"Deconstruct button moved from vehicle information"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneRedBlock, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Zenith

Don't leave your tank then, and they won't blow it up. Tanks especially should not be viewed as battlefield taxis to and from a target, we have Sunderers for that.
    • Up x 1
  2. gavinbrindstar

Why should I have to sit outside a bio lab just because I chose to pull a tank to help get there? If I decide to help out my team inside, that doesn't mean I should give enemy free points. I agree that combat deconstructs shouldn't be a thing, but I think saying that it's only good to griefing isn't exactly correct.
    • Up x 1
  3. Zenith

You have 4 minutes to get back and use it again, so there is no real point to deconstructing, aside from denying the enemy a vehicle kill. Dress it up however you like, it does indeed only come down to that.
    • Up x 1
  4. Simferion

I rarely use tanks (I just use flashes and Sundies) but what about if I wanna redeploy to the WG for a gal drop or to change Continent with my platoon?
    I noticed today if I spawn a new vehicle, the old one stays in place.
  5. Zenith

Does it matter?
  6. Simferion

Yes, If I give you too many free XPs you aren't learning how to gain them working hard :p
  7. RobotNinja

Deconstructing to deny xp is lame, yes. But being forced to leave vehicles in the middle of the battlefield as free xp is equally as lame.

Solution: Put 30 second timer on vehicle deconstruction

Your Mind = BLOWN. O_O
  8. Nintyuk

Your Attention once again:
  9. RobotNinja

Mmmmm...thanks for the RE-FYI. It's so hard to tell with the devs though, since this is their normal reaction to anything that doesn't work right...which is instead of fixing it to remove it completely, like how we used to get Base Defended XP. Instead of tweaking what was recognized as being valid conditions to receive a Defend XP Bonus they just removed it completely and replaced it with a lame 15% kill bonus. The Base Defend XP was supposed to make there be a point to actually defending bases. By removing it completely and replacing it with a 15% kill bonus, once again defending bases against an equal or greater enemy force is all but completely pointless. You can argue or debate that if you want, but the game doesn't lie. The whole thing is based on attacking and capturing. If you stick around to defend, the majority of the time you're either gonna be alone...dead...or both.

Sorry... /rant
  10. gavinbrindstar

You're right, I am denying them a kill. The difference is that when you deconstruct mid-fight it's because the enemy has shown superior skill and beaten you. It's bad form. When you deconstruct on the ground, that's just cleaning up after yourself.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sebyos

Now I will have to crash my plane !
  12. MissTiger

Um, just a question here... should we get a fleet of sundies up with, idk, grenade launchers to take on the tnaks inside a base? No? Ok... so we bring tnaks.. and once the enemy tnaks are downed, and we need to cap the point, we magically turn our tnaks into sundies? Or.... we stay in our tnaks, let one person get on point while everyone calls us a-holes for not helping cap?

I am missing some logic here...
  13. THUGGERNAUT

deconstruct removed = crybabies win once again. in this case it was the ******** rocketpodders who were denied 2 certs a couple times. can't let those poor babies be upset, oh no.
  14. Kanil

The two times I distinctly remember using deconstruction were both when I had managed to wedge my vehicle into a place where it was blocking friendly troops. While I will concede that this is an exceptionally rare circumstance, I thought deconstruction worked really well in the situation. I'm not sure why it needed to be removed, when a simple "cannot deconstruct if damaged in the last X seconds" timer would prevent any abuse.

Now, I'm not sure what I'll do if I have this happen a third time. Inquire if any heavies want free weapon lock? Just have a traffic jam for five minutes? /yell for some Vanu to come help?
    • Up x 2
  15. Ashnal

Depends on how much XP you earn while defending as to whether it is worth it or not.
    If you earn over 7000 or so XP while defending you end up with more XP than if you had attacked for a facility worth 1000 XP capture bonus. The required amount is significantly less for bases that have a lower capture CP bonus.
    Its a hefty amount, but totally possible during large battles if you possess a decent amount of skill.
  16. Ashnal

The funny part here is that the situation you outline isn't fixed by your proposed solution.
    The point isn't how much skill it takes to kill your tank while it is unoccupied, it's that the killer denied you use of your tank and should be rewarded. The fact that the tank is gone isn't affected in the slightest by how or when it was destroyed.
  17. ScrapyardBob

Or go spawn another vehicle, which should (AFAIK) despawn your previous vehicle.
  18. BeachHead2

...not that rare... I just managed to wedge twice in 20 minutes, constipating up things for ma crew... sorry guys.

If deconstruct was still available, I'd have happily used it to remove the blockage. Sadly, we can't do that anymore.
  19. Ripshaft

Topic is silly, video is amazing.
    • Up x 1
  20. siiix

really ? LOL. Can you elaborate on that, why that is ? or is that an empty meaningless statement ?