Chimera

Discussion in 'Cobalt (EU)' started by Vyla, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Gimpsy

Dont let it fall down 2 much =P

Sorry =)
  2. Gimpsy

hello everyone.

this post is for other outfits who are maybe interested in forming up to an alliance.

if there is any interest let us know.

.. and still lookin for member.
  3. CrossRagnarok

Hello everyone

We had a fun night yesterday by cutting of Vanu and siege their Warpgate. I hope we can do that more often.

Special thanks to the outfits and their squadleaders who were protecting our flanks.

And a shout-out to Matlock and Gimpsy leading us to our personal victory... and to the Vanu who put up quite a fight.
  4. Subatomichades

gimpsy i understand your worried about the NC alliance....we look forward to seeing some TR opposition!
  5. Thouson

Myself and a friend are looking for an outfit to join as the random squads just aren't effective.
    Question: Do you have players that play at around 6-11 pm CET?
    Greetings Thouson
  6. Matlock0

We have a squad always running at 6-11 PM CET each day and also earlier. Wednesday we had a full squad running at midnight so we are fairly active. We also do cooperation with BDSN outfit so we have additional squads in platoon to work with. Wednesday evening we had strong enough platoon to force Vanu to their WP and all the way to Esamir :).
    • Up x 1
  7. Matlock0

Likewise. I don't know if any of you guys were at the Impact Site on wednesday but it was an epic bridge fight for a good hour. Organized outfits readying defenses is what turns steamrolls into big brawls.

EDIT: Oh and don't worry about Gimpsy he gets very emotional when manages to kill an NC ;D.
  8. Thouson

Sounds awesome, how do we join?
    Add Gimpsy like it's written in the thread?
  9. Matlock0

yeah that's the easiest way. Then just hop in to the teamspeak server and you're good to go. hope you'll like it here :).

Just to let you guys and everyone else know, here's a little breakdown of what styles of combat we do:
    - Sunderer squads (well certed sunderers with full mineguards to storm towers and such)
    - Galaxy drops (again, gunship galaxy with A30 Walkers and Bulldogs to support the ground troops once dropped), if we feel like it we have few mosquitos covering them.
    - Prowler power! We run 2-5 prowlers (deploy utility recommended) + ammo sunderer with AA maxes to cover prowlers. Also skyguards with disciplined fire (so we can fire in unison so that the liberators actually die).
    - We also like defending a lot. Usual spots are Quartz ridge, Hvar Northeast gate. We also defend indirectly by aggressively taking surrounding territories of a hotspot to cut off the enemy, then joining the big fight.
    It's all about where we predict the enemy will come and almost more important is to be ready before it's too late.
    - Defending includes locating their spawn sunderers and killing them with a) Mines b) prowlers c) Mosquitos. One of the more successful tactics we have is to place good spawn beacons which we can use to drop pod directly into their spawn sunderers and mine them/ C4 them.

We're not all that focused on one type of combat since usually we need versatility to beat the odds. Because of this it's good to use all classes when needed. Not necessary but recommended. Being the infiltrator because you like sniping when tanks are all over us is not a good idea trust me :).
    - Too many tanks around, switch to heavy. No medics in squad, switch to medics and so forth.
  10. Gimpsy

well done mat givin our tactics to our enemys :p
    hopefully the fight will be a littlebit harder now since you know how we operat ;)

for everyone who is interested
    we can laugh and have a funny good time together

BUT

when **** got serious i want discipline and that everyone follows the command of the sqaudleaders
    thats the key of our success ! even if we are fighting a 1 to 4 fight

join us if thats what you are lookin for

just add me or mat to your friendlist
  11. kingduckling

hello!im speaking for 3 people,there only 1 thing we dont like casuals that think theyre hot **** on wheels(OMG I PLAY THIS GAME 2 DAYS I HAVE THE BEST INSIDE ON THIS GAME GUYS HUR DUR DUR.....i always picture this in caps),its not like we dont like casuals we just dont like the type of described previously.
    i would like to ask you some questions.
    how many people are usually online in prime time?
    operations...how often?for how long?AND how casual you roll in ops?
    do you have a website?if you do what if i say no to registration?

also ignore the link in my sig its dead just too lazy to remove it.
  12. Matlock0

how many people are usually online in prime time?

Nowadays it's around 12 to 24 + other outfits working with us in the platoon with their own separate squads.

operations...how often?for how long?

Everyday pretty much. After 6 PM CET there's usually bunch of players to play with to midnight and sometimes beyond.

AND how casual you roll in ops?

We are pretty casual I'd say, no pressure if everything doesn't go always as planned. Altough if there's more than 8-10 people in TS I would advise to cut down on the amount of jokes and chat so that squad leaders can be heard and teamspeak is not cluttered with too much chatter, just so people don't ask multiple times "where were we supposed to redeploy?".

do you have a website?if you do what if i say no to registration?

We do have a website but it's not required to apply or register, just contact Gimpsy or Matlockk in game for outfit invite, then join teamspeak
  13. Nicolai Mandrag

I'ld really like to see more people on the forums. Beeing able to read the forums, discuss tactics and read up on planned OPs makes it so much easier to coordinate.
    Just consider it - Its not asking for any sensitive information or bothers you with spam.
  14. Gimpsy

15. Tactical Violence

Guys,

Consider this both a free /bump and a request to join.
    Read the whole thread and you guys sound great. Just what Im looking for. Would appreciate an invite. I also have 2 r/l friends who play and would probably join too.

I primarily play LA, thats where my heart lies, but I swap classes to suit the situation. I love getting behind the enemy and bringing down the shields so the crew can roll in. I just love causing trouble for NC and VS :)

Also been learning my war around the Mossie. Im no badass pilot yet but Im working on it. Can happily fly Gals and Libs but Im not a farmer.

Let me in please :) I guess TS details are given out in game..?
  16. Vyla

Hello Tactical Violence,

You can add Vyla, Gimpsy or Matlockk ingame and ask for an invite, alternatively I can invite you if your forum and game names are the same. I'll be about for most of the evening.

It'd be good to have another LA along, we're sadly lacking for the time being. We almost always have co-ordinated squads up and I'm sure they'd all welcome you onboard.

TS details etc will all be provided once you're a member.
  17. Tactical Violence

Hi Vyla, thanks for the reply. Gimpsy let me join after asking me loads of questions in game :)
    I'm not sure he values LA as much as you seem to, but I'll do my best to convince otherwise! Obviously I swap class as needed buy I love the flexibility la offers.

I played with about 10-15 guys (inc gimpsy and matlock) for about 4 hrs and had a real blast. It is a learning curve playing with a propper outfit. My previous one was huge but only zerged with superior numbers. Which to be honest anyone can do.

The true test of any platoon or outfit is how well, and how much damage you can do when you face superior numbers and are losing and being pushed back. That's when I see zurgy platoons get crushed and scattered. And that's the toughest situation to lead a platoon in.

Everyone I played with were very experienced, knew what they were doing and acted as a unit. Very impressive. I hope in time I prove to be a worthy member. Until then I'll work my *** off trying to be :)

Some of the TS comments and banter made me laff so hard I had to mute my mic at one point. Some funny guys.

Violence
  18. KatanaHero

I'm looking to join an outfit and I like the look of Chimera. I've only been playing for a few days and started as an Infiltrator for VS and achieved BR10 before deciding to switch over to TR and playing as a LA (currently BR6). I really enjoy the times I've joined a squad that actually communicates/co-ordinates and would like to as often as possible now. I've added you all ingame and look forward to hearing from you. Going to work at 13:30GMT and will be online either tonight at 22:00GMT or Sunday aftertoon at 16:00GMT.

KatanaHero
  19. Prup

GO GO Gadget stuff
    We be goin up, cos were the top 2 on the server as the word goes and ppl say and some crap stat **** back this up
  20. Gimpsy