everyone has access to recon darts?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Raraldor, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Raraldor

So one of the ammo types you can choose on the crossbow is essentially recon darts, but more than infiltrators could ever carry before. I'd like more information about this before I make an opinion, like the range the darts detect as well as how long they are up, but this doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    • Up x 12
  2. Mustarde

completely agree. This is the bread and butter of the infiltrator class. Unless you want to give me a medic gun or jetpack, I would strongly suggest this be limited to infils or taken out.
    • Up x 11
  3. NinjaTurtle

This is a disastrous change giving other classes access to recon darts impedes heavily on a huge role the infiltrator currently has in the game.

Why give more tools for making the class more team friendly like the recon beacon if you are at the same time giving all other classes access to the same effect?

If other classes have to have access to the Crossbow the recon dart ammo type must be limited to Infiltrators
    • Up x 1
  4. m44v

I applaud your attitude, it's the best to be polite and be patient then there's no much information going around... but if I can be forgiven I'll just RAGE ABOUT THIS CROSSBOW SENSOR BULLCRAP

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  5. Xebov

I cant tell you anythign about range, but the lifespawn is currently ~15s. Will test this further once the Testserver is available again.
  6. Raraldor

Yeah, not sure I like this idea, but if what Xebov says is correct, and the range is also less than that of a rank 1 recon dart, I don't mind it being left as is.
  7. m44v

yeah, I remember that the rank 1 of recon dart was useless as hell, what's the point of this? is like if SOE gave C4 to the infiltrator but it could equip only one and do 1/8 of the damage. If the feature is going to be useless then just not give it at all.

edit: wait, I read now that Xebov mean 15s the duration and that he doesn't know about the range.

*RAGES*
    • Up x 1
  8. Rogueghost

Why would I give up my side arm for a couple silly recon darts?
  9. whitupiggu

The recon dart is the one thing that makes the infiltrator useful to a squad or platoon. Giving everyone even an inferior version greatly devalues the infiltrator.
  10. Raraldor

I actually wouldn't be too annoyed if it was equal to rank 1 recon darts. Any higher than slightly better than rank 1 darts and I'd have a bit of a problem with it. You still have the infiltrator, who specializes in recon and whatnot, who can cert into better and better recon darts that blows the crossbows out of the water.
  11. whitupiggu

How about giving everyone a secondary that can revive people at 50% health then. I'm sure medics wouldn't mind.
    • Up x 6
  12. Raraldor

Well that's rank 4 revive tool right there, which I wouldn't like if rank 4 recon detect devices were attached to the crossbow. Also, while the medic has just that revive and healing tool going for them, the infiltrators still have their cloak and snipers and now the motion detectors. I get what you're trying to say, but I don't think it's the same in my opinion.
  13. whitupiggu

50% is rank 1.
  14. Raraldor

15. whitupiggu

Medics have revive grenades and healing grenades as well as an AOE heal they can activate. The infiltrators usefulness is already dubious so you are fine with other classes getting one of its abilities because its not as useful as a medics?
  16. Raraldor

both have their place and both are useful enough that it's not something to take lightly. That being said even if everyone had rank 1 or slightly better recon darts, I don't think it would hit the infiltrator class nearly as hard as the medics. Their entire thing revolves around healing and reviving, while the infiltrator doesn't revolve around his recon darts. They are useful, but we can still survive with everyone having one. If you had everyone able to revive people a decent amount of medics would switch to heavy or light assault and just use the secondary revive option, and you couldn't blame them a single bit. You are able to stay alive easier with the heavy assaults shield and you still revive your allies. Many people carry recovery/medkits as is, so the fact they can't actually heal their team isn't as gigantic of a deal as you think. This also would make two things that step on the medics feet now that I think about.
  17. whitupiggu

So what do infiltrators do to help that only they can do besides spam recon darts? Hack the turrets that are already destroyed? Hack the terminals SOE has already removed? Kill people? Last I checked everyone can kill people.
  18. MajiinBuu

Crossbows would be more of a solo-stealthy weapon, and the recon darts would be great for classes other than infiltrators.
    Now hear me out-- here's sort of an analogy: Crossbow darts would be like proximity radar, while infiltrator darts are like scout radar. The crossbow darts could only detect enemies for whoever fired it, like proximity radar. Scout radar detects enemies for all allies in the area, like infil's recon darts.
    That would mean it wouldn't be very helpful for team-play, but I think it's better than reducing the range and limiting it to one class.
    • Up x 3
  19. Plague Rat

Just tested these out on the PTS. They only have a detection radius of 10m with ~3 seconds between scanning pulses.

I'll keep my darts.
    • Up x 1
  20. Raraldor

They still have their cloak, which is useful in many ways. You can bypass enemy armor, get to the backdoor of a base easier, and also lie in wait for a few people to turn a corner and let fly with it's SMG. We also have our snipers, which no one else has access to, and our recon darts will still most likely be better than the crossbow bolts by leaps and bounds. We also still have the motion sensors, as well as a cloak that stacks with nanoweave resistance to make us soak up a decent amount of bullets.

The medic still has it's revive tool yes, but giving someone the ability to revive is in and of itself such a blow to the medic that there really isn't that much extra to the class. Again these are all my opinions.

Wow, that isn't even enough to cover a point room before the enemy is literally right on top of you. If they're going to have it in, at least make it a useful radius.