Continuing to investigate server issues

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Ian Noble

weirdly when i now log in i dont have any of my characters there. its as if i need to start again.....
  2. rhan101277

The game has worked great, this is the first major outage in a year. Give these guys/girls a break, there are probably loads of folks out on vacation. Sometimes it isn't as easy to fix a problem as you might think. It also could be something out of their hands.
    • Up x 3
  3. Variden

Calm down kids. We all know SoE will compensate all appropriately for lost game time, wasted boosts, etc. While their technical prowess can legitimately be called into question at times with matters pertaining to server stability/downtime/bug fixes, they do make up for that in customer appreciation.

That said, given how often MMO servers do go down for lengthy periods, and how rabid "forumside pvp" gets as a result, you'd think someone would've developed some legit form of Forum PvP tracking. Ranks / unlocks / achievements / leaderboards, etc.

Make forum pvp a legit E-Sport.

Of course, I'm certain TR would find something to QQ about regarding VS forum pvp, as per status quo.

VS Fonts OP, Plox Nurf!

Anyways, would atleast make waiting for game servers to come back up rewarding in its own right.
    • Up x 1
  4. LilMoses

Server will be online soon. Maybe.
    • Up x 1
  5. LavenderFennec

they do but i never said they wouldn't i just said stop complaining for something that is always going to happen i dont see how this makes my an idiot
  6. Spjuth89

if the NC admitts this war is their stupid fault, you ser, hava a deal.
  7. Shuriko

Fair enough Piestro, but pwetty pwease give them devs a carrot so they work faster I wanna pway this game soon..trigger finger is itching:oops:
    • Up x 2
  8. travbrad

I've heard rumors that when the servers come back online Half Life 3 will be released.
    • Up x 6
  9. DarkCause

Free NS-Deep Freeze for everyone and a full refund for those who payed SC/Certs? I could only dream....

But any who, those who bought or used a boost just before or during this inconvenience should be in consideration. I don't have this issue, but I wanted to speak out for those who's boost were wasted, if they are not frozen by the server being down that is.

...Deep Freeze? :p
  10. ThunderRush

Not sure how often a downtime - that is not announced - happened nowadays.
  11. CrazyMike

12. TeeHeeNZ

or maybe some more coffee, maybe their previous pot is getting cold :p
  13. Haunted Quiche

MOVEMENT

I just tried logging in, currently downloading a 28Mb patch :)
  14. CorruptedVenom

Now I can not even log into the game. Keep getting an error and before it would at least let me log to see my characters.. This is beyond frustrating that there has not been an update yet on the status of the server repair or at least a rollback so that we can all get into the game. Compensation of course would be nice considering that some of us are premium and last now a couple days of that and others have boosts that may have gone to waste due to the servers being down.

I just really hope that things are fixed soon... i have TR and NC to kill with my new weapons.
  15. thearcticzone

I just downloaded it and i'm getting ERROR G99. Love these updates.......
  16. PaulAdrien

The amount of hate on this post is unbelievable...
    Although I got a scare when I tried logging in and the game asked me to create a new character... Probably due to the maintenance
  17. Cheshire

Because who doesn't like being oppressed by military forces, amirite?
  18. Haunted Quiche

This is first point tonight I've been able to get into the game. Before it kept freezing at 96% on the load screen. Now I can at least see my char's and [server unavailable].

So...yays?
  19. thearcticzone

Eh, hate for updates, yes. Definitely. Hating dis update baaaad. Can't even get on because of some error.
  20. LavenderFennec

happens a lot and they said server down time on the launcher and Continuing to investigate server issues