[Clarification] Collection of ADAD warping ZOE MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, May 26, 2013.

1. NeverWas

As the forum users has accused , the main reason why zoe max is so OP (or that's what TR and NC claimed it to be), is their ability to side strafe or ADAD warping frequently, messing up hit registration and thus getting them out of fights easily.

HOWEVER, things cannot be claimed solely by words of a single person, or a group of people without evidences.

Therefore, i hereby open up a thread to collect such video proof, that ZOE max ADAD warping is causing trouble for players in planetside 2. What are you waiting for forumside ? post right away and you WILL get zoe max nerf !

We dont want to listen to your cries , or words , or accuses , your 'experience', we want evidence. Then only we will acknowledge the fact that ZOE max is currently on top of the 3 faction's max ability and require some decent adjustments.

I look forward for the video clip that you provide dear forumers.

To present it further, these are the statistics of ZOE max movement increment on GU09

method of testing : set a way point and walk towards it, every time it ticks = speed per second (assumption)
    as of 22nd of may the speed of max is as mentioned below

lv 1 zoe max : 5 % increase in damage , 2.0 m/s increase in movement , 40% armor reduction , 150 cert
    lv 2 zoe max : 10 % increase in damage , 2.0 m/s increase in movement , 35% armor reduction, 200 cert
    lv 3 zoe max : 15 % increase in damage , 2.0 m/s increase in movement , 30% armor reduction, 400 cert
    lv 4 zoe max : 20 % increase in damage , 2.0 m/s increase in movement , 25% armor reduction, 500 cert
    lv 5 zoe max : 25 % increase in damage , 2.0 m/s increase in movement , 20% armor reduction, 1000 cert

Without ZOE

Max Walk Speed : 2.0~2.3 per second
    Max Sprint Speed : 4~4.5 per second (gradually increase to full speed within 1 second)
    Max Side Strafe Speed : 1.8~ per second
    Max Backward Speed: 1.4~1.6 per second

With ZOE (Max level, or 2350 certs)

Max Walk Speed : 4.3+ per second
    Max Sprint Speed : 4.7+ per second (gradually increase to full speed within 1 second)
    Max Side Strafe Speed : 3.4 per second (not factoring ADAD as i cant observe momentum)
    Max Backward Speed: 3.4 per second

Side Note

Light assault

Infantry Walk Speed: 3.2 + per second
    Infantry Walk Speed (With adrenaline pump): 3.2+ per second
    Infantry Sprint Speed : 5.0 per second
    Infantry Sprint Speed (With adrenaline pump): 5.5 ~6.0 per second
    Infantry Side Strafe Speed: 2.2+ per second
    Infantry Backward Speed: 3.0 per second

Infantry with Drifter Jetpack (Forward) : 6.0+ per second
    Infantry with Drifter Jetpack (Sideward) : 2.0+ per second
    Infantry with Drifter Jetpack (Backward) : 3.0+ per second

Magrider gliding at 50kph towards way point : 10 per second

Conclusion

Effective HP against small arms fire : 8000 hp with no regenerative shield
    DPS increment : 15~25% (depends on weapon)
    Movement Speed Increment : 100% for walking, backward and side strafing, 5% for sprinting. (or they did not touch it at all)
    Thank you SOE [IMG]
    and you're welcome forum users.

Signed
    Waterson VS
    [TBSQ] NeverWas
    • Up x 5
  2. Sumguy720

I don't have video, sorry, but as a VS player I actually have had difficulty repairing ZOE enabled MAXes because of their warping/weird motion.
    • Up x 16
  3. Glorin

Is there anyone on Connery interested in helping me make a video attempting to demonstrate the ADAD warping effect?

Personally, I'm trying to debunk this whole ADAD nonsense, but I'm happy to collaberate with someone who does not share my opinion.

I'll stream the whole thing, and I'll even construct a macro to do it on stream and we can compare just how effective it really is (or isn't).

I'll do this in a ZOE max and with the normal player model. I just need someone else to help.
    • Up x 2
  4. NeverWas

as much as i would like to help you, i'm afraid you'll have to find another partner, i'm currently in an area where i cant log into PS2.

i'll be waiting for your result. thank you for organizing this.
  5. Holomang

The real problem with the ZOE MAX is that there is no real trade-off for their massive gains in speed AND damage

TR MAXes lose the ability to move.

NC MAXes lose the ability to shoot.

VS MAXes take a bit more damage, though they still have more than enough health to live far longer than a Heavy Assault while simultaneously becoming far more difficult to hit with rockets or C4.

ZOE's handicap needs to be on par with that of other empires. That or its speed, strafe speed in particular, needs to be reduced.
    • Up x 9
  6. Glorin

Most people don't realize that the ZOE's increased movement and increased damage in most cases allows them to avoid much more damage than the reduction in armor takes in.

