FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Zaves

How bout we drop the pointless dreams of MLG and put that money into hiring some people who can fix this without googling it. just saying....not the first time the ball was dropped...less guns and helmets more fixes.
    • Up x 6
  2. CptFirelord

I think you're missing the point. I have a rig that's much better than most of the people getting 50+ frames, and yet I'm barely getting 20. And when did I ever state that you needed to get used to having low FPS? I was merely complaining that someone who is used to 50+ is now getting 20, when most of us are used to 20. He says it's impossible for him to play with 20 frames, while the majority of the games' users are playing with worse than that.
  3. CptFirelord

/slowclap
    • Up x 2
  4. James787

My feeling is that the planetside2.exe process is limited to 2 GB of memory, with the latest update has "toppled" over that figure by a slither, which causes mad swapping (not pagefile, but textures). This is why my frames hurt so much when a tech station renders (new subset of textures).

Sony, make your exe use 3 or 4 GB ram hey with your C++ linker, it's an option of some kind. I could modify the flag myself but I might get banned due to client-side "cheating". Even better, make a 64-bit version that gets run by the launcher automagically. Most of us have 16 GB ram and it's sad to see planetside2 use 1.99 GB of it (and 1 core, but let's do 1 thing at a time yeah?).
  5. SeasickSand

Same thing, low fps. Dropped by 10 fps( killer for me). Hope it's fixed soon. This has happened before and has been fixed soon, so don't go crazy just yet forumside.
  6. Leroy Jenkens

If they can spawn 2000 simulated players connected to 2000 simulated random clients on random speced computers with 2000 varying internet connections to their server then no they don't really need a test server.
  7. Hobblin

Oddly, my FPS seems to have improved by about 10 fps during a small-ish fight just a little while ago. That could definitely be a fluke since I didn't test for very long but I found it interesting in either case. I certainly didn't notice any decrease in performance. Previously it was about 30 fps in fights involving 5-10 people in a base, today it averaged 40 (mostly CPU limited).

AMD FX8350 @ 4.5GHz
    8GB DDR3 @ ~1500MHz
    Radeon 6870
  8. Sworaven

You do realize that PS2 is available to the entire world and not just the US, right?
  9. Arkespore

The thing is, we don't just want hotfix after hotfix fixing the framerate issues. We really need a patch that optimizes the game better. At this point, the optimization is terrible compared to other games.
    • Up x 1
  10. TRick Shot

11. Sworaven

Well said.
  12. LostSnipe

The problem may because if you set your render distance under 1000, it's now capped at 1000, you can't go any lower, even if you try to change it, it resets it.
  13. Sobralense

Don't know where they doing the optimization. Every update FPS goes down, until they fill with quick updates about a month later.
  14. rickampf

Same problem... FPS drop 15-20; Used to be 40-50.
  15. TheEvilBlight

16. Thornton14

My fps went from 45-50 to 20 during a minor little scrap in TI alloys. Im using a GTX 670.

Utter Garbage
  17. Naceo

Sorry, I meant shotty collation of mismatched territories.
    • Up x 1
  18. LameFox

I think so far the weirdest part was when I flew over a sizeable battle around TI/Crown/Crossroads at about 50fps, then dropped to like 30 passing Zurvan with nothing going on.

What.
  19. ThaPhreak

totally off topic here, but for the lulz!

crap, we got mosquitoes... anyone got some off?

hehe c'mere pella
    http://1.bp.************/-OgyW5H_ckiA/T4Uk6UUccxI/AAAAAAAAACI/TrYMM7jd5K4/s320/file-2.jpeg

and yea noob pods seriously need nerf'd :p
  20. xWarMachine

Unplayable FPS issues.. literally I will not play this game until the FPS gets fixed. Used to get 35FPS in the largest fights.. now I get 15FPS...

Ill give it a week to get resolved before I unsub and move on...