EU Server Issues

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Raxxyl Ryan "Raxxyl" Wells

Folks,

Just a note that we're doing some work on the EU servers to try to narrow down some of the recent issues we've had. Unfortunately, the only way to narrow it down this particular issue is by running some tests on live servers.

At this very moment, we're temporarily locking logging in to Miller to try to relieve an issue and prevent a crash. We'll be unlocking as soon as we can -- hoping less than an hour.

As for the other issues with the servers, it should be a lot more stable due to some of the changes we've already made, but there's more work to be done and it's our top priority.

We'll keep you all apprised and appreciate your patience.

-Raxxyl
    • Up x 6
  2. tomme

haha man.. every time I try to play the server is offline for some reason
    • Up x 3
  3. Lytharion

A shame it has to be locked, but thanks.
  4. Stevenmadcap

Why is Miller locked anyone
  5. Stevenmadcap

ok just red lol trying to fix problem before there is one THAT'S FUNNY
  6. Phukkitt

Sooooo...... Does this mean that next time the game crashes we won't be able to log back in? And why only Miller? And why during prime time on a friday?
    • Up x 1
  7. kadney

Anyone else having problems getting on Cobalt?
    Got in, just took a few minutes.:)

Edit: It takes around 5-10 Minutes to connect to the Loginserver. :confused:
  8. Shoe

Yes. I crashed a minute or so after the lock and now I can't get back in.

Bah. After server stability could we please get a bit of work on game stability?

As for "Why on a Friday prime time" I'm guessing it is a population thing: someone posted pop graphs showing that the server throws a fit once the pop hits a certain level. They're probably locking it to stop it getting that high before they can find the fix.
  9. Tron20

Howcome this is only an issue on EU servers? Is it an issue with the number of gamers trying to play on Miller? Why is it the other EU servers seem to be up and coping?
  10. Kaiaiaia

The just finished lunch at the US West Coast so it is logical to do it now and screw the EU playerbase ;), EU is just a 2nd class playergroup.
  11. SirJMD

Ceres runs like crap too...... I think it's great that you make patches and solve issues, but damn there's a ton of down time - and I guess we won't get compensated in any way at all, right?
  12. ManMelter

Ceres - LoginSide2
  13. Phattie

Friday night. European prime time. Main server goes down. Serious-*******-ly?

I pay a subscription and have for over a year now, when do I start getting refunds? It aint free to play for me!
  14. Nibs X

SOE please send a broadcast message to ALL servers when Miller is back back so that those of us that have hopped to another server know that our home is back :)
  15. IzeMan

Good Job SoE.....

You got to love ******* with EU players, again and again.....
  16. Locke

So when are we going to start getting something credited back to us for money lost on boosts and membership? I'm glad you are trying to fix the problem but this is getting pretty crazy how much prime time is being missed.
  17. Arod

18. SShocK

• Up x 1
  19. Nash

Then why.. for the love of god, is thursday your patchday? Why not monday where alot less ppl actually play?
    There's ALWAYS an issue after a patch and with thursday being the patchday, this issue always comes up either on thursday or friday... the main playing time.

Sorry, but this is just re-tar-ded. Doesnt make any sense at all. Most other MMO companies are able to do it.. why not SoE?

Why not? Answer me that...
    • Up x 4
  20. DoubleBill

Testing Eu server on friday evening: pretty good idea !!!!
    Hey, guys: it's 22:00 here ! We're all playing during the fist evening of the week-end !
    Why don't you do this at nIght ? I mean OUR night. :mad:
    • Up x 2