Devs aren't engaging with the community

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Javelin, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Javelin

Take a look at the SOE post tracker. You would be lucky to see more than 3 replies a day. If you could call them replies, usually they are just one sentence and say "please put this in another thread" or "post constructively".
    • Up x 1
  2. InZanity

post constructively
    • Up x 13
  3. Chinchy

Is it that part of the month again? Have we ALREADY ran out of things to complain about?
    • Up x 7
  4. Sharpe

"Devs aren't engaging with the community"

This is an uninspiring whine thread.
    Come on... Where's that "Nerf Prowler" spirit? Or the "Next shotgun is an obvious moneygrab, like the SMG's", or if you're unexperienced in the whining department go for an easy "This game is pointless".
    Come on guys, you can do better!

But seriously, the devs in this game are one of the most "engaged with the community" that I've ever seen.
    PR ploy or not.

Sadly, the game forums is pretty much the only place where it doesn't actually happen.
    • Up x 13
  5. Zaik

they don't use their forums, they use pretty much all the other ones though.

They've got a twitter kajigger up, but they still post on PSU, reddit, probably a dozen other places i've never heard of.
  6. Javelin

eh I'm just annoyed that the devs don't seem to be posting anything of substance, if at all. It would be nice to see a little more engagement and know what the devs think of our concerns as a community
  7. The Milk Man

Maybe they have something better to do such as develop the game. They aren't called forum moderators rofl xD
  8. Javelin

True, but many other online games have community liaisons that know a fair deal of what's going on in development and can relay the concerns/appreciation of the community back to the developers.
    • Up x 2
  9. sophont

After some of complaints that's been posted, probably.
  10. Higby Developer

We lurk a lot more than we post, but we're still paying attention.
    • Up x 30
  11. RadarX

Also please don't confuse a dev post (like above) versus one of my thread closures.
    • Up x 13
  12. Hades Serpent

Clearly, we need a dev lurk tracker. :p
    • Up x 16
  13. Eclipson

One of the best ways to get your questions answered I have found is to ask questions on their newest youtube videos, right when they come out. Luperza seems to hang around there for about an hour or so after it is posted.
    • Up x 1
  14. The Milk Man

Stalker >.> Haha, see, the devs do care :D
    • Up x 1
  15. Javelin

I guess It was a little too early to declare total abandonment lol, and I understand that, but the community would still definitely appreciate to hear what you have to say! :D

One thing that I would like to ask if you have time... What is your opinion on the current state of night, flashlights, and night vision in the game? What's the difference between thermal and IR? Why does thermal cost so much more? Why does night vision highlight entities and not just enhance ambient light? Why are nights so bright and flashlights useless? http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/please-make-night-darker.75509/
    • Up x 1
  16. notyourbuddy

They release patches like every 2 weeks and have a Roadmap section for people to complain in. What more do you want?
    • Up x 3
  17. Sedisp

They care enough to give us a canned response.

They don't care enough to give us any details of why we were a week behind on a delayed patch.

Any communication on delays is better than no communication.
    • Up x 1
  18. LanceHavenbay

I honestly really appreciate how much SOE pays attention. I totally understand not being able to reply to every single post, especially some that do not even require a response in the first place such as whine threads of subjects that have already been addressed.

Some of the weird things that make me happy, though otherwise unimportant to many other:
    Developers say WTF etc in posts. They are human. I get tired of the corporate, generic speech. Given that is is required to use it simply because it is a corporation...

I mean, hell. Rum and Cola? ******* +1 for the developers being legit. When you watch their command channel etc, they actually take the things you post and talk about them. Not the "Oh hey, buy this new content... anything you say against us will be removed."

If I'm not mistaken, I read something by someone o the dev team saying they'd love to be able to be told to f-off, but legal limitations restrict it.

So many other companies have sticks shoved up their ***. I wish I was a coder sometimes, so that I could work with SOE. Buttttt I'm trying to become a doctor... soo. xD
    • Up x 1
  19. sustainedfire

Thats easy for a Vanu player to say night is not dark enough.

Wait until Searhus with its glowing red and ashy grey backgrounds give Vanu and NC a taste of what TR has to experience every Night cycle on the current continents.
  20. Javelin

Just make night vision standard and toggleable in first person. Done. But its not just about the nights, its about the flashlights, the illogical IR, the overpriced thermal, etc.