Discussion: Game Update 1 Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archaegeo, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Vortok

Tech Plants may get rolled faster than Amp stations, though we'll have to wait and see.

That said they weren't really defenses so much as they were "hold that choke" as the majority of the time, once the attackers push inside and have that foothold they can usually push the rest of the way through the base moderately quickly.

I'd much rather have the defenses that have you scrambling to push that influence bar back up, only to be pushed off the cap and have it going back down. Some of the more enjoyable fights for me is when we're barely halfway to the enemy base and they have their forces there to stop us. Slowly pushing up from hill to hill creeping towards the base. Those are fun. Tech plants were hold the chokepoint cert farms. I was willing to see what kind of strategies could evolve to make offense (and then as an answer to those strategies defense as well) able to take them faster, but whatever. That can still happen anyway with any base.

Or that right after it shows a Burster MAX it flashes "DUTY"

I am disappointed that the Flak Armor suit buff isn't listed. Given the reports of unchanged launchers + removal from the notes means it's unlikely it got buffed and they merely forgot to list it. Sad times. With rank 3 (20%) I can still die from full health/shields to a random frag. Seems pretty pointless as is. Oh well, I only wasted 80 certs on rank 2 and 3 as I specifically held off on rank 4 to wait for the patch to hit.
    • Up x 1
  2. Archaegeo

Anyone have any feedback from actual play yet?
  3. Slydex

Game is crashing on launch after this patch. How to fix it?
    I use windows 8 but everything was good before update.
  4. DeadAlive99

That is freaking hilarious! LOL :D I nominate it for the best 'patch response one-liner' award!
  5. MexelVanMexelen

Yay! I win the internetz on 12/12/12!

TBH I didn't get the double-entendre until after I wrote it, but thanks anway bud!
  6. multifactionserver

the big change is multiple factions per server on the same account

prepare for complete abuse
  7. Vibe

Infantry render distance sure didn't look fixed to me, or did I miss something?
  8. Patrician

I'm sorry but I don't understand what it is you would like to see; big long lasting battles over bases like we had in PS and over Bio-labs and, pre-patch, at Tech-Plants in PS2, or quick easy captures like we have at all other bases in PS2 except Bio-Labs? Surely the whole point of playing PS2 is the big, long lasting battles? It doesn't matter or make a difference if those battles go in stages such as Gen1, Gen2, etc. or just as they used to be a Tech-Plants, one big battle; it's the battle that matters, and eventually, the capture.
  9. Tuco

Libs/rocketpods weren't nerfed enough. And I still don't see no cloaked AMS, PS1 style mines, motion detectors and spitfires.
  10. Fligsnurt

You want lasting battles over bases and outposts? Thats fine and I am all for that, but you need to petition for a change in capture mechanics first. FYI a base that takes excessive numbers and multiple hours to capture does not work with the current "influence" system in place. It isn't right that one base can be held for 24 hours when there is no connected territory at all, even more so when that base is the closest to the enemies warpgate. You want hard to take facilities, then get SOE to make changes to the capture and influence systems and put in a lattice like system. At least then it would make sense for key facilities to take forever to capture. As it stands Tech Plants were not functioning as intended (you can argue this if you like but the proof is in the pudding so to speak.) they were brought in line with the other bases and with the capture mechanics to be closer in regards to the other bases. They shouldn't be much easier though I will say that they will be predominantly armor based capture. Where as Amp Stations are a mix since half of the facility isn't reachable by vehicle due to the number of buildings and objects. And Biolabs are predominantly Infantry only.

As far as lock ons not having dumb fire, oh well move on. In regards to the sidegrade to upgrade remarks. The unlockable launchers are meant to be sidegrades. IE: They preform better in some areas over the default but aren't as versatile. This fact is relavent in almost every aspect of unlocks. The default weapons should be the "mediums" of all weapons you can get. (with exception to NC recon, starting with a bolt action puts them on one end of the spectrum) Same with armor, HEAT vs HE / AT, they are mediums. This doesnt fully work for ESFs or Libs though since the default lib gun is good but never in any way near as good as either unlock. It requires a whole different style of play that almost entirely needs a lack of AA opposition. Now the fact that the missle launchers lose the dumbfire makes sense, this doesn't make them an upgrade over the default ML in almost every aspect. Lock on range was increased which means that there is a longer "possible" range to acquire and fire. You don't have to use this range but you can. The dumb fire was being abused as a one stop shop style AV weapon. Yea a little less damage but with every HA using it, didnt matter.

As far as the effectiveness of the G2A missle. You aren't a one man army, if every other AA needs to team up to take down a single ESF then you do also. Where as the other AAs have sheer firepower (less bullets but more damage down range per second) you have a FIRE AND FORGET missle. Essentially this can be called a "skilless" AA weapon, but it isn't entirely. Because the air vehicles have flares or afterburners that allow them to get away, the flares are specifically designed for lock on missles, MEANING they have no effect on dumb fire projectiles. Afterburners and essentially changing your speed effect both lock ons and dumb fire weaponry. All in all G2A missles are better then they were, you supposedly lost dumb fire but this forces you to play the roll that your choosing, and with better lock on range your job as a DETERRENT is better. Its not so you can score kills, its a team support weapon, just like the AT launchers are. Deterrent doesn't mean scare away the air permanently, that would make you useless after 5 min, it means you have a G2A missle that you can launch at any pilot brave enough to come within range. This gives you the chance to score a hit, granted G2A should move a bit faster, but over all that pilot isn't going to sit around for long. You can even develop a tactic for this by sitting on the outside of the fight with your G2A and wait for pilots to blow ABs or Flares getting away from the centralized AA and then you can pick up the remains so to speak.
  11. OmasuAysar

Literally, and I mean LITERALLY do not care about anything they fixed, modified, tweaked or patched except for this line:

Fixed a few crash bugs and provided some optimizations to improve gameplay.

I would really love it if they elaborated on this a little more. It seems like the pretty girl setting you up on a date with her friend "who has a great personality" to me.
  12. DeadAlive99

Yeah, that's definitely the most important. And I can say from playing last night that it seemed that my fps had improved noticeably and also one of the many pesky engineer bugs seems to be fixed. Getting ready to test again now.