COD Video Explaining everything wrong with Shotguns in PS2...It ruins the whole skill/fun/CQC!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rustler, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Rustler

This is exactly what is happening in Planetside 2 at the moment...LA camping from above, killing people asap.

Sorry but I dont want this game to turn more into COD...Thnx.
    • Up x 4
  2. Sebyos

Funny I just posted in another thread about how PS2 is starting to look the CoD... Actually it's not funny it's sad and sickening.

Was this your video by the way ? Cause I'm following this is funny.
    • Up x 4
  3. CaligoIllioneus

Skill in CQC? You mean learning how to bunny hop correctly, ADADAD and try to aim through the other player's ADADAD and bunnyhop? No thanks

Shotguns work perfectly. They suck at range and excel at CQC.

Edit: BTW people stop making clone threads to try to make it look more like an issue.
    • Up x 1
  4. AccelPrime

Oh, a LA killed you from above? WHAT A FU---ING SURPRISE :eek:, DO YOU EVEN JUMPJET BRO?

I see people bashing on CoD players, saying PS2 doesn't need 'em. But it seems there's alot of PS2 players a whole lot worse than the oh-so-spoken-of "CoD nubs".

Shotguns are fine, what's in need of a nerf is the massive whining that's going on around these forums.
    • Up x 2
  5. DJPenguin

where's all the threads from shotgun users complaining about lmgs, carbines, assault rifles, and sniper rifles killing them at range?

o right there aren't any cause it sounds just as stupid as the million of these shotgun cry threads.

besides, you're implying the use of planetside 2's weaponry requires any substantial degree of skill. they don't and they can't being an MMOFPS. it's the positioning that requires any effort in this game, dodging tank shells and long range fire while closing in for the kills. likewise if you're a long range user, set yourself up to kill short range weapon users before they close in.
  6. Rustler

NCM1 Scattercannon
    [IMG]
    Kills
    Score
    NCM1 Scattercannon
    [IMG]
    Kills
    Score
    GD-66 Claw
    [IMG]
    Kills
    Score

Your K/D ratio looks nice until you see how u got it........Yeah, ur not bias at all when it comes to shotguns....

COD players these days:rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  7. Rustler

Yeah is sad.

The CQC use to be fun back when you didn't get insta kill and actually go in some nice skillful confrontations.

Now you have people hiding with shotguns.
  8. Rustler

Yes skill CQC.

ADADAD while maintaining amazing accuracy is skill......Bunnyhoping rarely works.

If it wasn't skillful then I wouldn't be destroying people when confronting them 1 vs 1.

Sorry but Shotguns are a serious issue.
  9. AccelPrime

AcceleratorPrime is my main, 62 BR go check that out instead, and please do post my top 3 weps as well on that. This is only my NC alt, which is 29 BR.

Whining kids these days:rolleyes::eek:.
    • Up x 1
  10. Lampenfieber

Dude stop crying, dont have money to buy it? 1000 certs... so pick up your beloved prowler and go farm some shotgun for you. Appears to be you are some who dont like shotguns because dont know how to play and want help...
    • Up x 1
  11. SharpeShooter

Shot guns that are used by INFANTRY are not op! they are extremely situational. If you engage further than 5m you're died plane and simple. I have the araxium medal on a shotgun about 1300 kills give or take. However, I have nearly 4000 kills on my AR, and it beats shotguns down to the ground. So in conclusion stop your friking moaning!
    • Up x 2
  12. Kedric

The proliferation of insta-gib weapons in PS2 is seriously detracting from infantry combat. The fact that the new pump-shotty does 1430 damage with all pellets hitting is just silly. You can miss 3/10 pellets on a body shot and still 1 shot someone. I'm just waiting for rocket propelled tactical nukes to be added in an upcoming patch.
    • Up x 1
  13. Rustler

WOW bro, you actually got kills with the solstice

Solstice VE3
    [IMG]
    Kills
    Score
    Cosmos VM3
    [IMG]
    Kills
    Score
    Cosmos VM3
    [IMG]
    Kills
    Score

Scythe
    [IMG]
    Kills
    Time Used
    46h 37m
    Score

Still most of the ur kills came from MAX and Scythe........ur K/D ratio explained.
  14. Scorponok

dont go CQC against shotguns or get one yourself :p most FPS games has them...
  15. CaligoIllioneus

I don't consider Scatmaxes "shotguns". They're a separate thing. Scatmaxes are unbalanced, shotguns are not.

Also, nice ad hominem right there.

Please define "skilfull CQC confrontations". How are they more than a bunny hopping, ADADAD contest?
  16. smokemaker

Love the shotties.
    I vote no change.
    Nerf the nerfs!
    Power to the people and shotguns!!!!!
    • Up x 3
  17. Mxiter

OWNED!

9KD and 278 XP/min by biolabs shotguns exploit :p

I have nothing specially wrong against the shotguns, but the auto ones and the pump action ones are.....imbalanced compared to SMG wich are also CQC dedicated.
    For information: i also use auto shotgun in biolab, but i don't spend my whole playing time waiting at a corner to instagib poor guys :eek:
    • Up x 1
  18. AccelPrime

Hey, I know one thing that CoD players like, and that is K/D. I tried to defend shotguns & totally crushed your sad excuses for arguments, and now you're trying to de-justify my K/D?

Woah, I knew humans can sink to a low level when confronted with defeat, but you sure take the top spot man... :eek:
    • Up x 1
  19. Mxiter

You wasn't the guy that claimed loving imbalanced stuffs to get massive kills an just playing for KD ratio? :rolleyes:
  20. smokemaker

Watched the vid.
    Dude camping kicked some but. I see no issue other then the whiner complaining about getting killed.