FPS drop after GU4

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Matcap86, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Ekdal

Radar, Is there any chance the missing attachments will be restored? just give me a sign. xoxo
  2. Plasmaszap

I was really surprised to have such a big FPS fluctuation after GU4. I used to play in the 70 fps all around with maxout graphics (physix not actived, 1080p rez) but now in battle i get around 20 -30mx which is really disapointing and frustrating.

I have a decked out computer : i 3570K OC @ 4.2 Ghz, 16 gb of ram, maximus v - gene mobo and GTX 580 matrix platinum OC @ 975 mhz.

i really like the quick response of SOE regarding this issue, but SOE need to focus on the optimization of the GPU for the game. Such big issue should be on way more important on your priority list then content. Although addition content mean additional income from station cash, you risk loosing much more in the long run if the game is not optimized for those epic battle.

Cheers

P.s : Useroption.ini has been deleted and recreated so i know that is not the issue.
  3. XRIST0

Its got nothing to do with the GPU , the game is CPU bound..
  4. SirJMD

RadarX, tell me.. don't you do any testing of the patch before dumping it on live servers? I mean.. this FPS drop is quite severe and affects most people - it should have been experienced by you, if you had actually tested the patch.

I appreciate all the time you guys spend on this game, but you can't just dump a crappy patch mate. I have <19 FPS when in my ESF, which is basicly useless.
  5. GSZenith

really never notice, just spam spam spam oh look 500/0 k/d i'm good now right mom?
  6. PS2Freak

are devs also aware of long existing exploit of ESF
    ESF double/triple rocket

when it will be fixed?
  7. PS2Freak

8. Posse

Probably not because the problem with FPS is mostly in huge battles, since there's no public test server (fortunately they'll be implementing that soon) they can't replicate it.

Btw, just for the record, with the ultra settings .ini I'm now getting 20 FPS in huge battles (down from 30-35 before the patch) with a i5 2500k @ 4.2 ghz, 8gb RAM, GTX670, which is just the change from good FPS to annoying FPS (from 30 to 60 there isn't a big difference in playability, but from 20 to 30 the difference is just too big).
  9. Pella

Sigh..
    • Up x 1
  10. Plasmaszap

You didnt understand what i meant.

1. The actual issues is not linked with the GPU as the game is mainly oriented toward CPU
    2. Sony needs to change there approache from CPU to GPU. Once the game will be more balance between CPU and GPU, performance issues will be something of the past.
  11. GSZenith

i know having to aim is bothersome :/
  12. Sh0xy

My games running fine.

I use a memory cleaner - http://www.koshyjohn.com/software/memclean/

On my options tab i have 'trim processes every 5 mins', hope this helps if it is indeed a memory leak issue.

(Caution you may experience a crash in planetside 2 the first time you open it with memory cleaner in use, happened on first use on two of my computers, but after that PS2 has not crashed since, at least not as a result of the memory cleaner anyway hehe.)
  13. XRIST0

You do have to aim ..

I consider myself a decent pilot , it is not easy taking out ground targets .

Lucky if you can shoot anything with all the flak and lockon weapons in the game currently , spend most of the time repairing .
  14. Pella

Honestly don't preach on what you have absolutely no idea what your talking about. Check my Stats/Videos.

Or are you simply trying to get a rise out of me? While making yourself look like an idiot.

Jog on please.
  15. Basileus

He won't understand because he obviously has not flown at all. Ground pounders who never get in the air have no idea how easy flying really is not.
    • Up x 1
  16. XRIST0

By far the most challenging thing to do in the game , you get the rare occasion where you kick *** but theres also times where you feel completely useless .

It is frustrating , flying back and forward every minute to reload or to repair .. To get 20 kills an hour if your lucky , but its awesome fun .
  17. KjarAchran

How did we go from "We have an FPS problem since the latest patch" to "I have the biggest ******" ?

Also, same problem here

i7 3.5Ghz OC'ed to 4.6Ghz
    Nvidia GTX 670

Went from 40-60 FPS to 20-40... big battles are pretty bad FPS wise now
    • Up x 1
  18. XRIST0

Every thread drifts offtopic at times , everybody knows there is an issue .. we are waiting for this hotfix .
  19. Dovahkiin

HUGE FPS drop for me. used to be 40-50 in large battles, now it's in the 20's.

Just when I thought PS2 was good again... looks like I'm going to take another 1 month break *sigh*

EDIT: Honestly, I would of thought the Update wouldn't have this problem, especially since it was delayed for quite some time.

No hope in PS2 devs.
  20. XRIST0

There is a hotfix coming ? why would you take a month break ..