Crash right after every launch attempt

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Qoph, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Inf!

OK, fair point.
    SOE?
  2. Zierk

I have it free as well. It is free through the DoD if you are US military. No sub and free updates. Been using it for 9 years now 100% free.

Back on topic: I have the same issue as OP. Downloaded patch, cant launch. I wanted to spend some cash on Friday night but I i dunno now if I can't even get online @_@
    • Up x 1
  3. Peebo

Same here, I get in game but it just hardlocks and ctrl+alt+delete is only way to get out. Only happening since today.
  4. AWearyExile

I've been pestering them to give us a response through support tickets, Facebook, and even a bit on Reddit. Still nothing from them
  5. Zierk

exact same issue for me as well. Right after patching.
  6. agpen

Likewise I'm not running SEP (just MSE), not on 32-bit, no USB devices besides generic 104-key keyboard and pretty basic logitech trackball, still getting the c0000005 crash on launch. Setting "run as admin" and Windows 7 compat mode makes it jump straight to the crash instead of spending 5 seconds hung on the loading screen and then crashing. We have people on 7 and 8, nvidia and ati, so it's probably not something super specific on our end that's the issue here.
  7. Rainock

Same issue here. I can get into the game and the second i step out of the spawn pods the game closes and get the same error as everyone here. I dont have sep, no special usb outside of mouse/keyboard and running windows 8. This just started today, worked fine in the past.
  8. Zamanoy

Bump! I love this anti-virus, I have it for free from the Army. This problem existed during the beta but it was patched to work. Plz fix it again!
  9. ChesStrategy

Does anyone know how to disable raw mouse input via one of the .ini files? During my "pre-crash" period, I turned that option on (or left it on...I forget), but I wonder if that has something to do with the USB issue. In other words, rather than disconnecting all my USB devices (which did not seem to help anyways), was wondering if anyone with this issue can try to turn this option off (via ini files) and then try running the game?
  10. Friednug

SOE really does have horrible customer service, i opened my ticket last night immediately following patch, gave them the two required files, and still no response.
    REALLY?
  11. Zierk

bump... come on SOE can we get some acknowledgement.
  12. Dmanrock

To the front you go
  13. blackbomber

Hey guys same issue here, just started experiencing this issue as I didn't log in for a while, which is a super-bummer, since at the end of exams I wanted to play some PS2 with my friends. I even bought a $15 game card for the event! What are the ways we can contact support about this?

I should add, I reinstalled the game completely and tried creating a new account to see if that worked, but no dice on either solution.
  14. FoodForTheGods

I solved this crash issue for me:
    For anyone using EMET, try deactivating EAF for Planetside2.exe.

No clue why Planetside2.exe does not work with EAF enabled. EAF should not cause any issues for normal applications (only for hackers).
  15. Risu

I'm having this same problem too, just since the last patch. I had no issues prior to this. Considering it's triple StationCash and soon to be double XP, I'd really appreciate something being done about this soon.
  16. Zierk

forgive me but what is EMET and EAF?
  17. Friednug

this is driving me nuts, i have station cash THAT I NEED TO SPEND. CMON SOE
  18. blackbomber

19. Dmanrock

I guess they are on holiday breaks =/
  20. Piepants

Kind of a serious problem here. Hopefully somebody from SOE will respond soon. This seems to be a pretty common problem based on the number of threads I've seen with the same or similar issue.