In other words, there is a very, very, very strong argument to suggest that the ZOE Vanu max is the most durable max in the game, in spite of the armor reduction.

In a very real sense, the ZOE ability has no drawbacks at all.
    • Up x 16
  7. QuakerOatsMan

I think the main problem is their acceleration, not their actual speed. Do you have any stats regarding their acceleration?
    • Up x 1
  8. NeverWas

i cant comment too much on this as i am unable to proof the exact acceleration without the help of some very specific tool (in which i'm unable and too lazy to find), but i'll assume all maxes reaches their max speed in about one second (the time frame when max's animation change from walk to sprint.), if so then ZOE max would've almost double the acceleration of other maxes.
  9. FuriousSquirrel

Truthfully, the armor reduction is minimal at best due to the ability to move faster and kill faster, which allows the MAX to avoid the extra damage it could receive. They strafe faster then infantry... if you believe they should be able to side strafe faster than infantry you must be crazy. This alone allows them to dodge almost any rocket. Add in latency issues and you further the issue worse than the issue we currently have with infantry side strafing.
    In the end I'm perfectly fine with the forward and backward motion, but the ability to strafe side to side faster than any infantry in the game is just silly.
    I'm not one to post videos, but if you joined another faction, and spend a good day fighting the VS, you will see the issues. I don't have to prove anything to you when you are capable of proving it to yourself.
    • Up x 4
  10. Robes

Someone who self-admittedly does not play the game right now talking about what is/isn't balanced?
    • Up x 2
  11. NeverWas

VS MAXes loses ARMOR, i think that's the most direct trade-off of all the 3 imo.

40%, 35%, 30%, 25%, 20%, is not abit , and it takes 2350 certs to cert into such extend that ZOE max takes 20% damage instead of 40%.

what does 40% increment in damage recieve means ?

it means decimeter will deal 2000 *1.4 = 2800 damage to maxes (exclude resistance as i have no info on that)
    it means 167 damage bullet will now deal 167*1.4 = 233.8 damage to ZOE maxes
    it means normal rocket launcer will deal 1700*1.4 = 2380 damage to ZOE maxes
  12. NeverWas

i mean right NOW, as in in this particular moment.

i have a max rank ZOE max lying in my account right now and i have been playing through out the weekend, check on my account.
  13. FuriousSquirrel

All this is pointless, when you can move faster side to side actually allows you to avoid the extra damage, good luck hitting a ZOE MAX strafing back and forth with a deci, ******* jokes, I've tried numerous times and before i can even line up a good shot, I'm dropped.
    • Up x 3
  14. NeverWas

sprinting infantries move faster than zoe max , does it make it harder to shoot at ?
    flash moves faster than zoe max, does it make it harder to shoot at ?
    magrider moves faster than zoe max, does it make it harder to shoot at ?
    harasser moves faster than zoe max, does it make it harder to shoot at ?

please do not forget, MAXes have way larger hitbox comparing to infantries, that makes their area of surface almost double that of infantries, and with the light it blooms out from their inner fabulous-ness, they're always the priority target among the crowd.

do think about it.
    • Up x 3
  15. NeverWas

video of proof would be much appreciated. As i've mentioned in the first post, your experience means nothing to us nor to any reader in the forum.
  16. FuriousSquirrel

I don't need to prove **** to you, you are capable of spending time on NC or TR and testing it out fighting the VS for a day. I don't post videos and I could care less making them, do it your dam self.
    SECONDLY, I was not talking about the sprinting, I was talking about the MAX"s ABILITY TO STRAFE faster then infantry, not sprint, they can move faster side to side then infantry, try hitting a MAX with a deci while he strafes. thats lolz. You can even test this out for yourself on a test server.
  17. Cougarbrit

It's as if people have never played any other game where this mechanic exists.

It is always a worthwhile tradeoff, always, especially in the form it is in now with 0 cd. They all tout how much less damage they can take but they completely ignore that that is practically negated by their ability to dodge more shots (and more importantly, C4 and rockets, the MAXes biggest threats) and their ability to drop enemies faster, which also reduces their damage taken. Which is the same exact argument people used for why the NC MAX was OP.

Then of course they'll say, 'oh it's only one shot', completely ignoring how much that extra shot can make a big difference, and how that test was done on a dummy that was being damaged by no other sources such as explosions in a highly unrealistic enviroment.
    • Up x 2
  18. Cougarbrit

Oh don't worry, momentum apparently counters that competely.

Even though it doesn't.
    • Up x 2
  19. FuriousSquirrel

Its funny though, in large fights which currently exists, throw a little latency in tehre, and momentum has zero effect. The momentum just makes it harder to tell when he actually stopped moving -.-
    • Up x 1
  20. haldolium

still no videos!

sad panda :(