Best NC Weapon for CQC?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Bloodwod, Mar 26, 2013.

1. LibertyRevolution

Piston with extended mags.

EM6 if you insist on using and LMG for all ranges.
    • Up x 1
  2. KnightCole

Yeah, but if the NC guns are so bad, why am i doing so much better then my TR guy ever was? Yeah, I had a slow start on the TR side(TR was my 1st toon), but I figured it out and still wasnt able to rock out with my CARV out half as well as I do with the NC. I run the NC6 btw..in CQC, sniping, mid range......its just plain a better gun, NC a better faction. imo.
  3. Taiga

I never said NC are OP, nor did i say TR and VS are OP. each faction has things that they are good at, and this b*tchy kid wants to say that because NC are better at range that they are completely OP.
  4. biterwylie

I would suggest you will improve with time. I started out with horrible K/D. As I have played longer it has improved a great deal.
  5. Taiga

My TR has a 4.7 k/d with a SPM of about 450. My NC has a 2.45 with SPM of about 250. You cannot ssay NC is better because of your experience.
  6. Alex Heartnet

Piston, piston, piston. The thing is still capable of large kill streaks and can still tear apart an entire MAX by itself. (Nerf? What nerf.) And of course shotgun choice = personal preference - they are all equally deadly to the best of my knowledge.

Also, Scatmax, because the recent nerf has forced me to re-think how I was using it. I suppose actually aiming the thing and remembering MAX weapons are off-center would be an excellent start. Going for headshots also helps. Against a Scatmax that keeps this in mind, you are still going to die just the same as before.
  7. llPendragon

NC are better at Infantry because they don't have a good alternative, not because their guns are better. Make TR/VS have the Vanguard and Reaver and you'll see them start to take more care in setting up their infantry classes too.
    • Up x 1
  8. Mumnoch

This child is throwing a fit cause I told him his toy was better than mine lol.

I'm glad so many other NC players came on here and defended my statements to you so I didn't have to bother~
  9. Mumnoch

Vanguard and Reaver disparities when compared to the other faction's has been proven false beyond a shadow of a doubt. Even 1 of your most staunch supporters of the Reaver being worse when compared to the other factions ESFs have been forced to admit that the disparities he claimed was false and he stated so in the threads he created crying wolf on the issue.

As far as the Vanguard being worse there's a few video's here on the forum's where people prove that this is a false statement as well. With the Vanguard's shields, dmg per shot, accuracy, and speed per projectile at worse they are equal to the other faction's tanks.

Not knocking or trying to sound insulting to you bud, just didn't want falsities spreading around about the NC. Just search and you'll see the post's I'm referring to to back up these claims.
  10. Zaik

coming back to this thread, it's definitely the claw atm. i think it will end up being better than the upcoming bruiser in most situations, we'll see.
  11. Alex Heartnet

The Vanguard can be a good tank, yes, but the thing is indeed slow. There is a very good reason why the Vanguard has the worst certs per hour of any tank, and it has everything to do with speed (or lack thereof). Ever if one disregards certs/hour the Vanguard still has trouble getting from point A to point B.

The Reaver's advantages still elude me. As an ok-ish pilot I still do not know what its strengths are, much less how to take advantage of such. A lot of pilots bounce off the Reaver's disadvantages and then claim the Mosquito is a joy to fly compared to the Reaver. Not everyone is an ace pilot, so this alone makes the Reaver worse overall from a commander's perspective.
    • Up x 2
  12. llPendragon

As much as I want to believe everything I read in the forums, I prefer to look at the actual game data:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=23

The intellectual diagnosis of the equipment doesn't override the "real world" evidence.

Aside:
    The data also shows that TR has the best avg score/hr in every Infantry class besides the MAX. I think we need to reevaluate who we are looking at as OP...
  13. Mumnoch

intellectual diagnosis should also consider the amount of people per faction.

If I have 10 people, and 1 of them gets a kill then 1/10 are earning kills. If I have 16 people and 1 of them gets a kill then 1/16 are earning kills. Does this make the 1/10 > 1/16? Nope, it's still just 1 person earning kills which makes it more like 1/10 = 1/16.
  14. llPendragon

Could you expand on this a little? I don't understand how this would change the avg score/hour per person.
  15. Mumnoch

basically if you look @ total person per side, then each person per class, then avg score per hour across all classes/combo's (vehicles/air/etc) NC rule's the roost though not by much.
  16. ladiesop

The score per hour is already averaged. If there is more score overall that doesn't mean anything other than more numbers help the faction overall more.

What you are seeing is the NC scoring worse despite larger numbers, as score and kills aren't zero sum.
    • Up x 1
  17. Goretzu

Er... no it doesn't. Please show your working.
  18. Pie Chasm

To the same effect, it would only make sense that the side with the larger numbers has the lower average score, because there are less kills to distribute among them.

I think this has changed substantially with the introduction of alerts, although the alerts keep the faction differences in check somewhat.

It would be interesting to see just how much it has changed, if at all ( the difference in score per hour related to faction presence ).
  19. ladiesop

It doesn't work out this way, because in this game kills aren't zero sum. While there are more 'targets', there are only a few seconds before a respawn.

In fact, as the kills aren't zero sum, larger numbers should tip things more in the NC favour than they do because with all things equal, 10 guys camping 3 guys (who are fighting back rather than redeploying) will get more total kills (both total and in proportion) than the 3 guys will, as long as the 10 don't make themselves easy targets, as the larger numbers will be more likely to cause a kill due to killing much faster and being able to surround them.
  20. Damballah

For LMGs, Anchor or Em1 with Max Laser sight. Also still decent at mid game too. Anchor hits harder but Em1 has 100 round mag. Also shotguns of course, but you have way more flexibility with the two LMGs.