BLM claims racism in planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDooBreff, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConradHorse

Now imagine that some crazy ALM (Australian BLM) sued you for calling him / her "bushman" instead of "Australian Zealandian"
    To me, the abuse of political correctness is as ridiculous as Monthy Python's gags and it's sad that it became legal trend. Moreover, you can call someone "white" but you can't call someone "black" not being accussed of rascism. That's pure RASCISM.
    • Up x 2
  2. DooDooBreff

racism in america ATM is profitable, and is a good tool for election season. thats it

do the aborigines pull this kind of crap in australia?
    • Up x 1
  3. ConradHorse

At least in America it's made for profit. Because here, in Europe it's purely ideological.

"Unknown people of South or African origin look" sexually offended and robbed thousands of German women in New Year's Eve .

Total nonsense.

Any extremum is bad. I don't condone racism or extreme nationalism but extreme i'd call it equalism (because it definitly isnt liberalism as the Europarliament wants to induce) is as bad as those two (actually it's communism).
    • Up x 1
  4. Anonymous Qwop

Since I'm black man and I play this game, I felt the need to post on this thread.

Squads were obviously named after card suits, so let's just move on. We don't need a discussion about race on these forums, it's just f*cking stupid. Both sides are taking this out of proportions. This is neither the time or place for a discussion about racism and race.

"Spades" isn't going to change racism in online gaming. Many gamers from all games (including this one) say racist ****. Most of these gamers who say racist **** only do it because they feel empowered behind a computer screen.

To the OP's best friend hope this helps:
    1. Mute/Report racist players.
    2. Try to convince the games to put more effort at stopping racism in games. (You could PM me for support)
    3. Quit and make your own game where you are in control. (I'm trying to do this one.)
    • Up x 5
  5. ConradHorse

The fact that we have to discuss this and that the problem of tagging normal people with stereotype categories like colour, nation, religion, gender, skills, abilities, etc. prevails in XXIc leads to only one conclusion - that the humanity hasn't matured yet, although fortunately there are more people who live over it.
  6. Joexer

"Only in Florida" was my first thought. The BLM is kinda reaching at times. And I'm part black.
    • Up x 1
  7. AxiomInsanity87

How much black though?

You self discriminating bro? ;)
    • Up x 2
  8. Taemien

I think its a bit more complex than that.

When I was growing up, I really do remember there being racially different kids everywhere I went. In pre-school, elementary school, extra-curricular stuff like sports and such. But that's all it ever was, a different skin color and maybe different hair. No biggie right? Everyone's skin is a slightly different color, everyone's hair is different. I didn't see it as anything other than people being people.

Some time when I was about 9 or 10 they had us go to a short class, I'd say about 20 minutes. They explained people are different and that you shouldn't pick on them because they were. Alright no big deal there, no one was doing that anyway. I mean other than picking on each other for names, clothing, and so on, you know typical kids doing their thing. It wasn't down racial lines. If I had to say anything, whites were picking on whites the most.

As I said earlier in the thread. Some of my black friends segregated themselves from their white friends to be with their black friends. To this day I don't understand why. We grew up in the same neighborhoods. Our parents worked the same jobs. So it didn't make any sense. What the hell did skin color have to do with anything?

I didn't know what racism was until I joined the Army. And it wasn't whites picking on non-whites, but the other way around. I've never heard racial slurs used in frustration till then. But it was from people who were frustrated from being picked on or singled out because of being white. They had friends and comrades who were different races, even hung out with them. But when they got picked on, it came out under their breath or in off conversations. This was done mainly by those in leadership positions, normal soldiers never did that. And they didn't do the normal self-segregation I saw in Middle and High School. Maybe things are getting better there, I don't know.

I don't know if some of these people treated whites the way they did because they were picked on. I couldn't even imagine what it was. But reverse discrimination is real and with all this stuff in the news, and comparing it to how it was growing up in the 80's. I can definitely tell its gotten worse. I've never picked on someone because of race, never judged, none of that. No one I've ever associated with has ever done it either. So what the hell is going on?

Put politics aside so we can see this issue a bit clearer and identify the source is what I say.
  9. Casey B

I imagine someone took the fact we have the word "spades" in our game and informed BLM of that in a purposely out of context manner leading to their outrage. If I'm right, its a classic example of certain individuals purposely trying to sabotage and drive wedges between the people.
  10. Badname707

Again, the **** the OP described DID NOT HAPPEN. I'm 100% certain that BLM does not care that spades are a category in a videogame. If a BLM guy did care, it still 1. does not matter to the movement and 2. isn't anyone's concern. Move along, please. The ignorance in this thread is getting out of hand.
    • Up x 1
  11. Shiaari

That's completely false, and if someone is calling you racist because you referred to a black person as black, then you're being trolled.

It's OK to describe people of color as being "black." Also, a little self deprecating humor goes a long way.
    • Up x 3
  12. Joexer

About half maybe a little more. Ya know. A lot of people tell me that. But tbh people do think of me as whitewashed. I grew up in nice wealthy california suburbs. I sound "white" and am told it by almost everyone i know. I wish i was lying but i am a little afraid because i am a black male. It kinda sucks sometimes. :$.

I ussually never go this deep into me online but im trying to have a presense on a rc community board now that i have a business selling drones. Any questions... ask away.
    • Up x 1
  13. thebigbortishbort

No , they don't really even make it into politics as far as i remember , though on a further note i don't think your arguement is credible any longer , due to sake of being ironic for giggles.

were you against pseudo racism or with it , its all confusing now.
  14. Hegeteus

This thread has gone pretty far without anything solid been shown :7 It's just "Person X said Y" and has a clickbait title
  15. thebigbortishbort

Im actually surprised it hasn't been closed down
  16. DooDooBreff

i never expressed what my stance is, just what my friend said when he called me

that said im against racism, and i think the BLMs heart is in the right place, but does stupid things to achieve their goals
  17. Jubikus

To be fair closing threads like this is tricky. Even tho its completely legitimate if they do close it people would be like "omg they are censoring it it must be true" so its kind of a lose lose.
  18. DooDooBreff

What does florida have to do with a national organization like BLM?

do only dumb McDonalds employess only live in florida as well? or are you saying only the dumb BLM members are in florida.

BRB letting my best friend know about what youve said, will update later today
  19. Badname707

Pack it up dude. This bit is dead.
  20. DooDooBreff

you need to pack it up....

this dude is just a plain old statecist, and im callin him out for it.

youre just mad because you keep begging for this thread to die, while you keep coming back to bump it... get a life, weirdo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.