[Suggestion] Bring back travel mode!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Jan 19, 2013.

1. InMedeasRage

You don't think this would be a game breaking addition. Give it to many thousands of players and you'll get someone who comes up with an easy to use and reproduce 2 step strategy to completely break the game with it.
  2. Matthew Clark

If you have found such a strategy, tell us oh wise one.
  3. Cryptek

I don't have to wait for that.. It was called a MAX crash in PS1, want a video of what happens when a third of a factions contient population suits up in MAXes? (and we're talking proper MAXes that are bulletproof, have guns that will slaughter infantry and take 3 decimator shots to kill) then charge into a base all at once?

Because that happened, all the time in PS1..
    This however is a game where you can stop that MAX crash with what, 5-10 guys with c4 (depending on size of MAX crash)

You don't need 3 deci shots per MAX any more :p You can gun them down with regular carbines. And hell there aren't even any spawn tubes for the MAXes to blow up any more.

Not to mention that Charge is a lot more viable when it comes to crashing an actual base (since there's no 2 second delay before you can start firing), Travel mode just lets you get from base to base.
  4. Nintyuk

Hopefully the rumble seat will be a bit of a band aid to this issue until they fix it proper. It could be activated after sprinting for a certain distance then hitting charge. It should hit like a Freight train if you crash in to any thing.
  5. Cryptek

Whatever possessed people to think they'll let MAXes ride on the rumble seat? The MAX is bigger than that dainty little thing!
  6. Nintyuk

Because the rumble seat in the buggy is confirmed to take MAX's and SOE haven't confirmed or denied it works the same way for the flash. Also the new flash is a lot chunkier around the back axle.
  7. Dimachaerus

Bumping for justice, and once again saying ALL MY YES.

Would also rock if maxes could "roadkill" infantry while using charge. Would make getting in the "deadzone" a very dangerous thing for any infantry. Should also be able to roadkill while in travel mode.
  8. Tungsten

Soo about not being able to hotdrop in a place you want to anymore.
  9. Xocolatl

Obligatory bump for the day.
  10. Xocolatl

Obligatory bump for the day.
  11. Highway_Star

I was kinda hoping the new flash passenger seat would be open to the MAX. :(
  12. Cryptek

I don't get why people thought that.

First, the flash is a scrawny little thing, it'd be crushed if a MAX sat on it.

Second, consider how fragile the flash is, so many things that one shot it, would you really want to sit your expensive MAX down on that? because that sounds like a sure fire way to lose it to me.
  13. Highway_Star

yeh that's all correct. The biggest reason I don't buy maxes is because I get left behind all the time. Getting on a flash is a better alternative to going to a terminal and switching class, which is the current status quo even if you're in squads or and outfit.
  14. Zakuak

Sounds kinda corny but at the same time, what the hell haha.
  15. Imposer

I really like the max and would cert into it more if the base VS gun was better. I would play Max a lot but I can't justify the certs with the way it is right now. Add Travel mode.
  16. Quiiliitiila

I'd love to see some sort of travel mode for us, but I'd like to see them be empire specific :p
  17. CruelStriker

Bump because it is sorely needed...
  18. Cryptek

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE.

What with the MAX update being around the corner.
  19. K3STR3L

After over 100+ hours playing as a max unit I would like to see some sort of travel mode for it as I am getting tired of being left by selfish so called team players just leaving me behind and making me walk on average 600m to the next fight.
    When my friends are on it is not a issue but late at night and playing with pubs it can get depressing. I can only imagine how bad it is for people who are 100% lone wolfers.
  20. Zephirenth

I would cry tears of joy if this was implemented. No longer would I have to wait for the galaxy pilot to pick me up, then wait some more because he forgot.
  21. Quiiliitiila

There is a travel mode being implemented, it was briefly in the test server, but no one was able to use it. Apparently it is going to be a passive system that allows you to accelerate while not in combat to vehicle speeds. I'm assuming that each level will increase speed and warm up time by X amount.