[Suggestion] Cloak is Pathetic

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by QuantumSerpent, Nov 19, 2014.

1. TeknoBug

I havne't played in nearly a year, seems like playing run'n'gun infils is nearly impossible now, even when you catch someone off guard you lose the element of surprise with the loud decloaking and sometimes they can actually see you in broad daylight with their low graphics settings. I guess my roll with the Artemis/Stalker/Armistice has come to an end, can't get enough shots off someone with it anymore without getting instagibbed. Switched to medic or engineer and was having no problems.
  2. Ballto21

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...ased-on-player-input-patch-note-style.212403/

Infiltrator
    -Can hack an enemy vehicle if there are no occupants including people in the gunner and rumble seats.
    -Can now 'hack' a friendly terminal up to three times to add security to it, slowing enemy hacking. Displayed by 1-3 locks on the faction colored display. To hack one of these terminals and enemy infiltrator must do the hacking action four times, and can then in turn add their own factions security to the terminal when its flipped.
    -Can now carry one brick of c4, no more than one at any time. Costing 500 certs
    -Cloak now stays in deep cloak when standing still while crouched and crouch walking. Normal walking is as visible as being cloaked standing, sprinting visibility remains the same.
    -Has 5% higher shields, but 3% less health than it currently has.
    -Gains smoke grenades costing 400 certs to unlock

(if not c4 for the infiltrator then tank mines, so you cant use it for AI)
  3. Moonheart

Infiltrator cannot recieve C4 or tank mines due to be even more advantaged to reach vechicles than LA.

And multiple hacking will just make that people will never wait anymore for us to counter-hack and juste blow and repair the damn terminal.
  4. Ballto21

were not more advantaged for anything, except maybe stalker cloak because were loud in cloaking/decloaking, perfectly visible when youre within 15 meters of a target and moving, and we cant fly, thus are always within a tanks Cone of fire until were point blank, and if they did see us theyed probably move.
  5. Moonheart

If you do it well, they will NEVER see you.
    That's a hundred time superior to being able to avoid their cone of fire a bit... until you run out of propelant.
  6. Ballto21

yes, and how is that any different than doing easy assault? do it right on la and hold your spacebar with jumpjets or even drifter and youre never getting hit, which is easier, and quieter, or be patient on an inf, or take a risk on an inf and have a high chance at getting hit should something go wrong
  7. Moonheart

A LA can be avoided easily by driving backward and shooting at it when he's out of propelant. It also requier some cover/high ground to reach the tank.

An infiltrator will reach the vehicle safely with almost no effort 100% of the time, with no condition at all.
  8. Ballto21

do you play infiltrator? i dont want to play that card because its just douchey but seriously, within 15 meters you look like walking ice, and tanks can see the shimmer, or hear the decloak, or see you decloak unless you do what an LA already does which is wait for it to be distracted shooting
  9. Moonheart

If it hear you or see you, you did things stupidly.

Take the stalker cloak, approach from behind and take a close look to the cannon.
    Stop moving when it turns toward you, resume moving when it turns elsewhere.
    You will reach it 100% of the time without him noticing it.

Try to land AI mines under tanks like that in game, and you will understand why infiltrators can't even have tank mines, and even less C4
    • Up x 1
  10. Ballto21

All im getting from you is "Infiltrators will be able to get there, so no" Itll take 3-8 minutes to sneak with stalker like that, if the tanks either aware or being shot at, and about 30 seconds to jump off a hill as a LA. Regardless of who has the mines or c4, a tank distracted will always get mined or c4 unless the gunners on lookout, if its delivered my medics, heavies, easy assaults, ing or engies. The only maybe difference i can see is the fact that you will have a slight advantage over an alert tank if you time it right, but its the same perk you have against infantry and light assaults can still very easily sneak up on alert tanks. There is no difference other than delivery method.
  11. Moonheart

You have a great misconception of how easy it is to reach a tank unoticed with a stalker cloak.
    I can bet you never truly tried to do it... well, I shouldn't blame you for that, since there is no point... I do it only for fun myself... but you should believe a bit more into the words of someone that trained in doing it dozen times more than you.

