Devs aren't engaging with the community

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Javelin, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Twistdlester

It doesent matter how good they are at interaction if the game has constant issues that seem to get worse then better with each patch. Unfortunately people arent goingto play because they like the post from a Dev , they are goingto play because the game is good and functional. I'm glad the PS2 team responds to things in somewhat of a timely manner on the forums, but now its time to fix a game that has been plagued with issues since release, and only getting worse. I am afraid that there will be less and less people playing if this continues , which stinks becasue my server already has fewer than most ( connery ) .
  2. Pizlenut

I don't think they owe you a response. Its delayed because it took longer than anticipated.
  3. Forkyar24

no now they want to remove the prowler from game,they are reaching for stuff to complain about.
  4. LaRoaZ

If you actually think the devs dont post on the forums, you are just not looking in the right places. There is a page on the forums, on the one you are reading at this exact second, that links to a special page that shows only soe posts. There is also an RSS feed for those who cant be bothered to load up the forums. The reason they 'never post' is because you never bother to read their posts. On weekdays there are usually a good 20 posts in my tracker waiting for me to read.
  5. Spookydodger

Having worked on the other side of the fence, I can tell you that few things make you unproductive as having to explain every delay down to the specific reasons while trying to fix the specific things. Often things were so nuanced that they were indecipherable or so technical as to be dangerous to expose to the public. That left you with either very confusing and rushed responses without the history to put the problem in context, or a seemingly canned response of a very generic nature.

After the incident is dealt with, we would make an after-action report (I think we called it an autopsy or something equally terrible), but by then any producers above me (and in fact the public) didn't really care because the problem was fixed.

At the end of the day, all they cared was that the lesson was learned and the same problem didn't happen again.

Would it be nice to know what happened? Sure. Would most of us have a chance at remotely understanding what the problem was? No. At the end of the day, all a more detailed explanation does is help us know whether our devs are idiots or not. Honestly, though, it doesn't matter. All you can do is base your opinion on the product, not the producers. None of that extraneous information is going to be of any use to you because the only power you have resides in your wallet.