BLM claims racism in planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDooBreff, Jan 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpartanPsycho

Says a moderator of the buffoning post.

Keep trying to keep up, okay. Leftists policies are still cancer and fail daily.

Oh, by the way, when you're under a tyrannical regime you will wake up and wonder how you ever thought your opinions now were correct/good.

Have a nice life, and don't be the American Idiot :)
  2. Obscura

No, it's an exercise on calling it like I see it, because it needs to be done once in a while. Nothing to do with you, or a crusade against you, just the false and pretentious idea you have of political neutrality being personally writing to DBG to change the name of a rainbow flag called "pride banner" because of it's political nature for the sake of political neutrality. If you can't see the hypocrisy in that you are beyond words.

Get some thicker skin.
  3. Cyropaedia

Mind you. Like you became the most disinterested, non-political person here when you revealed that your roommate is a lesbian. LOL
  4. Obscura

Not my room mate, my friend, people have those you know, along with girlfriends and wives, families, lives etc . I just mentioned her to prove a point that you really don't know what you're talking about, at all.

And really I don't even have to point that out anymore, you made that abundantly clear all by yourself lmao :)
  5. Cyropaedia

lol. I rest my case.
  6. Obscura

[IMG]
  7. Cyropaedia

haha nice.

Just answer this before I go: Are you male or female?
  8. Taemien

I thought being a human being, or at the very least, countryman was enough. Its enough for me at least.

Hell just being fellow PS2 players should be enough. Everyone here has something in common. I dunno, I just don't believe in segregating ourselves over frivolous issues. Having pride in something like sexuality is just weird to me. Same thing as race. I don't understand why people self-segregate themselves based on color of skin.

Look at it this way. I grew up in elementary school having friends of all colors. Middle School comes around and they start branching off. Friends still hang out but is tentative at best, when actually at school they don't like being seen around me. When High School rolls around, we're not even speaking to each other anymore.

Didn't understand it. Still don't. We grew up in the same neighborhoods. Parents did the same line of work. Same income level, everything. Doesn't make sense. Join the Army after a year or so of college and find out this sort of thing happens all over.

These groups like BLM and so forth claim its because of racism and bigotry. I've never been racists or bigoted. I've never seen color outside a skin tone difference. Never understood why we had to take Equal Opportunity classes once a year in the Army. I've seen racist people before. I know they exist. But they are so far off on the fringes that normal people, even here in the south, don't wish to associate with said people.

Its all politics is all I can figure. Just a way to divide people to section out the votes. Both sides do it too.
    • Up x 2
  9. DooDooBreff

part of the issue is that we see it as race, instead of acceptibg the fact that we are different species of the same race
  10. ZeroRyoko

Just because your room mate has a cogenital developmental disorder you think you're some how right? :p

Also no true Scotsman.
    • Up x 2
  11. DooDooBreff

this might sting a little
  12. WeRelic

Want to shut any racist up?
    Tell him that the molecules that make up his body once belonged to members of another race.

Why are we still arguing about this nonsense? Just be a human goddamn being. It's not that hard.
    • Up x 1
  13. XanIves

You know an argument is getting real when one person starts whining about the use of certain perfectly normal and valid words in the English language to indicate a personal failing on the poster's behalf. Seriously, when did it become illegal to use the term "political narrative"? Also, FYI, the term "gay rights activist" is actually better than the term "gay people", in the same way that "feminist" is a better term than "female". It is actually possible for non-gay people to be gay rights activists, and your wording ostracize those people otherwise.

I'm not meaning to be a jerk, I'm just trying to clarify some points.

If anyone is offended by this post, then:

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  14. Alkasirn

So I'll start with the disclaimer that I won't be talking about you personally, or evaluating what you've said as "good" or "bad"; I just want to add in some thoughts and ideas to consider.

More often than not, people make decisions based on their own values rather than someone else's, and one person can have a huge variety of values for a huge variety of reasons. Someone very well might not put any value on someone else playing the same game as them, but they may think it's important to know their sexuality isn't rare. Even if literally everyone else playing the game only value other people also playing the same game, it's not going to do a thing to help the person who doesn't care about that.