For exemple it doesn't take at all 3mn to reach an enemy tank as a stalker.
    1- Stalker run as fast as LA
    2- Stalker move longer than LA while using its ability
    => Both of them approach the tank at the same closing speed, if not, the infiltrator is faster

The true difference is there is absolutly no counter a tank driver can bring against a stalker with C4. None. At all.
    - Stalkers need absolutly no terrain advantage to close up the tank
    - People in the tank have absolutly no way to see or hear the stalker coming, so they can't react against it
    - C4 has almost immediate activation so even if people use the EOD, they will move too late

You can't give any class a tool that the target have no way to counter or protects again. It would ruin the game.
  12. Tykune

I am uncertain if they will ever improve the cloak. It was pathetic when the game first came out, and its still pathetic even today.
  13. QuantumSerpent

I've shot cloaked Infiltrators while gunning before, so...
    Besides, they can preemptively react: Move back and forth. If the Infiltrator comes from the side, they won't be able to get it on because server lag, and if they come from the back they'll get run over.
  14. Moonheart

You can shoot cloaked infiltrators because you are not their target, so they don't concentrate on you to avoid your LoS.
    That's pretty different when you are the target.
    And difficultly see tank driver move back and forth every second of the game in case a stalker with C4 would be around

That's really not a good idea to give our class such tool, believe me.

... but we would be delighted to have a kind of AP C4 and EMP grenade that weaken tanks during a few seconds, instead.
  15. Cz4rMike

Guys, honestly I don't know what your problem is, I can sit in the middle of the room, turn to watch my enemies and NOONE would notice me. I don't remember last time anyone noticed me in deep cloak. I'm not against making cloak better though, like transition times maybe. But visibility seems fine to me.

It's not impossible, I go on killstreaks as 1x BASR sniper. It just takes lot more skill.

Also, please don't spread bs about "low settings". Cloak has same visibility at every setting now.
  16. QuantumSerpent

9 times out of 10, the same is true for me. But that last 1 time means it's not the capabilities of the cloak, it's the failure of the other person. I know deep-cloaked Infiltrators are semi-visible, I've seen them before myself.

And this isn't a guy running around we're talking about (which should be visible, though not necessarily *THAT* visible). This is a person who is not moving and, given the decloaking sound and time, can't do much of anything unless you're completely not paying attention. They trade away all their capabilities for stealth, so they should actually get stealth. Besides which, it's still not uncounterable--they aren't going to stop lighting up like an LED when you shine a flashlight on them.
  17. Azimaith

I've never found a problem with moving cloak. Even though you can see it, its very hard to track as long as you make for a place to break line of sight. I've certainly had no issue with deep cloak when standing still, its amazing. Cloak's problem is the godawful racket it makes constantly with hunter cloak. It is literally audible from over a hundred meters away. I've heard infil's in the vehicle terminal room under the biolab from inside the biolab.

I can't remember the base now, but its near the traverse on Esamir (snowshear maybe) its got 3 points. A in the tower, B in an outbuilding, c in another outbuilding each over 100m away. I can hear infiltrators in these outbuildings going into cloak from inside the tower.

That, to me, is insane.
  18. QuantumSerpent

Agreed on the sound.
    And maybe it's 99 times out of 100, or 999 out of 1000, but that last one time--which I can assure you does exist, I have on at least one occasion found and headshotted (crossbow) a deep cloak Infiltrator--means that it's not the cloak that makes it work, it's the other person.

Given that you're trusting this thing with your life, you should be able to actually trust it with your life.
  19. nightbird

If they made it so that shooting while cloaked uncloaks you, but drains 100% of your batteries (you're blowing up your own cloak), that might be an acceptable compromise. Otherwise, it would be pretty OP since you'll get a free HS or two every time, this gives you a vulnerable period. Other than that, decrease the decloak sound to 25m would be good, 100m is silly.
  20. QuantumSerpent

Where did I suggest being able to shoot while cloaked?