Up x 1
  8. Maellean

Been happening several times a night to me for the past few days. Have to force end the client and restart

ATI 6870
    • Up x 2
  9. Asfo

Same here. Never really crashed since Beta (very very rarely).
    Since GU4, it's a a few times per day ...

Happens whatever the settings I use, being it LOW, HIGH or even ULTRA.
    With and without PhysX, it doesn't matters, it just happens.
    Mostly when respawning, but also when entering a terminal.
  10. Fire Works

There has been a thread on this in the Bug section too.

No, no physix for me but i got the crash 4 times since GU4
  11. Fire Works

This just got me... A lot of tech bugs are actually seens and posted as gameplay bugs section of the forum.

Can we please get a sticky for posting what where, as coders are replying here and the bugs forum seems to be read by different SOE ppl...

Or best you read and reply to both. Especially the frame drops on flying over facilities.
  12. Gribbstar

This bug is resulting in many a rage quit for me. It only started with gu4.

Playing full ultra settings apart from shadows and GPU phsx off.
    Q6600 @ 3.2ghz
    6gb ram
    Gtx 285
    I could list more but I'm sure it's not relevant.

Voice comms stays active so I can hear my squad speaking but they cant hear me and my screen is frozen either on load screen or with the spawn tube effect. I have to ctrl alt del to desktop and restart the game every time. It happens with no regularity or pattern other than balways eing on a respawn.

Other outfit members are experiencing it too.

Very, very, frustrating.
  13. dsty

I was also crashing alot Yesterday someone in my outfit told me to uninstall Processor Lasso after i uninstalled that the game only crashed once after two hours of game play witch is normal for me since i installed the game in dec lol sad eh.
  14. Dreamspell

Same here. Never used to crash before and I have made no changes software or hardware wise. Already tried re-validating. It is frustrating and has forced me to stop playing as much.
  15. talmaru

I am getting this crash as well
    before they implemented gpu physics
    Also walking through a biolab teleporter will occasionally crash me
  16. Yug0sRouge

I use an ATI GPU (no Physics enabled), and this started happening to me too, since GU4! ):
  17. Zorkham

I have the same problem as OP, but not all the time. It might be coincidentally for me that it has happened when I deploy to a sunderer (maybe it gets destroyed after I deploy and start to load).

edit.:no physX
  18. metrotw

This has been happening to me and a lot of my outfit buddies as well (I play for Enclave and we run 6-10 squads nightly).
    It happens on re-deploy, inserts from warpgate, squad deploy, spawn beacons, zoning into a new area etc etc. We have every kind of computer
    configuration possible between amd\intel\nvidia\radeon, win xp\7\8 etc, overclock\no overclock and on and on...We ALL
    are getting this bug on a daily basis..in ops when we have 50+ people zoning at once it seems to happen more often. My
    squad leader yesterday crashed or locked up no fewer than 8 times in a 3 hour period last night.

This bug started with gu3 with the drop pods locking up..SOE seemed to have fixed it with gu4 however now we get this instead.
    It is a very annoying bug having to constantly restart and totally breaks gameplay flow when doing squad\platoon ops with your outfit. Having 15-20 people crash at once is a major disadvantage.

One other thing that has been happening with regular frequency is it getting frozen at 100% at the splash screen and then never
    putting you back in the game.

Please put this as a priority bug codeforge as it affects many of us doing large scale outfit ops.

Thanks
    • Up x 5
  19. sozo

hapening to me and the guy i squad with ..seems totaly random ive tried everything on my end im at the mercy of soe to undo this issue i was fine before the patch this weekend never once had the game crash now i play till ive crashed about 3 times theni need a break ..sometimes thats 20min sometimes its a couple hours i never know but its always on a spawn never dureing play.
  20. Chrotenise

Same here. All settings on low. Win8 w/ HD 5470 and I5 proc. Shadows disabled.

Before the fail patch I crashed to desktop when droppodding so I couldn't use that. After the latest hotfix I freeze up when I load a new continent / redeploy. I see myself for 1-2 seconds, then it reloads the area. As a result, if I hotdrop or otherwise deploy I have ended up dead before I started moving.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.