GAME ERROR G99

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by kempinukas, Dec 6, 2012.

1. FLHuk

Ok, this makes sense as I've just had this error for the first time and all the servers do indeed report as down.... BUT.... Why the hell is the launcher even trying? Why does it just not ping the server and go nah, call again later! Why a hang, a crash and a failed web page redirect that all tells me nothing which in turn leads me to a forty min forum trial where by I have to stumble upon one post!

2 + (unknown number) = 4, I hope....
  2. Veratu SOE

Must be a browser cache issue on your side.. I show everything in MAINT mode except the US West realms in LOCKED.

Do a shift-refresh in your browser.
  3. PsyStorm

Happy New year Veratu :) Keep up the good work!
  4. Gro0vy

I am still having this error, and the servers are indeed very much up. Ive been playing fine until the last patch. been having this error ever since
  5. KikoHP

I'm having this problem as well, at least since 12th January at which time I thought it was due to the "Server Downtime 01-12-2013" however I tried again the next day with no success.
    Today I tried getting in the game again and same thing happen - in the Launchpad the game updates then I login, the loading screen comes up, it takes some time at 98% and crashes with Error G99.
    I followed all these instructions from another Error G99 related topic and none of them solved the problem.
    I even tried to start the game with both Firewall and Antivirus turned off.
    Same thing keeps happening and I can't seem to make the game work...

Back in December, during the holidays I played it a lot on a daily basis and had no problem. Does anyone know what might be the problem?
    Thank you very much in advance!
  6. BenYeeHua

Uninstall firewall and anti-virus?
    Because disable it don't stop all the monitor, they just don't control only.
  7. KikoHP

I may have found the problem... Do you believe it might be a graphics card issue?
    I have a nVidia GeForce GT 630 (2GB) on my laptop and according to this list it doesn't meet the minimum requirements.
    But it worked pretty well before the fix...
  8. KikoHP

*GT 630M
  9. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

I'm sorry but, unfortunately, the NVidia GeForce GT 630M does not meet the minimum graphics requirements in order to play PlanetSide 2. You can read more about support graphics cards in the link below.

http://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36590/
  10. BenYeeHua

But it can play with 25-30FPS if the rendering quality is 55%:)
  11. Suriakk

So you're telling me that for 3 weeks my video card (GTX 650) which, incidently meets your requirements as per your link, the game somehow decided no, you do not meet the requirements AFTER 3 WEEKS OF CONSTANT PLAYING WITH SETTING ON HIGH! The game just decided that **** off your ***** bunk and you don't need to play this game anymore?
  12. KikoHP

No it can't, because I get the G99 Error while starting the game (Loading gets to 98%, crashes and "Game Error G99" shows up in the browser)

Well in the previous version it run quite smoothly with medium graphic quality! Why did you changed it? Isn't there anyway I can overcome that and still try to run the game on low quality?

Thank you very much for your help.
  13. BenYeeHua

Try delete UserOptions.ini.
  14. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

That comment was meant for another user. The GTX 650 does meet minimum requirements, it would seem that you're experiencing a different error. I'd suggest submitting a ticket thru our support staff so we can give you solid suggestions on how to get you back in the game.
  15. KikoHP

Didn't help but thank you anyway.
    Any other ideas? Thanks
  16. BenYeeHua

Did you are using the newest driver?
    And how about other game?
  17. KikoHP

I have all the drivers up-to-date.
    I can run Battlefield 3 on 1920x1080 with medium video options (High texture quality and the rest mostly Medium) with fairly acceptable smoothness. The same result for The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim with High/Medium video options.

What troubles me is the fact that the game actually crashes during the loading screen at 15% everytime (the first loading when you press login and the game opens in full screen). If it were a problem with the video card, shouldn't the game at least launch and once some kind of overload would be reached, it would crash?
    And I was able to play it without any problems in late December, so it should have something to do with the latest updates.
    Is it possible it might be some problem with my current location? I'm Portuguese and I first played the game in Portugal but now I'm in Poland on a student's dormitory in an University campus.
  18. dreyethel

Yeah I've been doing the thing where it will say 15% then just go to the character screen, I was playing at 4:00 yesterday eastern time and this is the first time I've tried since then and now I'm getting the G99 error.
  19. KoooZ

I had to go back and double check to be sure after I read his reply that he indeed was quoting someone else. How did you make what he said to someone else about a different graphics card about you and yours? He didn't quote you, he did quote someone else, AND he stated in his post the name of the graphics card he was referring to.

Are we as consumers this desperate to take things out of context now?!
  20. Zerotolerance

Okay soo I am now having this issue as well, and i was playing at about 3:30 pm is when i logged off tried now and the game crashes at 98%, i never DC'd in game. Like i said i was playing fine at 3:30 and prior to that. please help if there has a been a fix and i missed it in forums.