Can we finally level NC to TR and VS standards?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Armatrax, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Armatrax

I see the very same **** happening every day on Cobalt Server. The NC Zerg comes rolling and thanks to the absolute imbalance of this game, there's nothing to stop it.

I'm talking about mass launches of Phoenix TV missiles from spawn rooms. Every other weapon in the game has been nerfed down to uselessness (like engineer AV turrets to 300m) but our NC friends can happily cash in their kills from home office. Total bollocks!

But since that is not enough, there come the Vanguard colums with their "I'm invincible" shields. And when i'm talking about columns, i mean multiple vehicles which thanks to all the nerfs to AT-weapons roam around at their will.

And if you thought that 's it, nope, they are doing the very same then storming bases with their shield wielding Maxes, same result as with for the tanks.

Playing on VS side, our MAX is made from paper and it's special ability is absolutely useless.

Can anyone from the dev team give a good explanation for this mess? Are we all supposed to play NC now, or what's your great idea behind it?
  2. That_One_Kane_Guy

[IMG]
    • Up x 10
  3. CplRDaWiggy

Need beer and nachos for this one, perhaps a drumroll for ambiance.
    • Up x 1
  4. LordKrelas

Well, I thought this was going to be the opposite, and was oddly amused the prospect of it.
    Was disappointed, as that would've been even better to read.
  5. Armatrax

Can we get something else besides pointless remarks. May everyone who think it's perfectly fine to let Phoenix Spawnroom warriors keep their home office, while everything else is nerfed to obsolescence raise a hand please?
    • Up x 1
  6. LordKrelas

Well, You could try to use a Phoenix outside a spawn-room, and see how that fares.
    Could see the flip side of the Vanguard, when it lacks the shield (Or read the numerous threads, that are asking for a replacement ability, due to it's nature making it either OP or useless)

And also recall what the Prowler has \ does.
    Add in the situational nature of a lot of NC weaponry, and yada yada.
    But either way , will be a salt fest.
    • Up x 2
  7. Campagne

I think it's fine.

The Phoenix is one of if not the lowest DPS AV weapon in the game, depending on range. It's also the only weapon which totally removes all control the player has over his character model and is the only projectile in the game which can be shot down and entirely ignored.

If you die to a Phoenix, spawnroom or not, it was your own fault.
    • Up x 1
  8. NXR1

Really the only imbalance is in MAX abilities, NC has a super shield, TR has an AA deployment and VS has a suicide button.

And onto the problem of phoenix spawnroom warriors I fully support devs not allowing anything to be shot out of the spawnroom not just phoenix's and not just rockets, if you're getting so badly beaten that you're stuck in the spawnroom the entire cap then redeploy.
  9. Armatrax

The issue with Phonenix is the following:
    1.) It can be fired from Spawnroom without any risk or danger to the operator, he'll remain 100% safe and can repeat this without any countermeasure
    2.) Phoenix Damage according to Planetside Wiki is 875. Standard Launcher Damage is 725. Engineer AV Turret is 700 and gets immediatley useless after 300m, while Phoenix flies on
    3.) Recent NC tactics even used for offense is to have several Phoenix Spawnroom warriors who fire them safely from Spawnroom. There is no other weapon in the game that allows similar

The issue with Vanguards:
    Surely you can try to flank and attack the sides of shielded vanguards. But they come in Zerg-Packs, thus effectively shielding each other and practically dominate the battlefield.

The issue with NC Maxes:
    In most cases they come with their max shields and shotguns. Inside buildings it's practically pointless to attack them, as there are not much choices for flanking attacks. Outside you'd have to try light assault+c4, though the shoties make a formidable FlaK.

This Imbalance is NC-specific and multiplies + amplifies in the usual NC Zerg. Feel free to test it yourself.
  10. adamts01

Once I got my TR to level 100, I started an NC and VS character just to try their toys, and I've bought and used all the usual suspects. My VS is now 78 and my NC 87. NC doesn't have all the best things, but it does have most of them.

What each faction has going for it.

VS
    • Magriders farming bases from hills
    • Magriders more easily evading cloaked Fury/Deci flashes, Daltons, and Hornets
    • Saron
    • Lasher. I know, I know, it's not MLG, but it's incredibly good at suppression and holding choke points.
    • Scythe front hit box
    • Scythe's Hornets actually going where you aim them
    • Very good guns
    • Great colors for night fights
    • Teamwork
    TR
    • Striker, seriously, you don't abuse this launcher nearly enough, especially in Valks
    • Prowler having two chances to OHK infantry
    • The Vulcan isn't a shadow of what it was, but it's still better than the others
    NC
    • The Vanguard
    • ESF guns, all of them are easily the best in the game
    • Canister is the best AI gun by a large margin
    • The Phoenix is incredible. Yes, it shoots from spawnrooms, but it's incredibly effective from behind hills, which are everywhere that armor columns fight. They're just not the best for your K/D
    • The NC Max. Hands down, absolutely beast mode, zero contest, one of the most broken things in the game
    • The best guns, especially considering fps and rpm being linked
    Now, when it comes to what matters, NC is far and away the most powerful faction. Their Maxes dominate point holds/takes, their ESF has undoubtedly the highest potential with its insane dps, and the Vanguard will dominate any other MBT if equal skill is concerned.
    The VS downplays how nice it is having a MBT get places no other ground vehicle could dream. They also don't admit how effective the Lasher is.
    TR doesn't understand how good the Striker actually is, and they never will until they fly for the other factions.
    • Up x 3
  11. MuggieWara

TR also has something else thats OP.

