Crash right after every launch attempt

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Qoph, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Yug0sRouge

Same problem here too. ):
    WIndows 7 32-bit, 4GBs of RAM, Dual-Core AMD CPU (3.04GHz per core) and ATI Radeon HD 5450 GPU with 1024MB of VRAM.
  2. Inf!

OK, well, after a week or so of goodness, am experiencing the same problem again. The only software that's updated since then are Steam, and Planetside 2. I was using Avast antivirus, but have since uninstalled that for testing, no improvement. Auto updates on everything else is (as far as I know) turned off. Just using the standard Windows Firewall, with exceptions for planetside2.exe and awesomonium process.exe.

Problem really does seem to be with ps2
  3. OldRaka

You are missing the point. It looks like many other games - MMOs as well - don't show the same problem like PS2. In this cases this is a strong evidence that the problem is within YOUR responsibility and not out of YOUR control!!! It might be a problem of your programming strategy, but even then, it is UNDER YOUR CONTROL, imho.
  4. Inf!

Huzzah! For the record, my woes were solved (hopefully) by using the Validate Game Assets under the Advanced Tools on Launchpad. I'd held off using Steam's validation (usually just downloads the entire package again), but this has done the trick. Try it.
  5. EgoSIN

For myself, I found a solution to this problem. I reinstalled the game in the default folder to a standard volume, that is what the installer offers a default. That's all. In support of the thought that the problem was programs, antivirus programs, and the like. Before that, I reinstalled the game, but prescribed a different folder and this was my mistake))