"Deconstruct button moved from vehicle information"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OneRedBlock, Mar 27, 2013.

1. MissTiger

I thought the idea of this game was to combat other players. Why should someone get points for destroying a tank or aircraft no one is in? Good grief, how many times have I fired on tanks and sundies and never got exp for them because they ran away and got repairs? What's the difference between that and deconstructing? Oh... the enemy doesn't get to keep his vehicle when deconstructing.. AND they don't get repair XP. I seriously never understood the whining about losing XP to decon. I certainly never *****ed about it.

Especially since I use decon myself - I play infiltrator alot, and use decon most often when I fly to an area and somehow manage to land without crashing. I have to decon ASAP or that column of smoke from my ESF will give me away.

Yes, I DO have stealth on my Flash, I'm not very good at driving either, so sliding one of those things into a building takes.. a bit of time. When there's a building around...

NOTHING gives away a sniper faster than having their vehicle close by. So now what - I blow up my own ride??
  2. SgtScum

No, you hide it in an area that denies it los to your target area.

But here let me do a quick n dirty paint pic to illustrate what I mean.

[IMG]
  3. Hunter_Killers

There's no hope for anyone that can't differentiate between actually escaping from danger and pressing page down -> deconstruct. Also lol that removing a threat shouldn't be rewarded. I hope they give XP off suicide bails too just to rub salt in the wound for the poor sports.
    • Up x 1
  4. MissTiger

Poor sports are folks who can't get a kill and then whine because they're not getting RISK-FREE xp off an empty vehicle.

And thanks for the nice illustration... did I mention I'm not a great driver? :)
  5. XLander

Or posters could avoid making walls of text?
  6. XLander

No removal of that button was needed and deserved to many people hit deconstruct right before they are getting blown up. Whats more is that it is a malicious act on the part of the person deconing the vehicle. It acts as a force multiplier. When you deny your in game enemy points they earned you are in fact nerfing the enemy unjustly.
  7. Aisar

Now they just need to add a short timer once /suicide is used and we will be in business. People can still purposely crash into the ground but we are finally taking steps in the right direction for air combat. Love it!
  8. hansgrosse

I fully expect to see a LOT of vehicle drivers C4ing, AT mining, and AT rocketing their own rides when they're close to death now. XP will still be denied, and people will still rage about it.

The moral of this story is that the trolls will ALWAYS find a way to win in the end.
  9. MissTiger

Well, why not just give land-vehicle damage xp like air-damage xp is given? Wouldn't that help? Even if someone decons a tnak, you'd at least get something for bringing it near death.
    • Up x 1
  10. Crowne

Do you really think I have "godlike" skill just because I opened up my cert menu to look for a solution?

Apparently, it isn't just the deconstruct button that bothers you. You also don't like mines, c4, and rocket-pods. I'll just address one of those as an example.
    I used to hate mines, and loathed people who used them on my poor vulnerable Sundy. "How cheap!!" I cried out with a fist to the sky. Then, one morning, with some coffee, in my mother's basement :rolleyes:, I opened up the cert tree and discovered Mine Guard Armor. It isn't perfect. It means I have to sacrifice other things. However, it does mean one lone buckaroo isn't going to mine my Sundy to its grave instantly.

You can do this too! I promise, you have that option, just like everybody else.

Sure, you can also jump on your tricked out super-twit-machine and holler at the devs until they pander to you. I'd rather play the game.

Incidentally, how long do you think it is until people like you start complaining about people spawning on a damaged sunderer? I mean, you would have a much easier time of it if I couldn't spawn and repair it right? Twit that one if you like.
  11. Krayus_Korianis

I have a better way to deny Xp... Blow it up after you exit.
  12. Acceleratio

I have an even better way to deny xp... dont play at all.
  13. Fligsnurt

Though I am glad to see them taking action on the abuse of the Decon, there are some uses to it. Like previously stated, it can be used (and I have used it as) for hiding your presence upon attempting to infil a base undetected / have an advanced force start hacking / taking down defenses on an unmanned bases prior to the main attack force. It also helps in large assaults for players to decon their vehicle to keep down on random vehicle clutter around the base, which can serve more as road blocks to friendlies then anything else aside maybe free targets to any enemies who are more worried about gaining xp over dealing with the enemy in the base. Its just such a disappointment to see it used as a way to grief others but I am glad to see the devs finally working on the issue.
  14. Nintyuk

It's Probably been said many times in this thread already but this is a TEMPORARY STOP GAP. The dev's conceded that there were too many times when the feature was used illegitimately compared to times when used legitimately. Deconstruction will return once they have coded and implemented and tested a new system that blocks deconstruction for a time after taking damage.
    • Up x 1
  15. MrLee.NO

I want a deconstruct button!

BUT!

It only works in Warpgate and it gives you at least a part of the resources spent to spawn the vehicle back, if not all of them, and it resets the spawn timer on the vehicle in question.
  16. Ashnal

If you find pissing people off to be fun ....
    Damn, I bet you have no friends.
    I'm glad griefers like you are in the minority.
  17. Zotamedu

I think this was an overreaction. Deconstruction is useful for when you have a vehicle you do no longer need or when you get your vehicle stuck somewhere. But there is no reason what so ever for it to be instant. Give it a 30 second countdown and just leave it in. Also, remove the /suicide completely now when we have the nice redeploy and squad deploy buttons. There is no use except griefing for that command any more.
  18. haldolium

I truly wonder what would've been the problem with just put in a somewhat long timer instead of removing the quite useful function completely.
  19. ABATTLEDONKEY

I agree. though its uses are limited, Some people have certainly pointed out where the decon button could be used for a real reason. Thats why im glad that they will re-implement the feature once they have settled on a good anti-grief system. I think that something like a damage timer may be the solution that makes everyone happy.
    • Up x 1
  20. siiix

my friends like to have fun and not take a frekin video game sooo seriously if they life depended on it

what are people like you think ? you play for money ? do you train for some competition ? because if so you sure enough are in the wrong game :)

funny thing is if people do the same things to me , then i can say i'm "sportsman" enough to have respect for them, i might even add them as in-game friends... i like FUN people as friends, not dou**i players who cant take a joke and dont have a sense of humor, nor any creativity

BTW this is not griefing, you might disagree, but griefing is a whole other level , and i do not cross that line

examples of griefing:
    intentional team kills
    blowing up friendly vehicles for fun
    taking a full sundy or galaxy outside the map to crash
    and so on
    THATS GRIEFING... what i do if have fun annoying the ENEMY <<<< GET IT ? ENEMY, not friendlies

i still help my team, and team play, but thats MY TEAM.. who the hell cares about my enemies FEELINGS LOL

ohhhh NC and VS are you crying because you did not get my kill ... you need a tissue to wipe your nose ? ;)

this game is 12 and over, preschoolers not supposed to play this game ... thats hello kitty adventure .. in this game will KILL PEOPLE... and if you think your a good sportsman not to annoy your enemy so you dont hurt they feelings ? seriously ? cry some more :)