[Suggestion] Cross platform play PS4-PC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by mblades, Jan 13, 2014.

1. consciousvillan

not sure if its been said but war thunder went cross platform recently ps4 and pc, sony for some reason have insisted ps4 players have a little star to their name.. they are at a slight disadvantage as although its a flight game its set up to be played with mouse and keyboard so pc playes with m/k have the edge in aiming while controller player are better at pulling maneuvers but then u have pc joystick players who are at the same sort of disadvantage with aim at least in arcade mode..
    but any way its seems to be working well of course in a fps that mouse aim is going to be even more dominant and i dont see aim assist as an answer
  2. Lamat

In that farming bonanza, we would finish off all our directives and then what?
  3. Noktaj

Any keyboard - mouse user with two hands and a fully functional brain will rip your gamepadders in nanoseconds.
    It's not elitist crap, is FACT.

I don't even understand how people can play first person shooter on consoles. Every time I see some friend of mine "showing off" his skill in some lame console FPS i just:

[IMG]

But yea, let's merge lolpadders and PC users, I'll enjoy my KDR skyrocketing to over 9000.

for reference: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/xbox-360-windows-live-gaming-voodoopc-rahul-sood,10924.html

TL; DR: PC master race.
    • Up x 1
  4. SpartanZero

In a 1v1 heck even 2v1, yes PC user trumps console. Just for the hardware response/precision of board+mouse. FACT.

In a game that often has hundreds of players, sometimes hundreds of opponents. PC users cannot be 360degree aware or responsive to all avenues of attack, which in a way levels the playing field for console users to get the drop on PC users. FACT, you're gonna die, regardless if you are in the cross hairs of multiple opponents, regardless of if you're console or PC user.

Console users will have aim assistance, which will iron out some of the failings of console vs PC (if they are allowed on the same servers) , board n mouse options with improved board+mouse support.

Too bad for PS2 as a whole for larger server communities/appeal. It may see a small % of console users actually invest in PCs due to overwhelming appeal, but I can only see that as a 5-10% draw potential (generous %).
  5. BealMan

It's as if all of you pc preference folk fail to realize the ps4 functions with hardware mouse/keyboard - so mute point. If you're dumb enough to play an fps with a controller while others have the ability to use a keyboard and mouse ... that is on you. There is no reason for them not support cross platform play. The cpu / gpu architecture is the same - The only Hiccup is PSN verifying updates.
  6. JohnWindRunner

"master race" ima have to stop you right there.... PC master race is used by PC players to basicly say i have a bigger dick. it makes then feel all special and fuzzy. just cause your a PC player does not make you better then a console player and i would love to see cross platform support for this game so please stop this "PC master race" its so arrogant and annoying console players are just as good and besides most people cant afford a 7000$ doller PC so they get a xbox or a PS cause its cheeper for and easier for their life style, i have a meh PC and a ps4 cause i love both, so in short **** about PC master race
  7. Pelojian

ok just lol.

you do not need a $7000 PC to play PS2 or any PC games. consoles are just specific mass produced custom built PCs with different shape configurations with games and software specifically designed to run on the existing hardware.

You cannot upgrade these they are like MACs. you investment in them is a one off thing. PCs are different software may not always work right but when i invest money into a new computer i can add hardware over time or if one of the components is busted i can replace it for cheaper then buying a new console to replace a broken console out of warranty.

This is one of the reasons for 'PC master race' another is PCs will always have cutting edge technology over consoles which are held back by their fixed hardware.

the PC vs Console thing with FPS is down to the default setups of both. mouse and keyboard provide far more options and precision shooting over a default console's game controller.

I doubt we'll see a cross PC - Console FPS until consoles come with a keyboard and mouse out of the box.
  8. JohnWindRunner

1. **** off with the turm "console kiddies"
    2. i find contoler is easier for aming.. seeing i grew up on console games
    3. the only set back i can see for cross platform would be render distance
  9. JohnWindRunner

ima have to call ******** on the keybored and mouse better then contolers, i use contoler my hole life, its super easy to use, your just not trained with it cause you grew up using PC or used it far more, and yes PC's are mostly out of the question for people on a fixed income, "pc master race" is just some thing alot of PC users say to make them selves feel better, and come on "pc master race" sounds like something fecking hitler would say, all you PC elitest *** wipes use just to feel better
  10. Jawarisin

i dare anybody saying they do well with a controller to stream their gameplay, and show us how good they do in a session. "Good" isn't 0.2 k/d sadly.
  11. Pelojian

I've used PCs and consoles, i get far more precision and control with a mouse and keyboard. you can get a decent enough starting PC for roughly the same as a console and incrementally upgrade your computer and not have to worry about the company releasing games for the latest system they have rolled out and not being able to play those new games.

If you can't handle opposing opinions to the point you swear and make comparisons to hitler you shouldn't even be on these forums.

Just because we don't agree with you doesn't make us elitist.
  12. JohnWindRunner

im driving home the fact that most people that use the term "pc master race" are ********
  13. JohnWindRunner

1. i use it on PS cause i cant seem to get it to connect to PC im not sure how so i just leave it and have fun on my PS4 with it, im sorry i grew up on console games and not PC, im more used to contolers, and i feel there is no gap between keybored/mouse and contoler it the fact of what ppl aremost comforable using some are better with keybored/mouse other with contolers thats all im saying and your that remark foe the 0.2 KD is retarted seeing Ps2 is not about KD try again
  14. TheKhopesh

I wouldn't mind if they made some servers that allowed the option for combined play.
    Just so long as both sides get a message along the lines of "Hey, this specific server is made up of combined PC and PS4 players, play on them at your own risk!" for each server.
  15. gazzadubs

As for aiming they could get a xim4
    Www.xim4.com
    I had a xim3 for Xbox 360 a while back and it was easy mode against controller users
  16. CNR4806

PS3 supported mouse and keyboards since the very beginning, and no you can't play any game with it without special 3rd-party adapters. And I don't expect it to be any different on the next gen consoles (PS4/XB1).