[Suggestion] Bring back travel mode!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Cryptek

well removing their ability to sprint normally and replacing it with travel mode, would go a long way to making them slower (but at the same time mobile in the grand scheme of things) More bullet resistance is always good too, but I doubt you'll find a MAX player who's against that :p
  2. Hosp

BF3 had this...they should implement it here :rolleyes:
  3. Cryptek

what?.... What?.... I dont even.. What?
  4. Hosp

Reference to a PSU thread. Devs will implement BF3 ideas before PS1 ideas. Hence, refer to PS1 as BF3.
    • Up x 1
  5. Coolcat33333

I support this thread 100%
  6. Shiaari

I remember travel mode. Upvote for the OP.

SOE make it happen.
  7. Efferil

I endorse this idea!
  8. Cryptek

bump for great justice.

Also: They brought back autorun! now it just needs to be changed to travel mode for MAXes :p
  9. shakkar

i really dont know why its not in allready....
    autorun is in, first step..
    now bring back travelmode.
  10. forkyar

not a good enough reason.
  11. hardes13

transformers ;P max with a flash look and the same manoveribility ;P
    It would also be ok, if the weapons could be used, with a simelar radius as the flash... and of course no manoveribility upgrades ;P aiming with that lightning is realy hard ;P
  12. Cryptek

not exactly sure what you're getting at? You want the MAX to transform into a flash?

Also dear god no, you should not be able to fire your guns while in travel mode, the whole point of travel mode is that it depowers yours guns, to prevent **** like a dual hacksaw MAX driving around in travel mode instagibbing people, while moving at a speed no infantry can match.
  13. b0nsa1

14. Cryptek

15. Gobmi

I support your cause!
  16. hardes13

yeah travelmode without guns would be ok but nonsence.
    I thought of the max turn into a car simelar to a flash, with both guns, but tha limited firearc of the flash ( and of course slower). and without a handling upgrade. aiming that way is horrible and nearly impossible at close range from my experiance... so i think it would be ok to have the guns, and a unarmed travedmode makes no sence, because the max is a combatsuite
  17. Cryptek

No it's not nonsense and there's two reasons for that:

one is balance.

But the other since you don't seem to care about that part is this: If you run a marathon, you are not a stable firing platform, hell your arms are pumping up and down like pistons when you do that.. Now imagine that x3 or even x4, because the MAX would be running faster than any human being ever could. You would not be able to aim for jack.
  18. Arcanum

I don't know why you're taking that seriously, Cryptek. But you're not supposed to.
  19. hardes13

you misunderstand me. I care for ballance, but it does not matter for ballance sake if the travel version can shoot, as long as its realy bad doing it. And a travelmode with weapons would make more sense, even when it´s more usefull to transform back to normal than trying to hit anything.
    basicly gunning with the flash is horrible in meele and with range it´s ... difficult but ok. Since the standard flash with the anti infantir MG ist better than the max arms at range and meele can be countered just by sidestepping, why not a armed travelmode? it can´t be better than anyone with a flash, that spend manover certs on his flash, right?

tldr: ballance travel mode bye making shooing realy difficult instead of not allowing shooting.
  20. wingspan

Not necessarily a bad idea, but since we can use the "Deploy" reliably as MAX now, I don't think you'll see developer priority.