In a way, it's like an able-bodied person noticing a paraplegic doesn't have their wheelchair, then telling them to suck it up because the able-bodied person has never had a need for any wheelchairs. The paraplegic may still want a wheelchair, because someone else not caring about the wheelchair doesn't help at all.

Similarly, the paraplegic [probably] isn't trying to separate themselves from everyone else. On top of that, making sure there are ramps they can use to enter buildings probably isn't a very enjoyable experience for most, but something in their life has removed the option for them to do anything else.

As for the race thing: I used to figure the best thing to do would be to ignore everyone's race to the best of my ability and treat them based on things they have control over, such as if they decide to lie or cheat. Then I realized there was a problem with that idea. Even if I was able to annihilate all my biases, racists would still exist. Racists would still be out there making it a game to try and degrade as many people as possible. Victims would still be experiencing absolutely horrible things while people like me sat around hoping the problem would eventually sort itself out.

But, as it turns out, problems are eliminated much faster when there's a discussion about them.
  15. ConradHorse

I'm 'white' and I'm not offended by a black panther logo. I'm not offended by calling me white. I'm Polish but I'm not offended by black cross. Because I don't f***g care about some imbecils who care. Even if some rascists use black panther logo, even if some neonazis use black cross, then I'm not offended because I'm over it. I would have to be a total rascist and **** myself to care, to be on the same wavelength if you know what I mean. But I wouldn't lower to such levels. You, BML should learn from me being TOLERANT.
  16. Shiaari

Ex moderator, actually. I quit. Got a new job--a whole new career actually--with a bigger, better, far older, far more reputable company you've probably heard of.

The United States Postal Service. Oldest government agency in the country. Well, quasi-government agency now, at least since 1970 when some moron named Richard Nixon decided it needed to be privatized and signed the Postal Reorganization Act into law, severing the Post Office Department from the federal government, and creating a complete mess of an organization... all in the spirit of Republican-conservative capitalism.

Imagine that. A private organization, owned by the government, that provides a constitutionally mandated public service that Congress is constitutionally mandated to oversee, and they're trying their hardest to sell it.

Who's going to buy that?

No one. That's who. Because, no capitalist in their right mind is going to buy a company they have no control over.

Why?

Because, conservatives are ******* morons. To the last man.

That big ugly right wing chip on your shoulder has no rational reason to exist. The only reason it does exist is because you're under-educated and overly attached to ideas you don't even understand. Take your whole "tyrannical regime" haberdashery. You wouldn't recognize tyranny if landed in your lap. You're free to play this game and come and go as you please. You're free to say just about whatever you want anytime you want to say it, provided you're not under oath or inciting mass panic that's going to get people killed.

Speaking of mass panic: Has Obama come for you guns yet?

I didn't think so.
  17. EPIC389

Best way to avoid this problem is to avoid the thought that race and skin color matters altogether. I have friends with people whose heritage come from all over the globe. It honestly still bewilders me these days why some people still care(apart from elitist pricks. Everyone hates them)
    • Up x 3
  18. DooDooBreff

The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.”

Carl Sagan, Cosmos
    • Up x 5
  19. SpartanPsycho

Oopsy I touched the liberal nerve feels :D Btw the postal service is billions of dollars in debt, and Nixon was an idiot except for recognizing Israel.

Boy you hate conservatives don't you? You should get some help :D I think you're a harmless little liberal puffball, so throw up your arms into the sky.

21 guns..
  20. Taemien

Am I the only one that thinks he's actually trolling? I mean I thought the idea that the government owning a business is the exact opposite of economic-conservatism? And the only two conservative presidents in the last 100 years was Kennedy and Reagan (both shot too.. interestingly enough). The rest were moderates (party affiliation having no bearing), with the current being liberal'ish (I say 'ish because of the kickbacks in the AFA).

Either way, political ideologies always muddy things up in any discussion.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.