Enough is Enough Higgles - We need the magrider buff NOW

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BeefJerky, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Epic High Five

Why on earth would a TR/VS dump certs into their MBT when they've got such brutal empire specific harasser weapons? Why not be as durable as a tank while being as fast as a racer3 flash while being as deadly as a Vanguard main cannon? Why would you trade down?
  2. Van Dax

I seem to remember those being included when they nerfed the mag but of course I could be mistaken. The shield fix thing makes sense though as I remember that being quite recent.
  3. Ganelon

If you're referring to the (unintended) Mag nerf that accompanied those buffs, you're right. But the Magrider's in its pre-nerf state again (bar being able to get to ridiculous positions).

It's going to be hard to buff the Magrider without it becoming OP.
  4. Halon

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. Van Dax

I am 100% the nerfs were intended, there were some bugs that came with them but directly reducing strafe velocity and lowering hover height were definitely intentional.

I agree, balance is a tricky thing to achieve-most people think they can do better than the devs but it'll be a very delicate thing to fix.
  6. Joram

Question, how long do you live after doing this? because in my server tanks have infantry and other tanks support, if i magburn behind a tank i get like 5 rockets in the rear armor.
  7. ComradeHavoc

Vs out pop all on formside.
  8. Phazaar

Look, I went through a series of 'what the hell does the OP think 5 kills would prove', made exactly that point, and it was ignored... So now, /thread. Oh, and instead of 5 kills, you've got dozens, all using the magrider's unique abilities, all that wouldn't have been possible/as easy without them, and a more than fair amount on higher BR players too.

Let me ask you, what means the mag isn't balanced? Like, empirical evidence? Not anecdotes, and not 'it has lower dps', because it's obviously got some strengths others don't have. We don't have the data on how much weight to give to those strengths, and the quantity of strengths vs weaknesses is meaningless without this. So where's your evidence?

Oh, there is none? Fascinating. I guess you'll just have to post a video of 16 minutes of your Magrider usage where you get wtfpwned in tank vs tank every time... I think we're all wanting to see that video :D
  9. =TF2= RangerRick

A few things people often over look regarding the mag.

Ever time you bump something it spins you sideways.
    You cannot kill most infantry with a direct hit (VPC FPC), requiring two shots with an eternity for reload.
    It is very slow even with RC3, it does not climb better or faster than any other mbt
    The magburner is inconsistent, it works sometime, sometimes not.
    Currently, it is very difficult to run someone over.
    It's TTK anything is the worst in the game for mbts, and op harrassers.

I miss the beta mag and the ps1 mag even more.

In PS 1 the VS had the mag as its featured "op" asset. what does it have now?
  10. S0LAR15

Female infiltrator booty.
    Natural night camo.
    All round selection of LMGs.
    ZOE is better than the other MAX abilities vs noobs.
    New sounds are death ray lasers of doom.