Best NC Weapon for CQC?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Bloodwod, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Bloodwod

I am level 20 on my HA and seem to be doing fine in most mid-range fights. I am using the Gauss Saw with Advanced Grip, HVA, Compensator and 2x Optics.

However, I find whenever I get into CQC with someone who knows what they are doing, I end up losing more often that not. Those who beat me tend to move around, strafe and spray me with bullets. The Saw doesn't seem to fire very well from the hip, and it is difficult to scope them when they are strafing.

Is this just the penalty of playing HA, or will I do better with another weapon for CQC in towers and such? If so, what weapon do you recommend?
  2. Anonynonymous

Go with EM6. Gauss SAW loses most of it's bite at close range due to it's slow as hell rate of fire. EM6 has higher rate of fire and thus higher DPS, it's even quite capable at engage targets at medium/long range as well.

Or if you wanna go for the extreme CQC setup, you can always get a pump-action shotgun.
  3. Frosty The Pyro

even with the best cert choices for CQC the SAW is still inferior at it, its a med-long range gun and thats were it will excell.

In my opinion pick a shotgun, good for all classes (except infiltator and max). I got an auto personaly, though the big mag semi with extended mag has enough shells to kill a stock max without reloading. And pumps are pretty killer I hear.

SMGs are also pretty good, infils can use em too. Not as good as shotties at super close range, but less useless at longer range.
  4. Zerran

I use the 8 round semi auto shotty for CQC with extended mag, as Frosty mentioned. Get up behind a max and start blasting him and he'll be dead before he knows what's going on.

It really doesn't work well past 10m though, unless you get slugs. (Which are great if you can control the recoil, but personally I'd prefer just using the SAW at that point.) Inside 10m though, it's pretty amazing.
  5. YesNoMaybe

Drop the HVA and use a 1x scope. This improves cqc significantly as you can actually move the mouse quickly enough to catch people strafing and you can still engage the long range people. I use this setup myself for all fights short/medium/long and pretty much only use it as you can see from my stats.

If you want to have the best advantage in cqc definitely get a shotgun. The anchor looks pretty good to me since it has the same damage/rof as an em6 but with smaller cof and can equip an advanced laser. I haven't tried the anchor since its 1000certs and not sure if the difference is bigger enough over the saw or em6..
  6. TintaBux

em1 is better at cqc then em6,
  7. Zaik

either of the SMGs, the 50 magazine size one is probably better overall.

of course there's shotguns, which any class can use.

If you have to use an LMG for it, the anchor is the only one worth a damn. Put an advanced laser dot on it and 1x HS/NV scope. All LMGs are completely inferior to any other weapon class in the game for CQC though, except for bolt action sniper rifles.
  8. RobotNixon

Cyclone by far. If you just condition yourself to reloading after every kill, the reload speed is insane and has an excellent damage output.
    • Up x 3
  9. Flashtirade

Yeah, the SAW is pretty much the worst CQC option.

The GD-22S, SAW S, and EM6 all have the same RoF and damage per bullet. They differ in clip size, recoil patterns, and attachments. The Anchor is much like the GD-22S, except more specialized to CQC with a little faster RoF and less accuracy. The EM1 has the best RoF and a decent reload speed, but damage per bullet is lacking.

- For a pure CQC LMG, I'd say it's between the Anchor and the EM1. Both are bullet hoses, which is usually what you want in CQC. Both of them have access to the advanced laser sight, but I'd recommend against getting it, since the cone doesn't shrink nearly enough to match CQC non-LMG options.
    - For CQC non-LMG weapons, get the Blitz or a shotgun. The Cyclone has excellent damage per bullet, but that smaller clip really hurts. I can't recommend getting a shotgun at this time, since they're to be "rebalanced" next major update.
    - For a more jack-of-all-trades gun, go with the GD-22S, SAW S, or EM6. The GD-22S has some nasty side-to-side recoil and a 50-round clip, but it also reloads faster. The differences between the SAW S and EM6 are minute.
  10. rockNoob

for pure combat I either go gr-22 as medic class gives me some extra health or EM-1 on heavy assault which allows killing multiple enemies while jumping and hip firing. GD-7f is also cool but u lack the heal or shield ability. Anchor is really good but doesn't fit in my playstyle, if it's to go anchor I go medic with gr-22.
  11. fudili

the 22s and and saw s have 577 rpm the em6 has 600rpm like the anchor. Also i the 22s i wouldnt say has nasty side to side recoil. it only pulls in one direction horizontally, (to the right) versus the others you mentioned which do bounce left and right. Combined with the lowest overall recoil i think that makes the 22s way easier to keep on target than any of the nc lmgs.

As far as cqc like you'll see, shotgun or Smg would be better but for lmgs i would go with the anchor or the em6 (i prefer the anchor) as the 600rpm with the 167 damage makes them quite effective.
  12. toxs

THE CLAW!!!!!!!!!!!

Its too funny to one/two shot everyone.
    • Up x 1
  13. Singed

Join the TR. All we do is make bullet hoses.
  14. Wildcardgsx

Get a Shotgun, try them out in the VR training to see what you like best.

Pay close attention to the range, spread, reload speads and how it performs ADS and from hip
  15. Makwa

Shotgun. Atleast until the rebalancing.
    • Up x 1
  16. TheUprising

The EM1 is a dreadful gun, don't believe anyone telling you to get it. Its a worse version of the Polaris and the Polaris isn't a very good gun...
  17. LowTechKiller

No question, the Claw.
    ...but how/why do you re-balance a pump shotgun that's the same for all three factions?

I LOVE the fact that pump shotguns are usable by most classes in all factions. We can all equip them and face off against each other...and may the best soldier win. Isn't that how the game should be?

BTW...I also LOVE the fact that it kills at arms reach with one shot. IT'S A SHOTGUN BLAST TO THE CHEST, for God's sake. What do you expect? I especially like it when someone takes me by surprise and blasts me...scares the hell out of me. It's great.
    • Up x 1
  18. MiZrY

The Anchor..... because it is badass
    • Up x 2
  19. Tekone

The best NC QCQ:
    What he said.

I am particularly fond of the Piston with extended mag. That's the only cert you really need for it. And with it, in CQC you don't even have to strafe. Just hold the trigger down and have a laugh.
  20. Panssarikauha

Ill toot the gd-22s horn as a very reliable, and reload-ocd friendly weapon.
    • Up x 1