Devil Dogs Annihilator Test Squad **Video**

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dzuari, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Dzuari

These things are awesome, down side, you need atleast 7 to be effective. We've been testing these squads out all week and they are turning out to be very effective.

• Up x 6
  2. A puppeteer

Cool to see them adding zerg based weaponry.
  3. JojoTheSlayer

The irony of nerfing HE instead of buffing AP to make other tanks be a threat to tanks...

This also shows the main thing I think is wrong with tank vs tank warfare in PS2. AP sucks at range, so tank vs tank is a short range thing where you are VERY vulnerable to infantry be it lock on teams like here, ATV Engs with tank mines or people with C4.

Upgrade AP:
    AP needs a smaller shell, less arch, more speed and more anti armor damage with little damage drop to make tank vs tank be a "longer range" thing...
    • Up x 5
  4. Badmethod

I have just read about 5 different threads that you replied to and not one positive comment about anything. If you hate the game that much then leave. What's so bad about the game for you? Your computer not able to run it or something?
    • Up x 3
  5. JojoTheSlayer

Hes just role playing the TR part of being a ick.
  6. A puppeteer

Stop going through my stuff.

Nothing everything is working fine.
  7. Vorenius

Sounds like someone is upset he died at the hands of a Annihilator.

We like to give you guys a sporting chance.
    • Up x 1
  8. Twistdlester

so is that post go anywhere? nice deleted link - cool link but not really thread worthy, but whatever
  9. RykerStruvian

I clicked this expecting to find an NC squad doing DevilDog hunting. Kind of disappointed.
  10. Dulu

This video in the OP is a complete, and 100% ripoff of another, more famous posters stream. Do not support plagerism.

This forum doesn't allow you to link to Buzzcutpsycho's page apparently.

• Up x 3
  11. Badname3529.

The sooner that manchild gets himself banned and TE dissolved in PS2, the better for all involved. Best not to give credit where it is wasted.
    • Up x 1
  12. Kypster

Welcome to three weeks ago; devil dogs are a bit behind on the times.
    • Up x 1
  13. Brickwalker

any weapon can be awesome in multiples..

hell I run a squad that only uses beamers and we annihilate everyone and everything.
    • Up x 1
  14. Malsvir Vishe

Just when we thought that 666 couldn't get any more "hurr zurg", they added this.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kypster

The Enclave is the only reason that Matherson is still alive every night on weekdays.
    • Up x 6
  16. Isila

The "Zergfit" epithet was pretty facepalm-worthy for its overuse back in PS1, it's just pathetic in PS2. Large groups of people working together to exploit the strengths of a piece of kit -- ESPECIALLY a piece of kit with as many drawbacks as the Annihilator has -- is not 'zerging', it's tactics. I know it must feel really crappy to have your precious tank or plane get stomped on just as easily as it stomps on most infantry, but if six or seven people want to team up and coordinate their fire against one or two people, that person (or people) shouldn't be surprised when they get rolled.

Rolling around lonewolf in your tank/plane is not, believe it or not, the correct answer to every situation in this game.
    • Up x 6
  17. Twistdlester

Glad you are the video date fact checker for your leader, we will be sure to check with you before anyone posts anything else -thanks for your useless comments to this thread - I reported you too.
    • Up x 3
  18. Tapioca Express

i'm surprised that i didnt see any 666 bail/deconstruct at all. guess you must have left out all that footage then.
  19. Badname3529.

All the better a reason to get on with server merging.
    • Up x 1
  20. Liberty

What is really funny this tactic is beyond old and spans far beyond this game. I know my own personal introduction to it came 7 years ago from City of Heroes PvP and I carried it over to my outfit in game as soon as I got the skep launcher. I'd never be so bold or foolish to say it originated there as someone brought it over from either GW or Ultima Online, I forget which its been a while.

2 days into playing PS2 and buying the Skep launcher, a group of friends (from CoH) were running a squad of 9 heavies, 2 meds and an engie with dual ammo packs spiking tanks. Its a little silly to think that because someone posted a video of it first that they origniated the concept. Especially when its a concept that is 7+ years old at this point.

As an added note, the video in the OP shows much "cleaner" spikes than the Skep launcher vid I saw from Buzzcutpsycho. I don't play with the guy, nor do I have anything against him but in his where his squad was taking down the NC tanks the spikes were sloppy. So much so that he didn't recognize the need to coordinate a spike against one of the sundys who was actually being healed by engies. (instead wasting a few attempts against it, giving up, coming back later and giving a few more attempts when all it needed was one good clean spike with a count down maybe).

If anything, the Skep launcher video could be a "rough introduction" on how to rocket spike tanks but the video in the OP is a more polished version of it. There is much better target identification/location as well as a more coordinated spike to go with it. It makes me all nostalgic as a CoH Rad/Psi seeing it happen in planetside 2.

For a frame of reference, this is what the rocket line looked like before PS2, only everyone ran around at 90 MPH, could jump 200 feet and were shooting back with much faster projectile speed. :)
    • Up x 7