EU Server Issues

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Dramonicous

Finally they do something about this...
    I have been having massive lagspikes and disconnects the passed 10 days, add maintenance and patch downtimes to that and you get very little playtime.
    When the disconnects were at its worst then they would come every 2-5 min.
  2. Stanis

Another round of login issues for Miller now - primetime at the weekend.
    Can we get an update on causes and timeframe for a solution.

Anytime the game is popular right now we're getting punished and I can hear the VS frustration of alliance comms.
  3. Fotosynthese

Now miller got the infinite log in screen again... :mad:
  4. Zaknaf3in

Same on Woodman.
  5. OldMaster80

Thanks. Guess what would help? Next time you have to play your tricks inform people BEFORE to lock login. Holy hell I've been wasting 40 minutes trying to pass the character selection screen!!!!
  6. ST0NEBRIDGE

Yea Miller's playing up again, stuck on character login screen.

Just a heads up
  7. MrK

Years to log in.
    "You got disconnected" 5 minutes after finally entering.

Joke of a game, SOE
  8. MrK

Re-logged in after 15 minutes.... game crashed after 10 of gameplay....

"Joke of a game, SOE"
    And that's an understatement
  9. GlueHead

Took me 50 minutes logging in on Ceres - today. And others in my outfit had the same problem..
  10. Elahhez

I am not having the disconnect issues anymore, but still takes a good while to log in,

the two at the same time was just too much, effectively making you spend more time logging in than playing, it appears some still have both these problems :(
  11. SidCom

- no server crash (miller) during the weekend. played around 20 hours at prime time

- client crash after about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. I measured the used RAM on my PC. I slighly increases mem usage from 2.8 (start PS2) to 4.5 GB during playing. Then it crashes without error screen. PS2 config settings all ultra, except shadow (low)
    RIG: i5 3570k, 8GB RAM, SSD, AMD R9 290 Windforce@73degrees (during gaming)

- login issues on Miller. Sometime it takes 10-15 min to login at prime time (after char selection screen)
    Connery is fine. Can login without any problem within a few seconds. Sometimes when i use then my alt char on connery i just get disconnected after 10-15 min with the error, that i am logged in double. That happend when i tried to unsuccessful login to Miller before i change to connery.

I think with the client crash problem i can live for some time, it reminds me to make a break.
    The login problem i an big issue. When i am in a platoon i loose connection to my squad because it takes to long to relogin.
  12. ncDieseL

Drop your texture settings down to High from Ultra. I did this and now I rarely get a client crash. I've had sessions of 4+ hours.

Also, why are you running shadows on Low?
  13. Bvenged

14. Botji

I also have that, pretty sure its from back in beta/before any kind of optimization was done when you got a notable difference in FPS since the shadows affect CPU too and when you are CPU bound with 40-50fps getting some extra by lowering shadows was a good thing.

This actually made me want to try out pulling up my settings again and see if its playable like that!
  15. SidCom

1: I dont want to drop settings- I have an reasonable PC and i like it when all looks shiny. Its a better immersion..

2: Shadow: sometimes a shadow reveals an LA on a roof or an enemy behind a corner. Well, not often, but PS2 just looks better with shadow (see point 1:, immersion)
    I capped framerate at 70 fps @full hd (120HZ Monitor) in the PS2 config. This is stabil all over the place. In AMP/Biolab 48+ fights framerate drops to 55-60 with shadows, without shadow i have abt. 60-65. So only 5 fps difference.
    The funny thing is that in such big fights the GPU usage drops from 80 to 55% and CPU usage increases from 40% to 80% Seems the framerate is mostly capped by CPU/RAM velocity.

After some of this countless updates this problem comes up with the client crashes. Even before the OMFG the textures where much more luscious, even in the distance.
  16. ncDieseL

Sorry, can you clarify what setting you have shadows on, I though you said Low? Which is why I'm perplexed that you would run everything on Ultra, but run shadows on Low?

As for the texture settings, I'm the same, I want everything on Ultra because I have the hardware to run it. However, with the recent login problems on Miller (EU) crashing out can be quite costly, because you might not get back in to the game for the next few hours, so I dropped my texture settings down a notch.

When they release the 64-bit client we will be able to run texture on Ultra without a client crash, and they will most likely lock the 32-bit client only be able to run textures and other settings up to medium/high.
  17. RadarX

To update you guys on this, we are doing a quick EU server restart at 6 PM PT (3 AM CET) to add some debugging and help the team track down the issues you've all been reporting. Thanks for sticking with us.
    • Up x 3
  18. iPlague

You better make a thread about it, or some Americans will cry
  19. Frostbitten

I don't know if it's reported/linked with this but sometimes I have 2-3 second lag in accessing terminals or deploying vehicles. Literally have to spam deploy/access key. Cobalt server. Pings are in low 30's.
  20. kadney

Why would american people play on EU servers?