Enough is Enough Higgles - We need the magrider buff NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BeefJerky, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Chris Bingley

Oh, I so have to disagree with you. 1vs1 is where the Magrider shines, it's the larger battles where it suffers due to having to turn the entire tank to aim.

However, you're sort of right when you talk about balance, but only if you look at the tanks being fully certed out. If you're looking at stock MBTs then the Vanguard falls short by a long way.
  2. Chris Bingley

First off, this is not an argument, just an observation.

I'll be honest, I haven't checked the actual reload numbers, I'm going complete on the feel of the thing. It did feel faster than the number shown. As I said, it felt more in line with the Prowler's reload time, which is why I asked if it had been nerfed (as I haven't played VS in a couple of months, I've only logged in to get my passive cert).
  3. Halon

You would have to be lucky enough to get close enough that the strafe would keep up with the vanguards turn rate, which from VR just now seems like point blank or bust, and without stealth certed you would automatically show up on their radar some distance out. The vanguard would also have to be overextended and alone for it to be anything but a suicide run.

I agree these things happen and can be done. I just think this is an exception rather than the norm. And with the possibility of AV harassers roaming around, being an isolated tank for any empire is getting to be seriously discouraged.
  4. Johari

So about 1/4 of these are vehicle kills. Would have been higher if my gunner hadn't been taking them.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Izriul

Yes.

You also don't seem to know what you're talking about. First, do you know what ADAD is? Judging by your post, no, and if you did, then you would know the magrider or anything with mass and momentum can not do it.

Hell, it's comments like this that don't help you either.

It's always been 3.75 for HEAT. But I guess you make arguments on "feelings" rather than facts.
  6. Halon

If it did it would have been a long time ago as I don't recall any changes to the tank cannons except the usual splash nerfs and HE reload nerfs.

The reload certs were changed from a flat % to fractions of seconds somewhat recently, now giving a half second reload bonus at max level.
  7. Halon

Which vehicles?
  8. Chris Bingley

I was talking about 1vs1 situations. In a group battle you'll die horribly due to having to turn the entire tank to aim, thereby exposing your weaker armour.

I think it's balanced, it's a rock, paper, lizard, scissors, Spock sort of balancing, but it is balanced.
  9. Nhilys

I don't want to sound rude but I checked your stats and you're not much of a tank driver.
  10. Halon

Calm down charlie brown. I'm sure Chris accepts my correction.
    • Up x 1
  11. Chris Bingley

I play all three factions (well I haven't played VS in the last 2 months as their infantry weapons suck) and the I believe that the Vanguard is the MBT that needs changes, and even then it just needs some small tweaks so that it's competitive from stock against stock MBTs from the VS and TR. Once all three MBTs are certed out they're extremely well balanced.
  12. Phrygen

oh?

what stat led you to that decision specifically?
  13. Nhilys

Low number of vehicle kills, it's hard to judge tank balance when you're mostly farming infantry.
  14. Johari

The NC were attacking Eisa so it was mainly Sunderers and Harassers, followed by Lightnings with a few Vanguard who made it all the way from their warpgate.

I know I'm not but shouldn't that be a boon to the Magrider? That even someone who may not drive a tank too often can do that.

Edit: I see you're point now in regards to tank on tank warfare. I still find myself most comfortable in a Mag for any 1v1 tank situation.
    • Up x 1
  15. Chris Bingley

I believe they should be balanced as stock (which they aren't) and fully certed (which they are). Anything in between cannot be balanced as you cannot determine in what order people are going to purchase upgrades. At the moment the stock Vanguard needs some small tweaks to make it competitive. Other than that they're fine as they are.
  16. Phrygen

it appears he uses the HE cannon though, which was a very common set up with the magrider and many players invested in early. Though it is no longer very practical in my opinion, per nerf mag HE and pre nerf Saron was a nightmare tank from the darkest depths of the abyss.

My point is, judging a tank driver harshly when said tank driver doesn't have many vehicle kills, but chooses to use HE rounds, isn't really fair.

edit: i derped
  17. Nhilys

Maybe, but you should try doing the same with a prowler or a vanguard and I don't mean a stock one, seeing as you bothered to unlock the saron even though you don't drive magriders much. Judging when you only see one side can be hard.
  18. Nhilys

The supernova PC is the HEAT cannon, And pre nerf HE was a long, long time ago (I'm talking about the reload speed nerf)
  19. Phrygen

son of a... i read the wiki wrong when i checked it. You are correct.

still though, stats only tell so much.
  20. Halon