Discussion: Game Update 1 Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archaegeo, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Goomba

The only AA rocket launcher that I remember being able to dumb fire had a single rocket and was in Call of Duty.
  2. tweeter

45 ******* rounds in an LMG when we already have the gd-22s with 50 why cant nc get some goddamn diversity in weapons systems. these are machine guns not assault rifles SOE.
  3. Metsuro

They fly away, land, repair, restock missiles. Come back. Deterring them would make them not want to come back. All it does right now is just slows them down.
  4. Goomba

Wait for them to get close and lock on? It's the same way you get kills with flak, the range is so they can't get away as easily. The entire power of infantry is that you're small and hard to spot (and cull like mad). It's a pretty big buff.
    • Up x 1
  5. Vibe

No infantry render distance fix? :( :( :(
  6. Xarx

If the Sunderer is placed in the vehicle bay, like many are. There's an angle that you can take which will allow you to fire in between the shield and the walkway. Extremely easy way to farm kills assuming you have tanks keeping the walkways clear.
  7. FightingFirst

Is this not the patch that fixes the render distance? Must have read Smeds update wrong, anyone know when the render distance patch is coming?
    FF
  8. PlayerOneSVK

rendering distance of players is solver or not ? pm me thx...

-look at my signature if you dont understand about what i am talking.
  9. Ipecac

For my interest, what bugs do you find with the Trac-5 S?
  10. badname02

Half of the people in this thread need to learn to read o_O Seriously.

I've read ''no changes to flak armor!!'' ''No changes to NC!'' etc etc bla bla bla well I've only skimmed through the notes and I saw mentioned:

Several NC bug fixes, a GAUSS SAW buff several TR NERFS and Flak Armor buffs... o_O
  11. Ipecac

Please point out the flak armor buff? I don't mean this in a rude way, I genuinely could not find it.
  12. NasaRulz

"Extended ammunition attachments will no longer provide more ammunition capability than intended. They all will now provide 4 more rounds."

SOE... I want my certs back then... I didn't spend all those certs to get an extra 4 damn bullets! FFS!!!
  13. tweeter

wheres this gauss saw buff i seen increased to all slower lmgs ars and carbines and the buff to the nc gauss and gauss s but no mention of the nc6 gauss saw. not that it matters i've got way to many certs in my em6 to switch now unless its ungodly good now. not to mention the one buff i did list isn't that big of one as our weapons are that bad from the irons or scopes but blow chunks from the hip which hasnt been changed or reported changed in the patch notes.
  14. Flarestar

Right, that's why I keep saying properly placed. Putting a Sunderer in the center vehicle bay is not properly placing it. Although I will admit I appreciate defenders that do it, since my Lib gunner basically turns into a cert ATM.
  15. Monnor

Horns are now available for the Sunderer and Flash!

16. Goomba

The SAW is tied for the slowest firing automatic gun in the game and it's the slowest LMG; I think it's covered.
  17. tweeter

more lmgs than the gauss fire slow and retain their accuracy from the hip. so its hardly a guass buff its a Slow LMG buff.
  18. MistaN

It's mentioned here indirectly:
    • Fixed a few crash bugs and provided some optimizations to improve gameplay
    • Up x 1
  19. Metsuro

Gauss and Gauss S can refer to either the carbines, assault rifles, or the LMG. As all three have Gauss (X), or Gauss (X) S variants. So unless all 6 of these got the change it wasn't specific. If it was the LMG they gave our already long range ones better range?

I'm assuming they are for the AR.
  20. Flarestar

It's been explained like thirty times now in other threads, by pilots even, why the extended range is not a buff in anything but name, and in practice is more of a nerf. Never mind that the extended range apparently (according to patch notes) isn't even getting put in.