Dasanfall Stats Site is biased now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pruto, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Fortress

It's not my fault the site is biased against the true heroes of planetside.

Viper only stats should be at the top imho.
  2. Posse

They actually are on top for you, since it's what you have the most kills with :p
  3. jak

I have auraxium on all shotguns. ::hangs head in shame::
  4. jak

Only sometimes. Usually when people die to us. When we die, we aren't.
  5. jak

I don't think you understand how much of a Navy seal I am.
  6. Torok

damn hobbits they're everywhere then
  7. BillBoBaggins

I picked this name coz it was the first thing that popped in my head.Don't ask why lol
  8. Alarox

stats.dasanfall is probably one of the best things to ever happen to Planetside 2.
  9. KnightCole

Lol, naw. Where DA goes, I dont. So yeah haha.

I did shoot a DA dude last night =D left him in a bloody mess on the ground :D:p
  10. NoctD

It could be far better though if they didn't just count certain things that factor into certain numbers, and just presented the raw stats.
  11. Posse

Sounds like someone is scared.
  12. Ender

Tell me what type of sort you would like to see, and i'll work on getting it added. The IvI stuff is not going to go away though. I have no problem adding new and interesting sorts/substats, but have no reason to get rid of specialized sorting metrics. Offering less information is not something that's ever been a goal of mine. What raw data do you mean? Is there something specifically that we don't list that you'd like to see added at some point?
  13. Wobberjockey

stats that you need to upgrade to see.

I JEST!
    • Up x 1
  14. Myrgatroid

FTFY
  15. NoctD

Its simply if there was a way/toggle to count everything that's relevant, regardless if its a sanctioned/unsanctioned weapon, and even if you have just 1 kill with something. From what I see, it only starts counting when you get past 60 kills, so all the various stats you see are quite misleading. It even says, e.g. in Class Details...

Values shown above only count for the items listed to the left.

I just want the raw full picture, regardless if the sample is small or large, and for everything that pertains to be counted. I'm not sure if you've got more filters beyond the 60 kill minimum, like if only certain weapons will ever show up and others will never get counted.

Its fine if you want to keep the pro MLG style stuffs, but a way to see everything a player has done would be useful.

More info is not bad. True KDRs are not bad. But filtered info is only partially useful.
  16. LibertyRevolution

BTW, what are cheeseburgers flipped?
    Also, what do I need to do to have infantry vs infantry domain be something other than a red X? Do I need use guns other than Orion?
    When I do compare players all I see is "no data" under my character for that field.
  17. Ender

This? There are no filter's applied to the general information tab. We could possibly add the number of revives that wipe a death tally. Not sure how hard that would be to implement but I doubt it's too difficult. The problem with counting things before 60 kills, is that anything below 60 kills really probably isn't all that accurate (not that 60 kills is super accurate either). It also vastly increases the amount of garbage data being pulled and processed due to the amount of characters that get a single kill with a weapon then never touch it again. 60 is probably as low a limit as we'll go in that regards, though ALL kills are counted in the general tab.

[IMG]

Specific domain stats need a bare minimum amount of information to start showing. I believe its 60 kills with at least two weapons relevant to the domain you're viewing. So for your "Sniper" stats to render you'd need at least 60 kills with two different rifles for anything to start showing up. IvI might require another weapon making it 3 total, but counts all LMGs, SMGs, Carbines, Assault Rifles, and Pistols.

The reason shotgun and sniper stats are filtered out of the IvI score is as Possee stated. Those weapons function inherently different from most standard weapons. It really does screw with the percentages by a large margin when they're counted in the mix.
  18. BOOKEN

What I don't get is how this garbage is allowed on here but post one thing about a cheater and it gets deleted and you get an infraction.
  19. NoctD

Not that tab, its the class details and vehicle details, but I suspected you might have issues collecting too much data as you confirmed. Yes, it could be a bit much on the data collection and more inaccurate, I just wish I could see class details and vehicle details without missing out on info.

Thanks for looking into the idea anyhow - there's still valuable info in the various stats as it stands today.
  20. Mustarde

I love the data discrimination on the DA site. If I wanted blanket, unfiltered stats, I could just go to the official players site. But on stats.dasanfall, I can see a breakdown based on numerous different weapon classes, infantry classes, specific weapons, and overall. It shows me areas of weakness or individual characteristics of my gameplay.

Just because 80% of my kills are not IVI sanctioned doesn't mean the stat site isn't valuable to me. And as long as they continue to let my sniper stats influence my MLG rating and player value, they will never hear a bad word from me :)

It is a little weird to see less than 40,000 kills show up under my IVI, when I have almost that many kills with my SR-7 alone. But that just means for me, the IVI panel is useless. I focus on the bolt-action panel, the infiltrator panel and the general panel to analyze my own stats.

Don't know why this thread was necro'd but hell, might as well jump in and say thanks to 50 and Ender, and let the rest of you know that as someone who lives outside of IVI sanctions, I still love the site and find it immensely valuable.
    • Up x 3