"Deconstruct button moved from vehicle information"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneRedBlock, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Oheck

Point is it is being abused for that. Which is why it was removed till they adjust it. Hopefully it will be put back in with a damage timer, which I think should be 1 minute after taking damage. If you are damaged to the point that you are on fire, you can't deconstruct at all. You either repair or bail because your vehicle is lost at that point.
    • Up x 1
  2. ScrapyardBob

One minute would be way too long and we know from experience that 2 seconds is way too short (the old timer was roughly 2 seconds). I'm not sure it needs to be much longer then 10 or 20 seconds. If you've lost track of aircraft for 10+ seconds, then they've probably gotten away clean and are repairing somewhere. So something in the 10-15 second range is probably most suitable.

The problem with any rule that says "vehicle must be stationary" is that the in-game physics are too wonky for that. Witness all the crabbing, sliding, rocking, etc. that vehicles experience daily which have not been fixed in months of patches.

Resetting the timer every time new damage is taken is a must. It's also similar to what EVE Online went with for their logout timer (ship stays in space for N minutes after last taking damage).
    • Up x 1
  3. FinnSimmons

I am also 1 out of all players on my server who is using his brain to play this game (Thats what it feels like 99% of the time. So what?). And not just farming for certs like a brainless turd. :rolleyes: