[Clarification] Collection of ADAD warping ZOE MAX

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeverWas, May 26, 2013.

1. NeverWas

2. Stew360

Strafe warping as nothing to do with macros in my opinions its a game issue that happen laggy players will increase it as well as player load in X and Y area

the speed of the ZOE maxs will also amplified this issue once in a while

Also since the last 2 days the servers are pretty unstable , performance wise and stability wise

Simple as that
  3. Torok

What bothers me of the Zoe is that you can‘t kite or avoid him, if a max is too scary to be faced head on you can turn back and escape him, but against a ZOE you won‘t even have time to turn your back
    You can choose to not engage a lock-down tr max or avoid an nc one with his shield up, but the Zoe? you can‘t fight back nor you can run away
    there‘s no downside.
    Tuning down his forward movement speed is a good start imho

p.s. they will have to move strafing like the crabs they are :D

another idea? Remove the toggle and make it last for 8 seconds. with a 20 seconds cooldown
    It's an overcharge module, it should run out of gas and recharge :)
    Is my idea so mad?
  4. HadesR

Hey it's not my job to stop the ZOE getting nerfed .. Which it will if forumside gets it's way regardless of whether people have " proof " videos or not .. I was just curious as to why people hadn't used all the tool's available to them to defend against the incoming balance hammer .
    *shrugs*

I don't use NC Max's btw :) and even I know how best to use it's shield.

I think the main reason is because trying to have a logical conversation about balance is as painful as pulling teeth around here.
    The Maggie maybe got overly nerfed because neither side bothered to reach a compromise ..
    VS were " It's fine l2p " .. Everyone else " It's OP "..

So without any sound input from the player base, SOE just blindly swing a dead cat and hope to hit the sweet spot.

Seems most people only want to either nerf **** into oblivion or defend a broken toy

Balance = Getting everyone else crap made useless while wanting your own to be strong :p
  5. Izriul

Let me introduce you to one of the most biased posters on the forum. As you can see by the desperate attempt to get himself heard, an attention seeker too, and as you've read by the actual post - doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
  6. Purg

Moaning down infantry?! What ESRB rating does this game have?!
  7. kyxash

Where is Stew360 Translator??
    • Up x 2
  8. HadesR

ZOE MAX : " Oh bugger it's raining again, my back aches, fuels gone up in price "
    Enemy : " NOOOOO my ears they bleed .. We surrender "
  9. jiggu

Soldiers in tight spandex moaning at their enemies
    ho jesus
  10. Clutchstep

A lot of the complaints and comments about ZOE in this thread seem to be from the original PTS build of ZOE, rather than what was released on live. The original ZOE ran at super-speed and the PTS client was really buggy, so you did in fact get ZOE MAXes warping all over the place. They fixed the PTS client and eventually nerfed the run-speed so that you didn't see the warping anymore.
    Same goes for the ZOE damage debuff, from the tests I've seen I'm pretty sure the armor debuff is the same across all levels. I'm pretty sure the only thing that changes with the ZOE ranks is the damage buff on live, although the original PTS ZOE had a huge armor debuff that decreased with each rank.

I think the problem here is that ZOE really does create a unique experience, despite the VS complainers that hate the ability. NC and TR have to deal with a different unit type, essentially, while a VS doesn't have to change tactics much against NC/TR units using their abilities. This isn't unbalanced, per se, but it does create a gut reaction of "VS gets something we don't." I'm curious how the stats are going to pan out on the effectiveness of ZOE.
  11. Loegi

Trying to keep this objective, so there.
  12. Rk3lly

there is nothing wrong with the AD thing at all. thanks for the proof. the only change needs to be a better aegis shield

It would be cool if the aegis was wide enough to be mobile cover for other teamates.
    • Up x 1
  13. wazdar

problem is that strafing which makes zoe max really hard to hit because of bullet speed and zoe max speed (at distance), and you can't really plant any c4 because you can't even catch him, which makes a zoe max untouchable. Solution might be if zoe would only increase max speed if he's going forward.
  14. NeverWas

what makes you think a hipfigre infantry would touch an ADS infantry first before ADS infantry touching hip fire infantry ?