THE MUSIC!

(Also the Banshee and T1-Cycler are really good.And we USED to have the best MBT before the ner...eghh "playstyle change",excuse me.)
    • Up x 1
  12. JibbaJabba

Go play NC.

/shrug.

No, seriously. Go do it. You'll be back here in a few months with the same rant about TR or VS.

I've got 5 avatars. I've played all the factions to a pretty reasonable depth. It's the same everywhere. You'll hear the same griping about "oh faction X always double teams us so that faction Y wins". The NC guys curse the banshee the same as the VS guys curse the Airhammer. Both TR and NC fight each other during hossin nights for a reason. Both fire whiff decimator misses and magriders. All three swear the other two are biased.

Seriously. Go play the other factions. It's good for you. Learn what makes them curse, then go back to your main faction and do that thing.

If you're commanding, learn how to deal with an asymmetrical fight. Zergs can be fractured, confused and stopped by an inferior force. If you're not commanding, find a leader who can do this.

Above all: Teamwork is overpowered. If they are doing it and you aren't, you're gonna have a bad time.

And if it makes you feel better: I'm joining you. I do know how to fight zergs and we'll kill them together. I'm grinding further into my VS avatar guy right now, and semi-retiring my ASP 100 main.
    • Up x 2
  13. Gustavo M

This... so much this. If you are engaging a organized group as a loner... chancess that you -WILL- get your **** served -- no matter if you are a great shooter or not.
  14. JibbaJabba

A great list.

I would add the Orion to the VS list. That LMG is so utterly delightful to use. It's got to be one of the best starter weapons across all classes and factions.

The TR MAX mercis and pounders are a blast. The TR is always worried about the boogeyman NC Max and they don't appreciate just how fearsome it is to see a red max.

The magrider top guns are my favorite in the game.

I'll also stress that striker. TR are fools for not abusing that more. Every heavy in the squad should be ready to focus fire those at all times. When you combine this with a lockdown TR max you guys get a "dome" of anti-air over any fight you are involved in. I'm not sure you appreciate this until you play other factions where the dome doesn't exist. TR don't experience the airhammer fear the same way VS do. The banshee on the other hand gets to run amok.
  15. adamts01

A couple moths ago I would have agreed with you on the Banshee. But that nerf taking away half of its direct hit damage really ruined the gun, especially against Maxes. I'm a big air hammer fan, at least on the giving end.
  16. Trigga

The Vanguard shield is not 'invincible'. It simply increases the damage reduction % that all vehicles have against all weapons.
    A Vanguard with its shield active can still be killed.
    Even when it completely stopped all incoming damage it still had a hitpoint value and could be broken.
    Which nerf to AV weapons?

The VS TR and NC max all have the same hitpoints, non are made of paper.
    The shield is the best ability yes for pointholding, all maxs should have this instead of a second gun, 1 gun 1 shield, 1 pointbreaker, no cert printing killing machine.

Well kind of, youre supposed to play all three factions and decide which playstyle you like, thats the important part, the playstyles, each empire plays different. Learn what you like.

Countermeasure - shoot the rocket down, its easy.

Phoenix max range 300m. It does not just fly on after 300m, it explodes.

New NC tactic for offense is to shoot phoenix from spawn room? o_O
    That doesnt make sense, since it has a 300m range theres no way you can sit in a spawn room and attack another base.

The issue with vanguards is they zerg?
    Pretty sure that isnt tank specific, hell it isnt even empire specific. Everyone zergs, learn to love it.

As above, the shield need to be NS.
    There is 0.3s difference between an NC max and the others TTK, as has been proven many times. With the increased survivability of the shield the other maxs would be equals due to the sustained damage they can output. IMO of course, we need tests.
    Yes, please test NC yourself, your knowledge of their weapons is woefully inadequate.

Kind of an ironic question considering all the stuff youve gotten factually wrong.
    • Up x 2
  17. Pacster3

What are you tryint to say? I mean, I hope TR and NC fight each other even during Hossin nights...cause it's a three-way thing and 2 ain't fighting each other that's a balance problem. If you want to claim that TR and NC fight each other more during Hossin nights then I'd like to see some stats on that...cause seriously, I never noticed that pattern on Cobalt.
  18. JibbaJabba

They don't do that on Cobalt? Do you not factor day night more strongly on hossin (and amerish) and also Vanu visibility?

It doesn't lead to outright double teams or anything. TR and NC still fight each other. But TR and NC commanders will, if initiating a new campaign, pick each other instead of the VS at night if other factors are equal. If it's non-alert time and I don't have an obligation to fight one or the other, I'll hit TR/NC at night and VS during day. It just makes sense to do so.

If you're not factoring this, try it. Your troops K/D will get a nudge.
  19. JibbaJabba

I wouldn't begin to know where to get the data you're asking about though. Sorry.
  20. Pacster3

So it's just your personal opinion. I get it.

I don't know what I shall think about a leader who would base his strategical decisions on some subjective feeling of what will rise the K/D and what not. I want my side to win...not to have the best K/D possible. So even if you would be right about the K/D-thing(and I SERIOUSLY doubt that), it would not matter to me...