[Suggestion] Do not give the VS MAX ability that is currently on the Test Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Apr 9, 2013.

1. EvilPhd

A better way to implement that would to have a lower firing rate.
    Stronger hits, slower fire. By decreasing the health of the MAX.....just doesn't make it so MAX any more.
    This should get attention in the test server discussion too. OP would be wise to repost over there
  2. MaxDamage

LET THEM HAVE JUMPJETS. FGS.
    • Up x 2
  3. Prodigal

I cant be arsed to explain basic principles of logic argumentation on some random guy on the internet.
  4. bNy_

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  5. MilitiaMan

Is the NC Shield like PS1 where it disables when you fire?
  6. Metalsheep

I don't see what would be so bad about giving the VS MAX jumpjets back again. Most LA's carry C4 anyway and would wreck MAX suits up in their territory.

With how squishy MAX suits still are to regular bullets, the ZOE Module seems like it would **** the MAX more than help it. Maybe instead of upping damage and lowering armor, it could lower damage (By a small amount, not a huge increase in shots to kill or ttk) and up the MAX suits mobility/strafe speed. Mobility and utility seem to be Vanus trait, if the MAX needs to move fast, it can at the cost of damage, or it could slow itself down to deal full damage again when mobility isnt necessary.

And to those talking about the NC Shield, if it works anything like Planetside 1's NC MAX, the shield will lower when the MAX is shooting, and go back up a few seconds after the MAX is done firing. But will only absorb so much damage before failing.

Lockdown is lockdown. Will be awesome for Burster and Pounder MAX suits, not as great vs infantry.
  7. NUKABAZOOKA

Higby confirmed this on Reddit, you cannot fire while behind the shield.
    • Up x 1
  8. MilitiaMan

That's fine then, a shield like HA would be very OP. So this will be used for retreat and charging, nice meta game there.
  9. Lucidius134

Both Wrong
  10. Obscura

Good job SOE, you don't want the VS maxes being viable in any way so you trash the jetpack idea and give us a powerup that turns us into jelly. Jesus christ, these ideas they're coming up with are all turning out to be mediocre piles of crap that they throw towards the nearest wall to see if it sticks. THESE ARE TERRIBLE IDEAS SOE
  11. Roxputin

INB4 TK and up-voting for not having to read a wall of text.
  12. phreec

So...

TR gets to root themselves to the floor, making them sitting ducks but increasing their damage output. Great for AA/guarding doors from across the room with Mercy's...
    VS gets an ability that's probably too risky to use in head-on battles, but unlike TR remain their mobility for increased damage output. Great for shooting people in the back and off-guard vehicles.
    NC gets some oopsy daisy too many HA's in this room, better backpaddle back out ability with no damage increase? Great for sucking up the initial HA rockets and retreating, I guess.
    If those damage increases work with Bursters then GG, SOE...
  13. DayBreak998

14. DayBreak998

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...w-why-vs-is-underpowered-all-the-time.114847/
  15. SinerAthin

I switch between the Cosmos and the Nebula, depending on the situation (LR&CQC).

Sigh... might as well spray and pray on my LMG HA and still hit with more shots.
  16. Izriul

And giving us a sandbox with **** in it is never good either.
  17. Phazaar

Hilarity ensues... 'Pretty' meaning, 'almost as, but not quite', I'd say the Cosmos sits right behind the Mercy in both regards. Thanks for playing though.
  18. Bloodskull

I have to agree. NC and TR abilities sound awesome.

The VS ability....wow...not so much. At all.
  19. Bloodskull

People like this would probably be happy if NC didn't even have a MAX anymore.
  20. Bape

Don't blame the devs VS was constantly crying they don't do enough damage and it the ****tiest max well now look what you get MORE DAMAGE :rolleyes: don't wanna sound like a ****** but blame the whiners dude.

Ill gladly trade shield for more damage :D imagine hacksaw with insane damage LOL!!!!