[Suggestion] Do not give the VS MAX ability that is currently on the Test Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Apr 9, 2013.

1. StormFrog

Some people genuinely believe in developer bias. It deserves to be mocked ruthlessly.
  2. SpcFarlen

Negative. Played NC exclusively through beta and for the first few months after launch with the wonder men and woman over at Strumgrenadier, NC outfit on Mattherson.

The problem i have is then when you clearly make a mechanic to have a downside then dont apply to all but one of the factions. The same is true if they released a weapon that is good at both long range and close range.

Has nothing to do with faction loyalty, has everything to do with fair and honest gameplay mechanics.
  3. Tanelorn

JUMP JETS!!! They were not OP in PS1. They served to differentiate VS from the other factions.
  4. Brutal

I've never played ps1 but jump jets wouldn't be useful i think,what they should give us is the ability to hover like the magrider and increase our speed and accuracy so we can circle strafe everyone at high speeds and lol.
  5. SpcFarlen

Apparently to the development team they are.

Ski ability in like every Mech anime/game? I could see it.
  6. Prodigal

I'm going to put this in my sig right away.
  7. MikeJCMindhunt

I cant wait for this module,
    the combination of dualbursting + ZOE....

Can u even imagine the drama from the ESF pilots?
  8. Frosty The Pyro

The NC one also looks like the only one to be on a legitimate timer, the ability to go in and out at will for an unlimited duration is an advantage in and off itself. 100% uptime vs what is likely a maximum of 17% uptime (taking maxed out van sheild as a reference) makes a difference.

Also do we know if NC can shoot during the sheild, and weather the sheild is invulnerability for x time or has a set health like vanguard sheild?

As for the ZOE, thats a damn fine ability. Its berserk, a classic and powerful ability. Complaining its not very vanu like, sure I can sorta see that, but thinking its bad? The best play style is the one were you shoot people when they arent shooting back, having better alpha helps ensure they die before they can shoot back. Zealot Overdrive does this.

though the VS are basicly religous fanatics who benifit from effective imortality due to technoligy scavanged from the aliens they worship so it fits their lore even if it doesnt quite fit their playstyle.
  9. MorteDeAmgelis

So VS and TR get a way to improve burster damage? yay **** the Reaver even more why don't you!
  10. MasterTater

Well you refused to accept a scattermax rebalance for 4 month now - and now you dare to scream about everything which the other factions get - you get a defence shield with NO DRAW BACKS and now scream like a lil bytch that TR/VS(while VS is not even clear) get lil dmg or RoF increase while being highly vulnerable?

Nice trolling dude.
  11. MorteDeAmgelis

I never said anything about Scat Max. In fact I constantly said within my outfit that the Hack Max was too good vs Maxes, but they all said "No its fine cause their shotguns". Do not asume that every NC wanted the Hcak Max to stay, and just because oen faction got one thing that was OP doesn't that the other factions get some sort of "Right" to be OP.

"Defensive Shield with no Drawbacks"
    Expect its most likely to be on a timer with a set damage limit over being able to you use it when you dam well please. Did I also mention that you can't use Weapons while the shield is active right?
    So thats two maybe three drawbacks. Bursters are already good vs air and the lockdown and the VS ability are most likley to screw over air even quicker and **** the balance even more.
    TR already dominate the skies with their Mossies and Srikers and they will just screw air even more with faster firing Bursters.

So sorry if I am worried for air on the NC side as they are NOT getting ANYTHING to increase their AA capability when the other are. Unless ALL NC GROUND VEHICLES get a bonus resistance to air. I don't care much for the AI or the AT of maxes more of the AA and the new AOE Weapons. Can you image VS maxes activating the ZOE Module and then SPAMMING GRENADE IN EVERYDOOR. Grendaes with increased damage without even needing to be in LOS? While the TR can just spam grenades at a quicker pace? It will just be a grenade war where only Maxes and Max lvl Flak Infantry can survive. And NC get a Shield thats most likely to have a damage limit and be on a ******* CD. yay, won't stop the hordes of nades will it though?

Also how will this ZOE Module compare with the Flamer? Will it just make it better then the Shotties? So now you will have NC and VS being able to kill stuff really quick at close range. Do you REALLY want that? Where stupid high damage nades and stupid high damage flamers dominated bio labs?
    The ZOE Module does seem that it would be on a Timer / Cool down like the shield though making the TR Max a spamming nade monster. yay, cause we need more ******* grenades in close quaters.
    If these abilites are going to be added with Max Noobtubes with unlimited nades it will ruin Bio Labs.
  12. MisterBond

ZOE module is -OP AS HELL-

Waterson an entire platoon of VS maxs with it is dominating the entire freaking map, and I mean -DOMINATING- the entire freaking map

Anything pops up, all the max's down it in an INSTANT

How the HELL can you put an ability in the game where you do 30% more damage but ONLY take 15% more damage?! How the hell is this even balanced?!
  13. Zan_Aus

Deliberate malevolent bias yes; incompetence, stubbornness or innocent blindness to critical flaws, maybe.
  14. Van Dax

I still really want mah jump jets
  15. ({x})Kyoji

Another terrible idea from the PS2 devs. Nothing new here.
  16. Purg

A whole platoon of any MAX will tend to do that.
  17. Hagestol

Indeed. Just because we're fabulous and he is envious doesn't mean we're op ;)
  18. Xasapis

I agree with you. That's why Zoe doesn't work like that at all :)
    • Up x 1
  19. Sian

A whole platoon of max will tend to do that, as many have said. How do you counter a platoon of ZOE maxes? The same way you counter any platoon of maxes. (I honestly don't know how but I'd like to think it involves running them all over with tanks)
    And how is it balanced? I Don't know, how about by being OBVIOUS AS AS A VEGAS SHOW STUFFED TO THE GILLS WITH FIREWORKS.

ZOE maxes can be seen from ORBIT, and all their fire can be traced directly back to the origin.
  20. Bankrotas

Drifter jets LA's raining C4 from galaxies at flight ceiling.