Emerald's Rock Bottom

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CorporalClegg, Oct 7, 2014.

1. vsae

Guild wars 1 had perfect balance system where nothing countered nothing. It was all a matter of combination of what you put in skillbar and how you play.
  2. Negator

please stop using 'try-hard' to describe people who are cool with being slightly more then terrible.
    • Up x 4
  3. Negator

"Good at the game" is the proper definition of those people. "Try hard" implies you are the norm here, and you are not.
  4. Xasapis

Don't be so sure about that. The people with a true positive K/D ratio is probably less than a third of the player base. The people over 2 are not even 1%.
  5. LibertyRevolution

Actually, if you look at the average players stats, I am the norm...
  6. NightEngine

Explain to me why we don't 'want to'. Thinking that we're refusing to win is illogical.

Sure, it's defeatist, but that's what happens when you can't win. You get discouraged. Demoralized.

There are far too many elements standing between us and 'getting it together'. Take the NC as an example. Command chat is a joke. No one uses it except to insult one another. Countless times I've been leading squads or a platoon, I always try to use command chat, and either nobody responds or I'm told I don't know how to play for any variety of reasons. And the people who say these things offer nothing resembling constructive thought. Even if NC command chat was better than useless, if we concentrate forces too much then we'll lose anyway, and we would have to in order to engage in redeployside. Which brings me to my next point: NC doesn't seem to have a single outfit that can deploy multiple platoons except on certain occasions. I'm not a spokesman for PHX or anything but we usually have enough for one full platoon and a second partial one. That's not enough to counter VS redeploy whack-a-mole.

Calling VS OP is ridiculous, it's not true, and I agree with that, and calling them unbeatable is likewise. But they are better organized and they do redeploy with large numbers. It's just not fun to play against. Fun is the important keyword.

NC doesn't seem to find alerts fun and I know we don't find fighting the VS fun.
    • Up x 2
  7. Negator

i chose the wrong words for that. You are looking down on people for playing well, implying they are putting way too much effort into their gameplay by calling them tryhards. This is silly.
    • Up x 1
  8. ajma

If you reduce it to a twentieth of what it is now, it will act as a deterrent and not actually kill tanks at a distance, unless you have a huge amount of people focusing fire on one vehicle.
  9. Thurwell

The NC are Emerald on hilarious. Last night they were in /yell chat complaining about the VS overpop. I checked the global pops, 32/33/33. The TR had just won the Hossin Alert with 50% territory control.

Right now it's...35/31/34. So the TR could complain, but the NC need to shut up and learn to play.
    • Up x 3
  10. Shatteredstar

Last night was weird I was running on my vanu toon and the group I was with was LOOKING for places where the population in the base area was about what we had. Once base we rolled up to had even pop immediately after we got there (had no vanu pop before that and was up northward on american away from the TR fight.

Suddenly all the NC disappeared out of the area leaving like no one. Happened several times.

And a few times when we just decided to roll on to the next base we got hit with 2x pop crush in several cases. And this was with amerish being relativly even populations on all factions (the tr fight was so a stalemate too).

Playing on my NC toon a bit earlier also we kept getting wrecked by TR redeploy masses also.

So I don't think any group really has the monopoly on mega Zerg redeploys at least from my experiences playing and it certainly seemed more like the NC there were going "must be a Zerg quick leave!" Without even actually looking at percentages. We got a few with a slight NC over pop as well when they stayed and fought)
  11. Goldmonk

So the fact that I use the sniper rifle correctly makes me a tryhard? I'm sorry that I sit out at 300+ meters instead of running through the base like an idiot trying to use my RAMS like a shotgun. Headshots are meant to be rewarding, it takes skill to hit something the size of a ripe melon. What do you think would happen if we made an implement that made a head shot do leg shot damage. "Oh you shot him in the head five times and he killed you. Oh well he has Reinforced Helmet, so he's okay. Try again next time, herp derp." That would anger so many veteran player, including myself.
  12. LibertyRevolution

Oh well??
    How you think that guy shooting you in the face with a decimator feels when you laugh it off and wreck him because flak armor.
    If it is ok for one thing, then there should be a counter for everything.
  13. Goldmonk

Honestly, I've had to deal with people with flak armor since they trip my claymores. There are three ways it will turn out after that: 1) you trip my other claymore (which will kill you), 2) I cloak, wait for you to look for my position, and shoot you with my AMP (which will kill you), or 3) you find me, kill me, and move on. Either way, the killer moves on and the killed shouldn't complain because he got beat. Even if they do implement a Reinforced Helmet, a head shot should at least do body shot damage or maybe a little bit more. A leg shot with a sniper barely takes down the shield. That's two shots with my RAMS, which I might add is a bolt-action rifle. With the time it takes to pull back the bolt, an experienced player has plenty of time to hide.
  14. OminousZ

