Devil Dogs Annihilator Test Squad **Video**

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dzuari, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Stormlight666

It should be videos on how "One Player Can Make a Difference", not just squads. Look back in PS1 when a squad organizes an ANT delivery via galaxy to save a base only to be shot down on the way back, but the lone wolf ANT driver DRIVES THROUGH the enemy army to get inside and save the day. How that one guy with an Annihilator saves that galaxy on its way to a drop by driving off the Scythe attacking it.

Then again there's no real metagame to bring out those heroes.
  2. Stormlight666

Actually they're not so easy to avoid anymore. I've had scythes tear away from my rocket and still get hit far away. It all comes down to the angle of how it fires and follows.
  3. FoolishLobster

Actually, total biscuit has millions of subscribers on YT and regularly does long planetside 2 videos. His videos minimally get hundreds of thousands of views, beyond what TE could ever hope to achieve.
  4. Lopshot

"There is no such thing as bad publicity"

P.T. Barnum
  5. McFatal

But he doesn't actually show the exciting gameplay of PlanetSide 2, at almost any given time Buzz is the most watched stream on twitch for PlanetSide 2. It's pretty clear that most people watching live streams for PlanetSide 2 are watching Buzz.

Not only that, but TB has a following. People will watch his stream because it's him, not because he's streaming planetside 2.
  6. Vortok

Video shows how effective coordination can be, as long as your squad has the necessary ingredients (lock on launchers, in this case). Infantry can fight back against vehicle spam, they just have to work together and use the proper tools.

Also indirectly shows a weakness of the vehicle UI. People in vehicles have no idea what direction they're being locked on from, how many people are locking on to them, nor can they even see the rockets that are in flight if they are far enough away to be outside infantry render range.
  7. 13lackCats

Great display of teamwork, and proof of the power of the Annihilator.

What a treat to be facing Devil Dogs when I play. An excellent unit.
  8. BigMacDeez

9. FoolishLobster

yes, but I think more people watch YT than streams. I know i dont watch streams.
  10. RobotNinja

If no one is allowed to do something because another player has already done it then does that mean there's only one player in the game allowed to be an intolerant and militant xenophobe? Of course, it would be anyone's guess on which player has filled that role already.
  11. Korimer

Anyone else notice the difference between Annihilator and Hawk (NC). Hawk is Lock-On Air Only where Anni is Ground and Air. I have both but for some reason I RARELY hit with Hawk. ESF easily outran the Hawk's rocket. So I never bought the Anni. I finally spent it after seeing the benefit of being versatile against Ground and Air. THe rocket seems much faster than the Hawks, making a much higher chance of actually hitting.

Am I going crazy or have other noticed this?
  12. Dzuari

ya im pretty sure the crow is slower
  13. shadowkhat

yes there is, if PT went on as many rampages and threw out as many racial slurs as buzz no one would know what pt barnum circus was .
  14. MarkAntony

I meant the dumbfire ones. And i think the devs mentioned that the problem wasn't so much that ESFs outran missiles but that they wouldn't register hits sometimes.
  15. McFatal

Yeah I think so too, so yeah TB has exposed a lot more people to PlanetSide 2, but he doesn't really show the nitty gritty game, you know what I mean? I don't mean to bash him or anything, he does good stuff, I'm a subscriber of TB. But it when it comes to streams, Buzz is the man to go with, especially when he's streaming ops. He's entertaining, and it really shows how the game is played in a large scale outfit, and let's be honest... PlanetSide 2 is mainly about outfit play(Even if it is currently lacking in that regard).

And when Buzz is off hours streaming after or before ops, he's actually very informative. He's gone over many of the data sheets, he knows the game flow pretty well and he has played all the factions even though he is predominately TR.

Also something to note, he's actually very clam during off hours.
  16. Antivide

Because Planetside 2 needs more racism, suppressed man-child angst, more rage, and more self-righteous ego stroking.

Yes, we need more of that. In cult form, even.
  17. McFatal

Before calling people ignorant, you should look into the mirror.
  18. Pengalor

Uh, acting like that for any amount of time is unacceptable. Not to mention how very many videos there are of him acting in such a way and he does so on public streams, I doubt he's that much better in private.
  19. Pengalor

I don't see a single hint of the word "ignorant" in that post...In fact, the only mention of it on this page are your post and mine replying to it...
  20. McFatal

Racism is a form of ignorance, so that would be a hint for you.