Devs aren't engaging with the community

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Javelin, Mar 12, 2013.

1. sustainedfire

This is a game of he/she who first wins- and all bullets have tracers....
  2. Tanelorn

The devs are busy developing. The disconnect comes from no intermediates. We have forum mods, but they moderate. There should be someone who consults all the player feedback and suggestions content, conveys the gist to the developers, and lets us know we are heard (at least those who have constructive things to say).

If there is a middleman, he/she is acting silently.
    • Up x 1
  3. Sebyos

Gotta agree. So far SoE has the worse communication for a triple A dev.
  4. illgot

they communicate through Reddit and Twitter.
  5. Javelin

Agree with this 100%
  6. Sen7ryGun84

The development team in PS2 does a really good job at keeping us up to date with goings on and reasons behind changes. If you reckon they do a bad job and here you should go to and play nearly every other mmo on the market. It will blow your mind when you realise how much effort the PS2 team puts into keeping us informed.
  7. Onetoo

@OP

I sent Higby an email and he responded in under 20 minutes. They are listening to the feedback on the forums and posting constantly on Twitter and Reddit.

I'm thrilled with how much the devs are keeping us in the loop.. I haven't experienced this with many other game companies.
  8. Tanelorn

I dont get why twitter and other social media gets so much attention from the devs. Forums are still the most stuctured and practical form of interaction. Plus there are more posting, responding, and tracking tools available to us. Is it just a more sparkly bauble attracts more fish thing?
  9. MiZrY

Why does it matter where they communicate? We all have known they use multiple methods to communicate to the community for months now.

I personally like the Twitter dev feeds. You get information from them most of the time as it happens with out the clutter of all the BS whinefests that never end on these official forums. Hell, their twitter feeds are even on these forums so you can get the info here too.

The fact is, they communicate very well if you are willing to accept their forms of communication. You are two clicks away from direct interaction with the devs. It's far better then posting a thread here that's an exact clone of 20 other threads and hoping they respond to every single one with the same answer. Even then, people will still post some BS thread that's already been discussed and answered 100 times over.
  10. Nogrim313

they are they just arent using official forums in any way shape or form. instead they are using twitter and reddit and a bunch of other third party ********
  11. Trucky

There hasnt been a single dev post in the suggestion subforum, are you guys paying enough attention there?, also. What about the current situation of the game? i remember i saw a thread with about 70k views and like 40 pages and nothing came out from there. I mean, i undestand that this game is very big and such. But sometimes the community just feel that they're in their own.
    • Up x 2
  12. Wobberjockey

while i would prefer to see more dev communication through the official forums, SOE is head and shoulders ahead of many other devs in this department.

not many devs do things like the roadmap, or are willing to look at things and even CHANGE then based on massed player feedback
  13. Rhinzual

Paragon Studies with City of Heroes/Villains did far more, but NCSoft got so greedy (or stupid, hard to tell with NCSoft) that EA/Activision/Ubisoft/SOE looked at what they shut down (family friendly game going strong for a near decade, or a gold mine rather) and just collectively went "Wtf dude?"
  14. GhostAvatar

You may lurk, but we can still see that hair.
  15. PieBringer

Stop following me while I'm hunting! You make too much noise with that Vanguard, you trying to scare my prey away?

Edit: Well, this is embarrassing, I meant to quote Higby, not Radar...
  16. Rhinzual

I believe Higby's post was just a very elaborate 'Higby was here' post. It's like some of the very long-winded posts on the old City of Heroes forums going into great detail why some ideas were bad, just because if they replied with /no or /jranger, they'd risk getting suspended.
    • Up x 1
  17. Sedisp

This is patently untrue. Anyone with "Community Relations" in their name is that job.

They've just been using them to sell the game to people as opposed to communicating what the hell is going on with the game.
    • Up x 1
  18. Silver Pepper

Seen more engaged devs at Three Rings Design (Puzzle Pirates, woot!) and Bohemia Interactive (ArmA2, ArmA3, DayZ Standalone). Granted, BI is known for responding well to the community. Although I think that's because Bohemia Interactive tends to grab community members (addon makers and whatnot) to work for them.
    • Up x 1
  19. Kurreah

That is part of the moderator's job as far as I'm aware. Are you asking for them to post on every single thread every time that they read it?

Certainly in WoW, and probably in this, the developers avoided posting in constructive threads because their presence meant the thread stopped being constructive as people jumped into it to post their own questions and agendas without regard for the original discussion.
    Just look at how many people did the same in this thread.

The dev's personal Twitter and Reddit accounts are just that: their personal accounts, and they can post what they like there as long as it doesn't break agreements. The official PS 2 forums are official, and the company could be held to account for posts on here.
  20. Javelin

They don't have to post in every single thread. But maybe more than once in a blue moon would be nice.