Discussion: Game Update 1 Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archaegeo, Dec 12, 2012.

1. xboxerdude

This wtf was this change, did anyone even ask for it or do you just pull **** out of your *** at SOE what the **** smedly i spent 1000 certs and now you do this ******* **** ........ I got ****** so hard by this patch, wasted 1400 sc buying rocket launchers i dont even want now that you changed the **** and you ****** me on something i dropped 1000 certs into..... **** this game im gonna just snowboard this winter yalll have fun with this cluster ****
    • Up x 1
  2. oste

Thats not an update, thats just nerfing... The lock-on weapons are useless now.
  3. Nehlis

A Lock on weapon *GASP* NEEDS A LOCK ON?!
    You can dumbfire the original rocket launcher. The alternate weapons aren't supposed to be pure upgrades.
  4. MistaN

Yea that's in Jan.
    I think the big fps update is a huge reworking of their culling in the engine. I believe, as of right now, it's still radial-based and your client 'notices/acknowledges' all players within a certain radius of you, no matter the direction. They wanted to update this so it works with whatever you're facing.
  5. TheBloodEagle

Only the AV one is useless. AA is still useful.
  6. Liquid23

you seem upset... want to tell us about it?
  7. PrincessFrosty

The changes to HA AV rockets is completely unreasonable and I've put in a support ticket to have my SC refunded because of this, most of the rest of the changes I'm happy with although I'm not completely convinced that 5% buff in flak damage is sufficient to turn AA from a deterrent to effective AA which is able to actually score kills, only testing will tell us that, i suspect not...most ESF escape flak range with more than 5% health left.
  8. Wasdie

Smedly was saying it was a very large thing that would require a lot of internal QA and for us to have to download the whole client again. Must be a massive change to the engine that they decided not to implement in the last parts of the beta.
  9. Vreki

I think the biggest effect we will see is that the 4th Empire will jump ship when they hear rumours about TR being nerfed.
    And then the TR will be underpopulated and lose due to getting zerged, but the nerfing of the weapons will be blamed.

Personally I am more interested in the Decimator and the buff to the Skyguard, I cant wait to try them out.
  10. Wasdie

It's not unreasonable at all if the AV and AA launchers get the small buff they were intended to get (they could have made it into this patch, patch notes for this game has often been very incomplete). It's only a big disappointing if you paid to unlock them early.
  11. Shocklate

So the MCG not giving medals hasn't been fixed yet?
  12. EaterOfBabies

Regarding the infantry launchers and their capability to hurt air, I just don't get why the Devs won't look back to PS1 for inspiration. I felt the balance between infantry and air was good, and even better, the faction specific launchers were equally powerful in different ways against air.

TR - Striker = Fast firing with lock on but low damage.
    NC - Phoenix = Hard hitting and slow firing, and you steer the projectile yourself in first person view or dumbfire.
    VS - Lancer = Medium damage, precise aim, long range. Definitely took some getting used to but once you mastered it I would argue it became the most deadly.

I know they are working on empire-specific launchers so maybe there is hope. But this diversity really played well in PS1 and if implemented correctly in PS2 could help to balance out the infantry-air-ground equation.
    • Up x 1
  13. Patrician

Yes, that is a pretty good example of an effective defensive strategy....
  14. Kageru

I want it, I suspect many people on the single Australian server want it, and it doesn't allow anything you couldn't already do through making multiple *free* accounts (which can actually be logged in simultaneously if you have two machines).

Very glad to see it added.
  15. Kev006

The game is free to play, if people want to 4th empire bust your battle they can do it with another free account and not even have to log off their main character. This change does absolutely nothing
    • Up x 1
  16. dr_Fell

aim down the sights = look through the scope ? So didn't Gauss Compact S have this before and it was recommended as mid range weapon in some topics ?
  17. Wasdie

It's a farm that isn't fun. This is a video game first. It has to be fun. I know everybody here seems fixated on making sure their cert gain is the highest it can be, but this game needs to be about fun first and foremost. Watching the TR control a tech plan on indar for more than 24 hours and just farming it for tens of thousands of certs is not fun. It's a boring farm.
    • Up x 1
  18. Zild

Yes - it will get rid of the other ****-ups too.

So picture this: Fed up of lolpodding you purchase an AA missile launcher only to find that (1) ESFs can kill you before you lock (2) you need 3 hits to kill even the weakest air unit and (3) they can afterburn or chaff their way to safety (from you alone or a whole squad 's worth of fire).* But hey, at least it does not leave you entirely defenseless against tanks and infantry. Except now it does...

I would stop playing there, but I am learning valuable lessons in how to piss off your community.

* Don't get me started on the trial period. 20 minutes is nowhere near long enough to find the "just so" spot where an AA missile weapon might actually prove useful.
  19. Dkamanus

Just add the 24 hour cooldown between factions, if people are so preoccupied with spies and TKers.
  20. xboxerdude

O really, how about when u get ****** over on a 1000(like 12 hours of play time) certs and 1400 sc because some asswipe thinks he knows what the game needs while hes shoveling blow up his nose from all the SC sales.