[Clarification] Collection of ADAD warping ZOE MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, May 26, 2013.

1. Edmon

I just posted the evidence. So we will see how long the thread lasts now won't we?

This can be done with any class that has standard or fast strafe speed.

This has been done at full power to show how blantant it can be, but it can be toned down to be more gentle and thus more denable.
  2. Disparu

You do realise firstly thats not even a zoe max right? Nor is that an exploit or a problem with adad? Thats just a guy lagging and is possible for ANYONE to do not only as any infantry class, but also any vehicle. You just need to cause lag on your own internet (downloading etc) and the clientside hit detection causes the rest.

It has nothing to do with strafe speed, you can even do this with galaxies and liberators. Surely everyone has seen the libs and galaxies that "bounce" through the air, flipping around then reappearing in a different position the right way up.

It makes for a terrible game though, and you realise it is happening, your end is unplayable aswell as it causes the people to pretty much stand still (boring).
    • Up x 2
  3. Edmon

Wow, I gave you the evidence and you still deny it? Are you one of those climate change nutters?

It works with ZoE Max better than any class because it has the fastest strafe speed. HA is shown here as a benchmark.

Slow **** other faction maxes can also do this, but no-where near to the same degree.
  4. jiggu

That's not a MAX, nor is he using ZOE, and that's clearly a hacker, not even ADAD spamming. The ADAD spamming is supposed to be an exploit with screwing over your positional data so even if your enemy is shooting at "you" the hits doesn't connect, you don't actually jump back and forth in place, bullets go through you. That was a hacker.
  5. Edmon

You don't have to do it full throttle like this. I picked this evidence because it shows the amazing power of it all out. Anything more boarderline would have the deniers going "OH THATS JUST STRAFING LOL" so I showed something that looks like hacking.

But this can be done with a script of normal keypresses. You don't need 3rd party injection to do it.

I am not about to admit on here that I have directly proven and/or used this myself now am I? Which I totally have not because cheats and macros are for scum. But they exist and to say otherwise in the face of this is ignorant.
  6. Disparu

You didnt give evidence of adad causing hitbox to warp. You gave evidence that people who lag warp, which can be done in ANY class, ANY vehicle, on ANY side. It has nothing to do with speed, nothing to do with abuse or exploiting and can be solved by simply kicking those with bad connections from the game as the game can easily detect these bad connections. Its a simple internet connection problem nothing to do with what keys you press, he would have lagged if he had run in one direction.

This lag you showed is just as bad when running forwards!

You may aswell have posted a video of a cheese sandwich.
    • Up x 1
  7. Edmon

I don't know what to say to you.

At which point should the script be toned down enough to make it look exactly how you want it to look? It's a sliding scale so you can have it all the way from what I showed down to hardly any effect/no effect at all.

I dunno, I guess you didn't really want evidence after all.
  8. jiggu

This discussion is about if you can do this with VS MAX using ZOE, not if the game can be hacked, and we're requestions a video proving you can do this. You're not proving anything so far.
    • Up x 1
  9. CardinaI

You do realize this Thread is about the ZOE Max strafing and not about some random infantry guy warp lagging...
    • Up x 1
  10. kuper

Without hacks you cant do this with any sort of scripts. This proves only one thing - hackers can warp around you. Not less, not more.
  11. Edmon

I JUST TOLD YOU, THIS CAN BE DONE WITH KEYPRESS SCRIPT OR MACRO. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HACK. LEARN TO READ.

EFFECT IS MAGNIFIED BY STRAFE SPEED.

ZOE HAS HIGHEST STRAFE SPEED, ERGO, THIS ADADAD MACRO HAS THE MOST EFFECT.

I will NOT go into detail about how this is done nor prove it directly using my characters because all macros are considered to be cheating as far as Sony is concerned and thus I would be banned.

You wanted proof it can be done, here it is. You decided arbitratily that it is hacking so you don't have to deal with the reality that this can be done with keyboard input alone. I hope that helps you sleep. I am done here.
  12. CardinaI

No, it cannot.
  13. Lowback

We're talking about warping caused explicitly and soley by jamming on your strafe keys. That was clearly not the same thing.
  14. NeverWas

glad there's finally a video proving the adad warping , however that isn't zoe max and we are unable to identify whether that's a connection issue from your side or his side, or if he's just plain hacking.

would be nice if more example were collected later when more people sees this.
  15. haldolium

I am fairly sure you can use hacks with every class.

The logic of his post therefore would be... well no, who am I kidding? There is none.
  16. NeverWas

as much as i would like to investigate further , the video limits itself with 360p , disallow me to zoom in to look at the minimap to identify whether that's a lag or it's something else.

do note that the damage indicator still pops up even after his death, which cause me to believe highly that he's lagging at that moment , and the damage sinks in AFTER his death.

would like to have further detail to make a conclusion, but nonetheless thank you for your effort.
  17. NeverWas

and i would also like to address that i am the OP of this thread, if you felt offended by other user which disagree with you in this thread , i whole heartedly apologize for that.

please stay calm and continue with our discussion.
  18. xXSmokeXx

Has it occurred to any of you guys that, when it comes to MAX units, warping with macros is less of an issue than normal strafing is?

You know why?

First because only a few strafers actually abuse the ADAD hit registration wonkiness. Most people just strafe.

But if an infantry just strafes but does not warp, you kill them with bullets just the same. You can't use bullets on a MAX effectively, you have to hit them with a rocket.

A slow rocket. Much slower than a bullet. So try leading your target which constantly moves erratically left and right with enough speed that actually hitting it is more a question of luck and chance than of skill.

That's the problem with ZOE strafing. They can survive a lot of bullet hits. They can't survive a lot of rocket hits, but then you can't exactly hit them reliably with rockets, can you? Unless you get up to them point blank. Good luck with that.
  19. ColdCheezePizza

movement speed is one thing, strafe speed is something entirely different. None of those things you mentioned move side to side at a ridiculous speed while shooting at you with pinpoint accuracy (Blueshifts).
  20. Edmon

You seem like a reasonable bloke so I will explain the factors for your interest, if you want to look into it.

1) Lag has an affect, the larger the battle, the more you warp with the same input.
    2) Strafe Speed is the main affector, the higher this is, the easier it is to pull off with keyboard bashing. Automated beyond human keypressing is required for it to work with slower classes (with NC/TR maxes, I would say it's near impossible). This means ZoE max can do it best. It's about 44% faster to strafe than other classes.
    3) Forcing up your graphical settings, to force down your frame rate helps with #1.

All of the above can be done without breaking any rules, provided you skip out on automatic macro keypressing. The reason it's being seen so much recently is because of ZoE strafe, which makes it far more obvious and easy to excute.