[Clarification] Collection of ADAD warping ZOE MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, May 26, 2013.

1. sindz

Nice evidence here. Its a well known fact that infantry can warp bug/exploit w/e.

The issue is, MAX cannot do this cause they have momentum movement.

Find a ZOE MAX that does, what you just posted.
  2. NeverWas

true, movement speed is one thing , however ADAD strafing is just a series on discontinuous, different direction movement is it not ?

even if one MAX performs continuous side strafing , i highly doubt the distance from one side to the other would be larger than 3 meter, a distance in which minor movement from mouse would already be capable of keeping up.
  3. malden

I think he wants to see a video of a ZOE max doing this. Because people are claiming that its rampant with VS maxes jumping out of bushes and dodging bullets like agents in the Matrix movie. If it is that common some one should be able to post a vid of it.

Maxes build momentum even with ZOE and stopping is more like putting the breaks on in a car, at a run it take a max 2 steps to stop. I think about everyone has gone off the side of a landing pad at least once when they try a max. An ADAD macro wont work with a max.
    • Up x 1
  4. Edmon

1) No Script
    2) Lag Free

Note that with script, with lag, this will be much more pronouced. Some colleagues of mine linked me to this vid as an example of it still being able to be done (slightly) even in the worst case conditions for the effect.

At 33 seconds precisely, you will see two small jumps, this is the start of where it happens. Under laggy conditions or with the keypresses perfectly scripted, you can get this to occur constantly.
    • Up x 2
  5. Roarboar

Then you are terrible and should find another game to play. Try farmville I heard there are no complicated point and click mechanics there.
  6. sindz

Quoted just so it gets attention.
  7. Phazaar

Why is it the ZOE gets its downside scaled back as you level it up, whilst neither Aegis nor lockdown do?

NC MAX can -never- fire, and his shield gets better with level.

TR MAX can -never- move, and his rof/reload speed buff gets better with level.

ZOE MAX takes extra damage which reduces with level, whilst both its speed (allowing it to avoid more damage) and its actual damage output increase with level.

This just seems stupid to me. Even the speed increasing per level will have the same effect as reducing the armour debuff, why reduce that even further? I -wish- we had 'total damage received' stats for VS+TR+NC MAXs to have a look at this; I'd bet good money VS MAXs are far more durable right now than even a shield MAX.
  8. sindz

Sigh, you are really trying hard arent you?

This was on testserver, it got fixed. You _cannot_ do it anymore.

Until you have actual proof, please stop.
    • Up x 9
  9. NeverWas

i understand what you said, and all the points are valid nonetheless, however these points are all based on one tactics and one tactics only. Which is exploiting client side connection delays. An exploit that i believe is performed by the player instead of the fault of ZOE max.

yes i acknowledge that ZOE max's side strafing speed is what allows all the exploits, but for people with decent connection, such exploit couldn't even be execute (or near impossible to execute to say the least).

Then that arises one question, should the devs balance the ability around to the financial condition of a player (or their capability to exploit) or should the devs balance the ability around the gameplay that happens all around planetside 2, which most player are having normal connection and not abusing such exploits.

i would like to hear your opinion on this.
  10. Jkar

I suppose it wouldn't be as hard to find a video of ZOE MAX units warping around as it seems to be as about 2/3 of the entire population, if not more play against them on a regular basis. So far however there has been no conclusive evidence that ZOE MAXes warp around more than anyone else or even all the time as has been suggested in so many nerf ZOE threads.

Also in large fights ZOE is actually a disadvantage because the lowered armor value coupled with the higher visibility really hurt you there.
  11. Roarboar

What the hell was that vid, any other ZOE max ive seen doesnt even move at 30 % of that speed. Until you give an explanation of how this is done, I say that video is edited.
  12. NeverWas

would like to inform you that movement speed increment is fixed at all levels , only damage output and damage input are adjusted with levels.
    • Up x 1
  13. Edmon

It can be done. I was simply linked to this, I didn't conduct this test myself. As I said, general threads with such things in here get shut down pretty fast.

Difference is, I know it can be done because I know how the code works. I don't have to rely on my eyes, which are often the worst items of evidence gathering hardware your body happens to possess.
  14. sindz

"it can be done" again, zero evidence, nothing. If its so easy to pull off, why isnt the forum flooding with videos of it? And you know it can be done? Good thing people arent SOE dev's like you.

If I said the moon is purple and its really true, would that make it so?

Post proof.
    • Up x 2
  15. ColdCheezePizza

You sir win the internets today
  16. Lowback

Said video is from test server. Said video had the entire run speed bonus applied from normal ZOE to sprinting ZOE. Said video features a speed BEYOND that of the max travel mode, which live ZOE has never been capable of and never will be capable of.

Prove it in the current environment or stop trolling. The server code is not at your disposal, and a BA in games doesn't mean that you have designer telepathy.
    • Up x 1
  17. malden

You know the difference between turning and strafing right? A ADAD macro allows someone to aim down sights while strafing back and forth and shoot you. Unless you can win the game by dodging orange traffic cones I don't think thats very useful. You would not be able to hit anything. Sorry
  18. NeverWas

this video is not edited, it was perform in public test server at the earlier stage of ZOE Max development, do notice that the glow is silver-ish instead of purple-ish, that was how ZOE max was like before it got released.

Earlier in PTS, Zoe max gets a MASSIVE boost in speed when they activate ZOE after sprinting at full speed. (7~8m/s if i remembered correctly from my previous statistic test)

however that has been fixed in the later stage, ZOE right now is at most 50% of the speed showcased in the video.
  19. Phazaar

Correction accepted. My point remains watertight.
  20. Edmon

I believe my first video is proof and you said it was hacks. Prove that my first video was hacks and not scripted keypresses and I will get you your evidence that it can be done with ZoE.

Protip: Ever heard of spotify? If not, then don't even start on what can and can't be done with lag + a macro.