Dude..come on...every single player in Planetside 2 redeploys to spots in need of defense or attacking. That what the redeploy feature is for. That's called re-enforcements. So, you mean to tell me that you NEVER redeployed anywhere? It's part of the game...it's part of the strategy...
  15. Gammit

What he/she mentioned may actually be an interesting possible armor side-grade. Thicker helmet to protect a bit from headshots, but at the expense of much lower body armor.
  16. Schizomatic

Would go better with the NC if their supposedly OP MAXes didn't sit behind cover during critical firefights sucking their thumbs.
  17. ParadoxPancake

This entire thread makes me shake my head. The VS on Waterson, now Emerald, dealt with constant underpop against NC for quite a few months. In order to compete during alerts, our outfits HAD to get coordinated and there were instances where we'd win. However, there would be bases that we just wouldn't be able to hold because the NC would typically vastly outpop us and just steamroll with numbers. Now that the steamroll tactic no longer works because VS has both the numbers AND previous coordination to repel it with the server merge, people are complaining.

I even predicted that the VS would dominate after the server merge. It's not even that I'm trying to be cocky, it's just that our coordinated outfits know each other, we still regularly practice with one another, and we train our members (at least in D3RP) on tactics while having a good time. Yeah, PPA is annoying, but it's just being used as a scapegoat as to why people are losing because egos prevent people from admitting that they got outplayed.

I've seen the VS, with coordination, take and hold the Eisa Tech Plant point against 2:1 odds. That tells me it has jack squat to do with our weaponry, but rather that people just want to lone wolf it or throw bodies at a point until they succeed. Sorry, it doesn't work on us. We learned how to deal with it by practicing/fighting against PHX for as long as we have and now we have practice against the larger AoD and we've learned what they do as well. Yes, we even discuss common tactics for outfits to the point where during D3RP's organized operations, we literally say: "Okay, it's AoD. Expect massive amounts of sunderer overlap behind every rock and hide spot, start doing Galaxy C4 drops." Or: "It's TIW, bunker down, play defensively and let them come to you. Also, cry a little bit on the inside."

I've seen CoOp even come along and completely obliterate against massive odds as well and TR has been suffering from underpop against NC and VS on Waterson/Emerald for even longer. So, the point is: Coordinate, practice, communicate.
    • Up x 3
  18. 7 Drunk Midgets

You want skill nerfed? Am I reading this right? I mean, you were the one who said that AP rounds shouldn't OHK infantry, but I really didn't expect this. If your head catches one of my RAMS bullets, two of the following situations happened:

1. You were standing still, therefore you were asking for it.
    Conclusion: Cry more.

2. I outplayed you with superior aim, despite your ADAD dance.
    Conclusion: Cry more.

But no, you want something that punishes skilled players and that holds your hand when you make a mistake. Keep moving, and 90% of snipers won't hit you. The 10% that do deserved it.
  19. The Rogue Wolf

I've been thinking like that, logging into the most underpopped faction and facing the overpopped one, which is always VS. And you know what? I'm sick of it. I'm ready to quit. Right now I'd give away that six-month Heroic boost that's been gathering dust in my inventory if I could because I can't play this game for more than a few hours without just getting fed up with it all and walking away for a couple weeks.

And it seems to me that this is what a lot of VS players want. They want to "win", to drive other players away from the game. So many VS players saying "get good" when they've got the numbers and power advantage; I don't believe that many of them are swapping to bolster the underpopped factions, because then how do you farm certs?

SOE's got to do something at some point (because quite frankly I don't expect the playerbase to) before this game becomes Purpleside 2.
  20. FireclawX

^This, this, and more of this.

It's not about VS being "MLG" or "Tryhard"
    It's that VS is VASTLY more organized than TR or NC. (at least on emerald)

When it comes to large coordinated outfits, VS has multiple, TR/NC have like 1 or 2.
    All the other coordinated outfits are pretty small.

Because of this, you guys feel like you're constantly getting zerged. Not because you have less pop, but rather because you fail to use your pop effectively.

TL;DR: Get organized. Do inter-outfit ops. Make sure that as a squad/platoon leader, you know the leaders of other outfits by name. Create healthy relationships instead of insulting each other like 5 year olds in command chat.
    • Up x 1