GAME ERROR G99

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by kempinukas, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Suriakk

Power cycle your router... after all that ******** i went through G99 is failure to connect with the login server. So power cycle your router first. then try all the other **** they tell you too.
  2. KikoHP

Yup, that's what the support team told me.
    They told me to follow those standard steps (firewall, antivirus, cache, etc.) and also to open the correct ports on the router.

So this is probably my problem... the network management here in the campus probably have those ports closed or somehow they prevent this kind of usage of the internet here. (I also can't download torrents, among other things)
  3. MajiinBuu

I most often play on my college campus, where there are different wireless networks to connect to. When I play I get error G99 on all of them but one. The only one without error G99 is currently unavailable, so I have no way of playing the game. My computer exceeds all the minimum requirements to play, and I know for a fact the servers aren't down.
  4. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Do me a favor and submit a support ticket so we can continue to troubleshoot your issue. How's your signal by the way? Are you in the green or hitting yellow and red?
  5. Bimbokrapfen

it's working at my game now
  6. CPLDiarreah

it mainly happens when there are maintenance updates at least to me
  7. Kaloshock

Okay, so this is annoying the crap out of me. I've been getting this error for about a whole month now. I installed Planetside 2 some time ago since people said it is a good game, but when I tried to start it (installed from Steam) it would go to 98% and then give me this error. I just tried it again after like a month, but the SAME thing happened. I have it allowed through my firewall, and I am seriously getting annoyed by this. I've searched everywhere but to no result... Please help!
  8. LordWilliam

i'm having the same problem, firewall is all set, no forum posts about shutdowns, and was working fine yesterday.
    it just crashes while loading.
  9. Freedomfighter

i am unable to find the application updater and i made all files unhidden
  10. Vanguard 2

servers are down. servers are down? SERVERS ARE DOWN?!!SERVERS ARE ******* DOWN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHAT KIND OF @*$& GAME HAS A SERVER DOWN FOR OVER 1 U#*%#*$ WEEK?
    • Up x 1
  11. cloudxsora

So I downloaded this game 2 days ago, downloaded just fine, installed just fine, I go to open it, first screen comes up, loading gets to 55% and closes due to G99 error. I try again today, theres a small 92MB patch and now the loader only gets to 6% before it gives me a G99 error. What the heck is going on? o_O
  12. Cap10red

I'm the same,

Downloaded game 2 days ago, and was playing on it just fine (becoming slightly addicted lol). Managed to convince a few of my uni friends to play. now they're all online and loving it where as every time i hit play on the launcher it loads into a black screen then bounces back out and into browser with G99 error :(
  13. CrankD

I guess there is more than one solution... but in my case it was the antivirus.
    I had the "Comodo Antivir" and it blocked the "PlanetSide2_x64.exe" and there was no possibility to change that. It was even blocked when Comodo was completly turned off. So I deleted it and installed another antivirus. After that the game worked without any problems. But make sure that you also got the right rules for your firewall: PlanetSide2.exe ; LaunchPad.exe ; and the "awesomilu.exe or however it's called.
  14. Justikman

I made an exception in my firewall but it still doesn't work. I was still on the tutorial and it crashed on me and now every time it loads to 6% and shoots me out to an internet page with "Game Error G99" so I don't think it's an issue with my computer or firewall because like I said I made an exception but it still won't let me play.
    • Up x 1
  15. Artherion

I have added Planetside2.exe Launchpad.exe and awesomeproccess.exe to my firewall, and i have re-installed many times and i am still getting G99 error
  16. EagleTheRealGamer

I just installed the game today... I loged in and 94% Error g99 i come to i have allowed planetside 2 to my fire wall... i have disabled my fire wall what to do i am stuck and i really want to play the game!
  17. Chettone

Exact same error here!