[Suggestion] Bring back travel mode!

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Cryptek, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Galhans

I could hug you for bringing this up :D
  2. Cryptek

Deploy has a huge cooldown, also it doesn't exactly let you be picky about where you want to go. If any other class wants to go on an adventure across the map, they're free to do so, the MAX should have an option to do the same :p
  3. D-Spirith

Definetly agree, travel mode must be reborned. I hate runnung from base to base caughing and suffocating like Cartman.
  4. Cryptek

I hope everyone supporting this thread also remembered to post on Higby's twitter, back when he asked what 1 thing you'd remove or add to the MAX class.
  5. Onetoo

Good idea!

It can be very frustrating to help cap a base as a Max only to then see all the sunderers drive off before you can get in one. You can either drop your 100 infantry point max frame, deploy to a limited number of areas, or simply trudge at a snails pace to the next battle (which will of course be over by the time you get there).
    • Up x 1
  6. Cryptek

If you don't want it to be used all the time you could always add in MAX Booster terminals at all bases, having to stand on it to charge up your systems, it will then allow you to enter travel mode, however if you disable it then you cannot start it up again, without getting to a new terminal.

Just something! It's okay if it has limitations, it just needs to be an option.
    • Up x 2
  7. Xocolatl

100% want. Would be very sensible. I don't think there is any balance issue here, since you will still get there slower than redeploying, and you are also still slower thank tanks.

My only concern: if the game treats you as a "vehicle", I'm afraid it will give rise to some nasty bug with ammunition refilling (whether to treat it as vehicle or infantry). It seems like something that should be clear (yes, you're a frikkin infantry), I KNOW it is going to be budged up at least for an entire patch.
  8. TommyDanger

I think this is especially important given the upcoming MAX abilities which would presumably take the charge ability slot.

A MAX needs a way to get around that isn't 100% reliant on Sunderers and Galaxies.
    • Up x 1
  9. kukuman

bulletproof and travelmode !!!! PS1 rulled by max authority ! without being maxside ! let maxes be free !
  10. Rentago

they turned travel mode into that quick dash and regular sprint thing.

it was like they decided "people only use travel mode to close gaps between enemies"

not tthat it was actually used to get around large expanses.

When you sprint, you begin to ramp up speed until you notice the cap is actually lesser then that of a regular foot soldier.

Your charge sprint is like a super dash to cover or something.

Kinda hate that they did that, should just remove that sprint charge thing and simply allow our sprint to ramp up slowly but surely to a fast enough speed to compete with a sunderer.
    • Up x 2
  11. Arcanum

Give us a half-***** 10 resource cost no cooldown MAX vehicle purchasable in MAX only terminals inside shielded rooms if there are concerns with travel mode. If it's done right there would be no problems, other than people using MAXes way more often. And MAXes are not that resilient in the first place, dying to vehicles/turrets almost as easily as infantry does. There's also the fact that there's no way to survive your vehicle being destroyed if you're still using it at the time it's blown up and this vehicle would probably be similar to the flash.
    Interesting. Was it actually stated or is that just a (good) guess?
  12. PwNrJoKeR

Bump for good faith. Bring back travel mode for MAX!
  13. Dimachaerus

All my yes. All of it.

Make the max autorun Empire specific too.

TR goes fastest by a little bit, but can't turn quite as well. make it like a thruster assisted run/leap, not so much leaping upwards, but more of a "long step" kind of leap. They'd be able to hop small obstacles (increased jump height by a bit) easily as well.

VS goes the slowest overall, but has the most control. They'd use a little mag-lev pack, hover a foot or so off the ground, able to strafe while travelling. Would also act to reduce fall damage.

NC has middle of the road speed, slightly slower acceleration, better braking. The NC would use lower leg mounted tread units, think like the "Heavy Gear" robots, or a big armored rollerblader.

Would definitely add to the immersion that you are a raging badass in a big armored suit of charging death.
  14. TeknoBug

Or they can just increase the speed of autorun. I autoran from Xelas to the Bastion last night, oh what a scenic trip I had.
  15. Dimachaerus

Know that feeling, you really get to appreciate the beauty of Auraxis that way.

Till some random ESF spots you and lolpods you that is.
  16. Playful Pony

YES. Just saw this in your sig, spread the word X3. Such a thing would be brilliant, but maybe increase the power-up and power-down times a bit so that it becomes unviable for combat situations. If it's limited to travel because it simply wouldn't be pratcial in other scenarios I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.
  17. JudgeDeath

VS Travelmode design !!! Double offer new design for the VS AV Max weapons !

Now how cool and superior would this be ? All wrapped up in one nice video with german voiceovers :D
  18. Anchor IV

This is just another one of those things that benefit from having friends around. Join an outfit, get some pals playing. Sounds to me like you're playing solo and that's when PS2 is at it's worst.
  19. Cryptek

Sounds to me like you have no idea of what you're talking about. When you're done trying to label people under false assumptions and have an actual argument for not putting in a key feature, come back.
  20. Rubius

This game is so bad compared to a game developed 10 years ago. You would think developers would learn and build on other objects, but no. Instead we have Higby and his mighty Hex system.

The OP is right, bring back the damn travel mode.